It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Kerry? Voting a no-show!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Voting for a war-mongering madman who has the IQ of a peanut is equally irresponsible, hehe....

I think that it takes more IQ than a peanut to fly a fighter-jet, much more so than to be in a boat.

Yes, getting rid of Saddam was the right thing to do. Doing it alone while thumbing your nose at the UN and long-standing allies was NOT the thing to do, and Kerry recognizes this.

We didn't need the approval of the world to do what was the right thing. Senator Kerry is more concerned about what people think of him than to do what is right.

[edit on 1/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Regarding Bush, photo ops in Florida don't count as working considering we have a war on TERROR (not Iraq; Bush supporters have somehow forgotten this) currently taking place.

Do you really think Bush should totally abandon any sort of domestic agenda and worry about Iraq? Did FDR worry about jobs and war at the same time? I think so.

Talk about Kerry not showing up .. How about Bush always being on vacation??

Is the president ever really on vacation? He can have anyone he wants on secure phone in minutes, probably anyone he wants to meet in person in a couple of hours. A meeting with Tony Blair at Camp David is kind of working too, you know. On the other hand, a senator's primary job is to attend meetings and vote on things. That is kind of hard to do when you aren't there.

Monday, August 20
Spoke concerning the budget while visiting a high school in Independence, Missouri.
Spoke at the annual Veteran's of Foreign Wars convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Signed six bills into law.

My point exactly. When Kerry is on vacation, does he vote on 6 senate bills in one day? No, you can't vote if you aren't there. Besides the fact that the senate is only in session like 8 or 9 months a year, senators already have a built in 3 or 4 month vacation. Presidents don't have that.

"He has abandoned his duties as Senator by missing 87% of the roll calls this year and 64% last year. "

He's running for office of the President of the United States. He's on the road every day of the year in a different state of the Union talking to people to get them to vote for him, that's why he's not at the office. If you ran for President, you'd miss work too.

Was he running for president in 1993 when he didn't bother to show up for a single meeting of the Intelligence Oversight Committee that he was on? His 20 year record is pretty bad, we aren't talking about something that has just suddenly started.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
He didn't lie and start an oil war

War for oil. Yeah, right. If America wanted the oil fields, we'd take
them and keep them. We wouldn't have liberated Kuwait and then
given them back their oil fields from Saddam. We'd take over
Mexico and Venzuela - both are oil rich countries, both are MUCH
closer to America so the take over would cost MUCH MUCH less,
and both are not nearly as explosive as the Muslim Middle East
countries. Iraq = War for oil. Nope.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I care more about a sitting President who was a "no-show" for military service than I do for missing some Senate votes...

Doing it alone while thumbing your nose at the UN and long-standing allies was NOT the thing to do

Kerry did more than miss 'some' Senate votes, he missed
almost all of them. 70+% is more than 'some'.

Kerry missed most of the senate votes AND was a 'no-show' for
military duty. Bet ya' didn't know that. When Kerry left Vietnam
he was still in the Naval Reserves. He still had to finish his 6 year
committment so he had more than a year left that he had to do
Reserve duty for. He never showed up for ANY of his reserve duty.
NONE OF IT. However, during this time that he was AWOL from
reserve duty, he managed to show up in Paris to have unapproved
'peace talks' with communist Vietnamese leaders. This was against
the law.

So while G.W. may or may not have missed a couple of National
Guard weekends. Kerry missed ALL of his reserve duty weekends,
he had illegal unauthorized meetings with the enemy while he
was still in the military, AND he missed almost all the senate votes
for 20 years.

Ref para #2 - we did not go it alone. We had 45 nations with us.
Germany, France, and Russia did not go in because they had
illegal deals with Saddam that they didn't want to interrupt. They
were wrong and they should have gone in to liberate Iraq. When
our 'allies' are wrong, it doesn't mean we should jump on the
bandwagon and be wrong also.

[edit on 10/2/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
What has Kerry done to give you confidence that he will do ANYTHING as President?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but what exactly did Bush do before he won his first election to give confidence he would do anything as President either? He was a businessman and a governor. Kerry is a Lawyer and a Senator. I guess I just don't see much difference here.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Bush was Governer of Texas for two terms. I know that about 150 people got the death penalty in Texas during his term so at the very least he was busy with that.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, actually, the governor doesn't give out death sentences. He does have the power to pardon, which Bush apparently didn't exercise alot.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Originally posted by Jemison
What has Kerry done to give you confidence that he will do ANYTHING as President?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but what exactly did Bush do before he won his first election to give confidence he would do anything as President either? He was a businessman and a governor. Kerry is a Lawyer and a Senator. I guess I just don't see much difference here.

Bush v Gore was an election of greenies. Both candidates had no experiance.

In this election, it is Kerry's responsibility to PROVE to us, through sharing policy and plans with the public, how he is going to do the job better than GWB. So far all he has done is exposed Bush's mistakes. He needs to go one step further and tell us how he can one-up Bush.

[edit on 10/2/2004 by Rain King]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

In this election, it is Kerry's responsibility to PROVE to us, through sharing policy and plans with the public, how he is going to do the job better than GWB. So far all he has done is exposed Bush's mistakes. He needs to go one step further and tell us how he can one-up Bush.

Exactly! I believe that Bush proved to us what he was made of on 9/11. Perhaps he didn't make everyone happy but his approval ratings immediately following 9/11 speak volumes for him, and they say more than the monday morning quarterbacking that Kerry is spewing!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by coney
"He has abandoned his duties as Senator by missing 87% of the roll calls this year and 64% last year. "

He's running for office of the President of the United States. He's on the road every day of the year in a different state of the Union talking to people to get them to vote for him, that's why he's not at the office. If you ran for President, you'd miss work too.

Did he start his campaign in 1993? You conveniently forgot that he'd missed the vast majority of the meetings of the intelligence comittee.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Meanwhile, Bush is the AWOL and vacation President. Guess those Skull and Bones boys like their off-time.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why does everyone take Moore's word as gospel? Bush was on vacation (pre 9/11) 13% of the time and most of that 13% he spent working.

Bush on vacation 13% and working
vs.
Kerry working 13% and voting pretty much opposite of what his current words are saying.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join