It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Australia the happiest country on the planet"..............NO WE'RE NOT! WTF?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
link to article

Yes we are!
"A new report has named Australia as the happiest industrialised nation in the world based on various criteria like job satisfaction, income and health"

okay...I'll bite, tell me. I'll hear you out
"The study released by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in Paris last night says Australia is set to grow at just about the fastest pace in the developed world for decades to come."

well....that sounds good....

""Australia's economic fundamentals remain strong, with our economy expected to grow more strongly than every single major advanced economy over the next two years," Treasurer Wayne Swan said in statement"

so...like ha ha ha get that into you!! We rock?!!??!!
that's not funny though...
?

(shakes head) uh okay...... well........., why are the Greeks and Italians so unhappy? Such beautiful countries, and the people and the food, they always look happy on those cooking shows and travel shows, otherwise I would never have seen it. You guys/girls are gorgeousness personified, really really lovely. Why are you so unhappy?! Who's ass can I kick for you?

It actually makes me feel unhappy,
I reckon if we're growing at a such a great rate of knotts, and we are sooo happy, perhaps you can come here? If you want, I'm personally okay with that. We welcome anyone who is honest and polite, even though we have a very unique way of showing it, we do. You just can't fathom true Aussie mind, but it's just like yours, truly unfathomable....

Anyhooo! I'm rambling...
back to why we are sooo HAPPY!!!

hmmm scan down that link
This one lovely

and you'll notice a link like this

Related: The 40 most affordable Aussie Suburbs

COOL! That makes me genuinely happy
we're already advertising, goodness! We're smart
AND on the ball with moving forward to a glorious future. Perfect

Then.....scroll a little further and you'll see a beautiful serene little scene of a woods home covered in soft snow, almost like clouds on the ground...I dunno, maybe it's just me. :shrugs: reading the caption though...

Countries with the highest taxes
huh?
w...tf...? huh?

so....if you're in a country, that get's snow...you pay the highest taxes? Head south to tax haven? Are we?
Seriously!? I need to get myself a tax education cause some people in this country are mightily unhappy about taxes, me...I dunno about that because I didn't know we were a tax haven, so I can't really comment...
....oh well....come for the sunshine then
anytime, I mean they've started to advertise an' all, so it must be okay!
Your country clearly doesn't want you, and I happen to love unwanted things....fancy not being wanted?!
That is just mean and uncalled for, and the fact that they're saying it's cold and tax filled so you may as well leave and head down under.
It's just weird really. Unfathomable even...

Can I ask a favour though?
cause we're happy to have you an all
truly
please first know our rules very well, so as not to disable yourself in any way, I mean, once you get here, we are very well regulated in a lot of areas, I mean a lot of areas.
So for the general joe, it is sometimes far too complicated, our government like to 'slow' it down and 'speed' it up, you know.....run the show. Like your country government does.
Actually they get paid very well to do that job, and they should certainly be respected for their effort, it's hard making everyone happy all at once.
I'm sure you know what I'm speaking about, especially if you have family, which you all do of course, it's all of us, know what I mean?

rambling again...sorry
BUT..........isn't it the case, with rather large income, comes rather large (equally so, funnily enough) responsibility. Doesn't it? I think they get something like, from $100 000 - $350 000 (something like that, it's a lot of money anyway) to run our entire country, but they have the largest responsibility in the country right? They are the ones working for the people, right? That's their job. Isn't it? Didn't I hear somewhere they used to do it for free?
I could be mistaken though, what do I know really...look at the tax thing
Digressed again sorry
hope you can bare with me

it's something like GREAT POWER, comes with GREAT RESPONSIBILITY. Isn't that right?
I always thought it did, again, that's just me, crickey! I know less than I thought!

A question.....
Since when did Governments ever want to get rid of it's people? Are you not their bread and butter?
That's just dumb, and makes no sense what's so ever, truly think about about that just for a moment...
are you done?
good
Based on that though....If they have the GREATEST INCOME, do they not then also have the GREATEST RESPONSIBILITY for their entire workforce, right back to it's roots, even further back than grass roots, that helps them make all that bread and butter?
I would think so, but again that's me....
Why would they then go....sorry we're taxed to the hilt and it's bloody cold here, go elsewhere.?.?.?
Someone is very confused...
I'm woman enough to admit I have no freakin clue why they don't want you. Are you polite when you want something? My kids get nothing when they demand, but that's just me again.

Back to those beautiful Greek and Italian peoples of all sorts.
You are more than welcome anytime, you guys helped to build our country, big strong brave working men.
They are here, is all I've got to base my opinion on, so that's it, till I say otherwise really, for me that is.
My Dad spoke highly of you, builder man that he is, he worked with you.
If it wasn't for you guys/gals parts of this country would not be the way it is, so if they don't want you,
we'll happily take you.

Your 'leaders' have great income, I've read that on ats (thank you x), they don't do it for free.
They have great responsibility to get it right, or they may not get another chance, you guys are tough man, I would respectfully decline any and all confrontation if it was me....but that's just me.
Do you have enough food, clothing, and a roof over your head and family around you (in the mean time I mean) before you can get here?

