It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will soldiers overseas do when the dollar collapses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I can't sleep right now, and this question just popped into my head. Maybe ATS can help.

When the dollar collapses, which I believe is imminent, what will all the U.S. service men and women do when they are stationed overseas in combat zones? Will there be exodus from all U.S. bases by service members going AWOL? Will the U.S. Government withdraw all troops from overseas? What percentage of service members do you think would continue to serve for only room and board?

Granted, if the dollar collapsed, the military may be the only place where you could still get food, medical attention and other necessities easily. As complete chaos gripped the population, service members would undoubtedly want to be home with their families. How many of them do you think would follow the orders to stay away from loved ones?

Do you think the Government would cut all news, to try to keep military members in the dark?

We all saw what the New Orleans Police Department did during Katrina. Many of them didn't show up to work. Would we have the same result with our military forces?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

You raise a very good point and it makes me remember one of the most important conspiracy theories out there.

With all our armies being controlled by money and the government who pays the bills broke and in unplayable debt, couldn't that leave a number of major nations defenseless for a certain amount of time.

If you look at what is happening in the world the point is being made that our financial system is not stable and the fact that it is controlled by the same people who funded the Nazis and initiated the great depression.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I can guarantee you one thing, but that is for sure: the government will use the military to protect "the people" (themselves) in case of riots, which would break out if (not "when", I am quite sure that the dollar is far from collapse, too large pockets of money, speaking chinese, are filled with bucks..) the dollar collapses. Therefore you will see massive backdrops of military to the states riiiiiight before TSHTF.

No need to worry about that.. Selfdefence is important, so every armed person under leadership of trustworthy (to the government at least) people will be brought back.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I wish that the dollar wouldn't fail, but if/when it does, I really hope our service men and women will have a safe trip back to their home countries. I know if I am able to help someone in need, I will try my "darnest" to help them. I can only wish there are other people in the world that would provide protection and help to people in foreign land.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
While deployed I wasn't worried about the value of my money. As it was backed by the military standard. Any country that invites us in and asks the military to stay, isn't going to turn away that which has boosted their economy.

Maybe if our financial straw house were to collapse, second and third world countries would shy away. Bit as it is, we rebuild nations and that's what we have done in wars instead of conquering.

Or perhaps all the above is my skewed perception.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Electronic money/credit. The dollar has already crashed. It is worth 2 cents on the dollar compared to 1913, I am not sure how much further it can even fall.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Electronic money/credit. The dollar has already crashed. It is worth 2 cents on the dollar compared to 1913, I am not sure how much further it can even fall.

This.. is irrelevant? You can't go into a shop with a dollar coin from 1913 (provided it isn't made of solid gold) and by for example a MP3-player. Maybe if you sell the coin to a collector you might get your 50$, otherwise it is not a viable piece of money.

I don't think that your comparision is valid.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If the EURO crashes, which seems more likely. Wouldn't the US dollar become stronger? As the worlds reserve currency, surely it would strengthen if the Euro fails?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Obviously none of you have the faintest clue as to how this fraudulent "money" system even works. In a real collapse, here's what will happen to all the soldiers overseas, when their machinery has no fuel, their GPS controlled everything does not work anymore, and they have only the ammo they are carrying: they will all DIE.

Those who think this can't happen to the great ol' USA: it's happened before, many a time. Just ask the Romans, the Ottomans, Alexander the Great, hell, every EMPIRE how it worked out for them in the end.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If the EURO crashes, which seems more likely. Wouldn't the US dollar become stronger? As the worlds reserve currency, surely it would strengthen if the Euro fails?

That's what I've been hearing on TV. Over the last week the Cdn dollar has gone down to 97 cents when matched against the USD. Our dollar is measured against the strength of the US dollar.
They've said it was because as people are pulling their money out of the banks in Europe, they're moving it into the USD, making the USD stronger.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
the usd will not be the worlds reserve currency much longer according to some

never fear though:
the US has a wonderfull training program for training the troops to live with no shelter, food, or medicine, because they can't afford these essential things

its called the honorable discharge

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

If the Euro crashes the dollar may become stronger, but of course the MSM will want you to think that. It may infact have the opposite effect since the U.S. does so much business with the EU. Who's to say the Euro isn't holding up the dollar right now?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by snowspirit

If the Euro crashes the dollar may become stronger, but of course the MSM will want you to think that. It may infact have the opposite effect since the U.S. does so much business with the EU. Who's to say the Euro isn't holding up the dollar right now?

True. It's so hard to predict, and I'm surprised things aren't worse right now.

When the foundation holding it all up, is weak.......

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have been waiting for the imminent collapse of the dollar for about 6 years now. Did I miss it or is there something about the word imminent that I am not understanding??

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They will come back or they will survive where they are stuck.The RPG game "Twilight 2000" handled this scenario after a nuclear exchange.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

What percentage of miltary members do you think would continue to serve?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The military would have to collapse, before the value of any current or newly issued currency becomes worthless.

Fiat value is backed by firepower.

new topics

top topics

join