It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The carrot (chicken or egg , vegetable version)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have a question that I will try my best to ask so that it makes sense. These are hypothetical questions obviously.

Just for an example, I'm thinking of a carrot but this could be for anything really. My question is how did carrots get created?

I assume no one "invented" the carrot. So, over many millions of years did carrots just somehow "form?" Did they just show up? And how? I mean, did someone a looooong time ago just come across a carrot seed or a carrot and if a seed, did this person just know to plant it? And if a carrot, did this person just know to eat it?
And are things "forming" today that in millions of years will become another type of "carrot?"

It's hard to try to describe what it is I'm pondering so I apologize if this seems confusing.

Did the carrot start as a seed? If so, how did the seed form? And from what? I'm using a carrot as an example but this could be about anything. I guess it's like the old "chicken and the egg" question. I enjoy thinking of things like this but frustrating because I'd really like to know the answer.

Here's an article about the carrot and it's origins:

carrots

I did read up a little bit about it but it's still intriguing to me to think that something could come from nothing.

Just me pondering about things.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Genesis 1:29

God also said: "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;
30 and to all the animals of the land, all the birds of the air, and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground, I give all the green plants for food." And so it happened.

Or you can listen those evolutionists and believe that carrots evolved from monkeys.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Exactly it was God , who made leeks and brocolli and all the rest . Enough for the blind and the seeing , and the seeing in the dark . The Bible proves at least the list reeled off by the hungry Jews who wished to go back to Egypt for food . The genes and the names have been around for 3500 years at very minimum .

It was not Monsanto. Neither was it the ingrates that wouldnt know a seed from a ping pong ball .
edit on 23-5-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I would think some type of genetic variation occured within the evolutionary process of some other similiar plant millions of years ago in a suitable environment.

we now mass produce them so it would seem like they are everywhere but they were probably found in a very small remote area where they would grow naturally then traded.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

That gorilla is havin one man . > Is that a coincidence ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

a canabalistic monkey, how sad

lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

(his avatar is a gorilla get ats to find out/-)

he is not answering either .

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

and he is eating a carrot .

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by ZIPMATT

lol

I'm not a d####d dirty monkey! I'm an ape!
(I've been waiting so long to use that line.)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

lol he is havin another one

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

ir more properly a primate , giveus ago on your carrot monkey , er ,

do you really actually beleive in /god ? cos i do ..
edit on 23-5-2012 by ZIPMATT because: question

and his carrots .

36 carrots being exact

mere mortals get packs of 24
edit on 23-5-2012 by ZIPMATT because: carrots

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

do you really actually beleive in /god ? cos i do ..
Yes.

and his carrots .

36 carrots being exact

mere mortals get packs of 24

This better?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

What you need is an evolution 101 course (or google). Who is claiming that carrots, turnips, apes, humans, or sea monkeys came from nothing? Things don't just suddenly show up. They change slowly over time and adapt to various environments. Carrots are one of numerous types of root vegetables that survived by getting most nutrients from the soil while keeping the goods protected underground from predators.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This better?

Yes , . Trust in the Lord God _always, for in Him everlasting strength .. (Isaiah 26)
and carrots forever , we love em .

Off topic , but , I just noticed that we (the earth) seems to be undergoing nutation just right now , again like it did at this time (around midsummer) last year .
Apparently it does it more at its closest point , and it can be noticeable . I may start a thread , but could we just check outside if you can see the stars rolling around a bit , like a slowish wobbling / rolling around the average fixed point ?
At the moment , line any star up with a fixed object like the corner of a roof , , and see if it is moving around . You may see with the other stars too they all appear to rapidly shift position together fairly randomly .
I dont mean the we see them rising/ setting as normal ... its well worth a look if its clear .l
Its because the poles /whole earth is are shifting very slightly/slowly/alot/fast , again, as the world turns

edit on 23-5-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by ZIPMATT

lol

I'm not a d####d dirty monkey! I'm an ape!
(I've been waiting so long to use that line.)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks for all the interesting and entertaining replies.
I was just typing down stuff that pops up in my head
sometimes.

Carrots FTW!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

Well if you ask ancient alien theorists they will tell you hat when the people came from the sky they bought those seeds with them...better to grow your own food when you're in space for extended periods and off world for extended periods of time...but that begs the question...where did it come from to get to their homeworld? IDK my head hurts now.
edit on 23-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy
I assume no one "invented" the carrot.

You would be wrong.

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
Exactly it was God, who made leeks and brocolli and all the rest.

Broccoli was created by humans by selective breeding from the wild mustard plant.

Nearly all the vegetables Westerners eat today are artificial creations, the results of hundreds of years of selective breeding. If you saw the ones 'God gave you', you wouldn't want to eat them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

LOL! Funny Pic!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Thanks for your response. You are right, I haven't read to much into these subjects, I'm one of "those" who think up questions and sometimes research more, sometimes not. Again, I'm just pondering and am thankful for the replies.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join