If you do.......
Oh................
um......I'm sorry............now I feel bad.......I'm so sorry.........
In our house, mine and my god (husband
) the most needy come first, actually we usually say the most useless and helpless(youngest to oldest), can't really fend for one's self for ever, you know the ones

What is it you truly want that you don't already have? why are you more important that those who have none of those things?
Choose to see everything for what it is, then fix what you don't like, and add to the things you love, your allowed to you know, always.
My truth
It's cloudy here today..
:
edit on 22-5-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: sorry mods, couldn't find a "Newest and best civilisation" category for forward thinkers..move as will ta x

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
To bring in the tourists....almost got me.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh...by the way That 'article' had NOTHING to do with health and job satisfaction, but again that's just me....
weird world we have all been making.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
To bring in the tourists....almost got me.

Dead set! is that all you got?
"dv dv dv dv dv" (the sound of Amanda being shot down, [she slips gracefully to the floor], thanks man )

always grateful even in the face of sheer dumbness x

edit on 22-5-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I live in Australia and its not the happiest country in the world. They are saying this to bring in the tourists. Only last year there was a report on the record number of people leaving Australia.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Dear AussieAmandaC,

In keeping with the tone set by your OP, consider the beer. Aussies drink lots of beer, does not that help you to be happy? I support your drinking beer and being happy (though I really only drink wine). As for the article, they are always busy telling us how happy we are, some of us might even believe it. The truth is the nobody is satisfied with the world as it is and we shouldn't be. We are all tired of being overly controlled. Best wishes to you and your country, it is no better here in the United States. Same garbage, different smell. Peace.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sam87

Hell, having some people leave the country would be enough to make me happier about where I live.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Woa there! Lay off the coffee!

The statistics are very interesting.
Quote from source:

Australia is set to grow at 3.1 per cent this year, with the US growing at 2.4 per cent, Britain 0.5 per cent and Italy and Greece sliding further into recession.

When the GFC hit, Australia didn't really feel the effect that strong. The RBA rose interest rates for a bit, but we still managed to get through it virtually unscathed. Homeowners had it rough-ish, but still got through.
The only issue I see at the moment are certain job sectors (banking, automotive construction etc) closing down. I know more and more jobs are becoming available in W.A. within the mining industry but, ah well, we shall see!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
*looks around for the $$ falling from the sky

Whateva ---> still broke as she watches her government spend million upon millions on useless crap

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's possible we are the happiest country RIGHT NOW... but that's only because we are feeling this economic crisis much less than a lot of other countries. We are still a prime part of the Westernized big brother propagandized corporate controlled inner circle. There are MANY other countries which enjoy a HUGE degree of freedoms compared to what we have.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Economic crisis, try being divorced paying maintaince, My whole life the Child Support Agency has made an economic crisis. People say "oh go work in the mining industry" my reply what for the more you earn the less you get. At the end of the day you would be lucky to take home $700 in the hand. Wait till the carbon tax hits, we are all screwed.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They did not mention that fact that people are preparing for the carbon tax and this will strip any spare cash out of an already busted economy

Liars they are, all of them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It seems Australians don't agree with that statement. I wonder why?

Voting results

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I lolled when this was in the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum.

But I never got surveyed on this. It must be those Eastern Staters again, telling porkies to the world. Or those guys living in peppermint grove.

I hate those guys...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
We also have the worlds best treasurer and a govt that
has the full support of the people
( end sarcasm )

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear AussieAmandaC,

In keeping with the tone set by your OP, consider the beer. Aussies drink lots of beer, does not that help you to be happy? I support your drinking beer and being happy (though I really only drink wine). As for the article, they are always busy telling us how happy we are, some of us might even believe it. The truth is the nobody is satisfied with the world as it is and we shouldn't be. We are all tired of being overly controlled. Best wishes to you and your country, it is no better here in the United States. Same garbage, different smell. Peace.

In keeping with the tone of your response...
Same garbage different smell?!?! No it's not. Have you been here? Have you seen how we live?
Well shut your mouth then and don't comment on my country unless you know.
It is just as dynamic and beautiful as yours, ungrateful person, can you see it?

Beer is for boys
but yes, some of the blokes drink a lot of, one of the oldest alcoholic beverages on the planet
They get sloppy, they get smart, they get rough, they get dumb, they get sexy, there are extremes every where, it's brilliant

No you are not satisfied, if you are you should be ashamed, if you're not, perfect, there's still hope, but you are FAR too blaze' for me.

I love America, did you know that? Perhaps I should have hated it like every one else, but that is not me.
Your film got me first, like every one, then your history, ( not that I know any detail in particular, but history is history right? and what I've read was very interesting to be sure) and wow, you guys have been through some tough stuff and some amazing stuff, collectively, Indians Black, Whites in betweenies

Truly a beautiful and dynamic country regardless of bad press, smart/dumb people can filter garbage too.
Your movies now though....I dunno any more, bring on the next Avatar for sure, please.

