It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - The Vetting - Barack Obama, the First Tea Partier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The article clearly states he was at a "4th on 53rd" parade. It's an annual event, go figure. Google "4th on 53rd".

4th on 53rd Parade
In this annual Fourth of July celebration, a parade of citizens and community groups winds through Hyde Park and ends up in Nichols Park, where family activities are held.

From the 2011 event:
4th on 53rd Parade 2011

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yeah and scroll down to the very bottom....And tell me the date?

On the photo is says July 9th as the date.
edit on 23-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It was probably published July 9 in one of the local newspapers.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So what stopped Obama from attending this annual 4th Of July parade? What was so special about the July 4th 1997 parade?

Wait I can answer that..In 1997 that was when he became State Senator...So did he just make a cameo appearance to show false patriotism?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I can see the derangement syndrome is really kicking into high gear in this post.

Obama was elected senator in 1996, so him attending a parade in 1997 should not be a big surprise. You also assume too much, he may have attended any number of Chicago-related events during his tenure there, until photos turn up saying he was definitively there or not, what's the big deal? Obama attended a 4th of July parade in Hyde Park in 1997, and the right-wing lunatics are going nuts over it. There's some patriotism for you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Obama was elected senator in 1996, so him attending a parade in 1997 should not be a big surprise. You also assume too much, he may have attended any number of Chicago-related events during his tenure there, until photos turn up saying he was definitively there or not, what's the big deal? Obama attended a 4th of July parade in Hyde Park in 1997, and the right-wing lunatics are going nuts over it. There's some patriotism for you.

Elected in 1996, but served in 97. I am not assuming anything if you know so much about your boys patriotism then I am sure you have other photos of him partaking in other events of Patriotism?...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Elected in 1996, but served in 97. I am not assuming anything if you know so much about your boys patriotism then I am sure you have other photos of him partaking in other events of Patriotism?

"Elected in 1996, but served in 97" - and the parade was when? 1997. So why are you having such a hard time grasping this? All this shows is Senator Obama attending a Hype Park Fourth of July Parade in his home district. Every politician everywhere does this.

This thread fails on so many levels - number one, it requires we suspend our knowledge of when the TPM was created (first coined in 2007 by RP supporter's, but then hijacked and ran by the GOP/Koch Ind. in 2009) with a 4th of July parade in 1997, and secondly, it implies anyone (but especially Obama) wearing a "regimental coat, tricorn hat, or carrying a corn-cob pipe" participating in a 4th of July parade is somehow connected to the GOP/Koch Ind. "Tea Party Movement" or are "hypocrites" because they call out the TPM for being nothing more than tea-#snip# GOP shills supporting a corporate agenda favorable to the Big Banks.

edit on Sat May 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So why are you having such a hard time grasping this?

I am having a hard time trying to grasp his inconsistency in showing patriotism.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All politicians will act or say what their particular audience wants to hear. I don't see what the big deal is about this picture? So he was the first Tea Partier, by a custume he wore years ago. So what! He is a hypocrite. Big deal! I am more concerned about his policies, government spending, corruption, and the usual destructive behavior a politician will engage in when people are not watching. You know, stuff like that. I am not going to sweat the small stuff.

There is plenty of stuff to focus on instead of an incident that happened years and years ago by a politician out pandering. They all do it. People have got to vet his record, and that my friends is a geyser of improprieties and missteps. There is plenty of campaign firepower for the opposition instead of this petty garbage.

Lets confuse the voters even more than they already are? Lets refocus their attention on sensationalistic nonsense, as the country around them crumbles. Just my humble opinion. You folks can go back and forth about this, but it is really immaterial. So he bad mouthed the Tea Party and referred to them in a sexually provocative manner? I can care less, or if he went around wearing colonial garb on a 4th of July celebration years ago. The record is where it is at!
edit on 23-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Lets refocus their attention on sensationalistic nonsense, as the country around them crumbles. Just my humble opinion. You folks can go back and forth about this, but it is really immaterial. So he bad mouthed the Tea Party and referred to them in a sexually provocative manner? I can care less, or if he went around wearing colonial garb on a 4th of July celebration years ago. The record is where it is at!

I agree with you, but people want to push this guy for another re-election thinking everything is hunky-dory the way he is running our country now. Do you think things will get better in another 4 under him?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

... his inconsistency in showing patriotism

And what "inconsistency in showing his patriotism" would that be? Not kowtowing before the Koch's and their agenda, masquerading as a "tea party" movement?

Would more 4th of July pictures of Obama make you happy?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Is Breitbart honestly suggesting that this 4th of July parade in Chicago along 53rd Street back in 1997 is the "Tea Party Movement" of today - that same TPM that is a bought-and-paid-for extension of the Big Banks and Koch Brothers? The TPM co-opted the Gadsen flag just as they were co-opted by the Big Bankers and GOP.

Yep. take a look at the big banks who donated to him.

they all pulled support and are donating to romney now.

Thats the coffin nail. Big money controls the election.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Would more 4th of July pictures of Obama make you happy?

Sure whatever floats your boat...I don't need photos to see that he is a snake slithering through the cracks just to help himself get by...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The tea party didn't exist in 1997, this thread is pointless.

Most people party and wear red white and blue on the 4rth of July. Are you mad that he was actually showing his Americanism?
edit on 23-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Jakes51

Lets refocus their attention on sensationalistic nonsense, as the country around them crumbles. Just my humble opinion. You folks can go back and forth about this, but it is really immaterial. So he bad mouthed the Tea Party and referred to them in a sexually provocative manner? I can care less, or if he went around wearing colonial garb on a 4th of July celebration years ago. The record is where it is at!

I agree with you, but people want to push this guy for another re-election thinking everything is hunky-dory the way he is running our country now. Do you think things will get better in another 4 under him?

Oh, I agree that his supporters are trying to smooth things over. Things are far from hunky-dory, and that is why his record as President needs to be drummed into voters' foreheads. This stuff is just cluttering the plate with useless nonsense. The opposition has more than enough firepower to engage in total war as result of his horrendous fiscal polices, inability to corral congress into agreeing on a federal budget, over-billed healthcare plan which exceeds initial estimates by a trillion dollars, the failures of his green initiatives like Soylendra, Fast and the Furious, hints of corruption, and so and so forth.

There is just so much to throw out there to engage the public's interest instead of parading around old news that is irrelevant to the serious fiscal and economic crisis affecting the US. As for things getting better in another fours years under the current leadership, and do I think so? Absolutely not! Of course, that is only my opinion. This story is eerily similar to how the other side engages in political rhetoric. Taking cheap shots at the opposition. It is really unnecessary to focus on stuff that happened long before the President took office. His performance as President is what everyone should be focusing on.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The tea party didn't exist in 1997, this thread is pointless.

Most people party and wear red white and blue on the 4rth of July. Are you mad that he was actually showing his Americanism?

This thread is more than pointless. A guy dressing up in a regimental coat, tricorn hat, and corn-cob pipe is not a "Tea Partier", of the Revolutionary-era Boston Tea Party - those guys dressed up like Indians, donning headdresses and feathers, with painted faces, and not the dress of the revolutionary militia.

Obama only dressed like the many other Americans celebrating the 4th of July. The real hypocrites are the pretenders elected to Congress in 2010, calling themselves the "Tea Party Freshmen", who have done nothing but support the Banking and Financial sector.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Breibart is the most propaganda filled website I think I have ever seen in my life. It's actually sickening that ATS members visit it, yet hate on people who watch FOX.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A senator attends an Independance day parade in their district and this is incriminating how?

Oh. It's a failed attempt at bashing. check

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You seem to forget there are two tea parties.

1. The good one run and started by Ron Paul.

2. The joke of a tea party run by the Koch brothers which turned something honorable into a corporatist tool.

Showing Obama backing some of RP's ideals may just get him more votes.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Obama is a Patriot??? Hold the Presses!!!!!

Sounds like 2008 all over again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join