On the another hand entirely, I saw an episode on SBS about Chicago, and a 'suburb' (6 blocks or so) that was killing each other with guns at a rate of 120 odd in just three months.
Do YOU know this suburb?
That's 120 odd TOO MANY! Isn't it? By my book it is, way too many.
Black people are still killing each other, because they hate other blacks, huh!?
What for? So the rest of you can laugh and go, idiots, at least it's not us.

So the whites killed some (a lot) Indians, Indians kill whites( can someone tell me how many?), whites dominated and killed blacks(another unknown number), blacks rebelled and kill (a couple of whites) and now the blacks are killing each other? [remember this sentence friend, more on this in a minute.]
wtf?!?!
Am I the ONLY person who thinks......I have no freakin idea what to think, quite frankly....

and YOU have the hide to mention alcohol consumption to me?!?! That was quite rude sir. I quite like Russian Vodca with my tea, but perhaps that one would be too grown up for you, I don;t know.
Actually when I was little Fosters was okay....for a beer.

Anyway back to this suburb, perhaps you have heard of it? You sound like you haven't.
anyhow,
then there's this lady, who goes out on the street and sends the kids home with an older sister mentality, and they shuffle off, this 10 year old and his mentally disabled companion of 20 something, damaged from violence.

She is policing her streets herself, no gun, no gun jacket, no weapon except her own smarts and ability to talk and listen, in equal measures, because she's had enough, and clearly the rest of Chicago doesn't give a sheite, does it?, she puts the entire city of Chicago to shame with her bravery, all men and all women, children are excused from this situation entirely.
And to think!........... this was ONE city in the USA that stood out for me because they're creating 'green' walls of vegetation and reducing the city sky scrapers bills for power by reducing carbon foot print.
dumb/smart = balance? Yeah right, not enough ole chap, not in my book.

Oh and you missed the point of the op entirely, have another go if you dare...
x always friend
Oh and to have another go, you will have to find those figures for me, because I am a lazy drunken Aussie who does nothing, or maybe you are the lazy drunken ?????? who does nothing?

Don't comment unless you have the numbers, I will ignore you....x

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam87
I live in Australia and its not the happiest country in the world. They are saying this to bring in the tourists. Only last year there was a report on the record number of people leaving Australia.

Someone starred you for lack of information/intelligence (links), I don;t think it was a friend, but that's just me x

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by sam87

Hell, having some people leave the country would be enough to make me happier about where I live.

Heavens! I hope you get to leave then too (sounds like you could do to get out a bit), and take your family with you, when those others you have chosen to go, go
cheers big ears, (takes a sip from said Vodca, burps and blows a kiss) ffffffff x

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi

Woa there! Lay off the coffee!

The statistics are very interesting.
Quote from source:

Australia is set to grow at 3.1 per cent this year, with the US growing at 2.4 per cent, Britain 0.5 per cent and Italy and Greece sliding further into recession.

Statistics, that's got to be ONE of my favourite words, but that one = Create fear/hell, create paradise/heaven, create confusion/clarity, sounds all the same to me, I'm bored (yawns delicately).
When the GFC hit, Australia didn't really feel the effect that strong. The RBA rose interest rates for a bit, but we still managed to get through it virtually unscathed. Homeowners had it rough-ish, but still got through.
The only issue I see at the moment are certain job sectors (banking, automotive construction etc) closing down. I know more and more jobs are becoming available in W.A. within the mining industry but, ah well, we shall see!

Coffee? Another assumption from one of our brightest, thanks man x
Unscathed...hmmm, who escapes unscathed? Please tell me because I don;t know anyone who fits that bill. NO ONE
Man, I have to ask, do you actually know what kind of site your on?

bubbles...now, don;t get distracted man, pay attention please.

You mean...our entire perceived back bone(banking/money, automotive/cars, construction/homes - I added those alternatives for the idiots among us, oh their there/there their), shut down....geez that's too bad, no really! That's truly terrible, first vegimite, then the world?!
Goodness that pinky and the brain character has a weird sense of humour, who says that's the end? I don't/I do. End of one thing start of another, (Yee Haa! (Oh, that reminds me......remind me to tell you something about Texas) this is what we tried to believe when they stole our vegimite, I hope they love the stuff as we do, truly love, most hate it though.

Home owners you say? I wouldn't know, I chose family over a patch of dirt I'm constantly being told I don't belong to and can never afford and if I can by the skin of my teeth, get my very cute a55 (snort! s'n-word'!) into a house for me and the brood, I might not get to keep it,
Get stuffed!
Who chooses to slog 30 years for something they can walk into and take when ever they want? Who would want to do that? If I own nothing what can they take?
I own my words only, that's why I have a mouth.
I am way way richer than you by the sounds of things. Just thought I throw my own assumptions about too...

Well...."think free", do you? ...........think free............?! man! Get with the program for Gods sake!

Yes figures are fabulous things, but why don;t people take notice of them? They don't love maths for sure. Ahhh, it's okay 'someone' is looking at them, I guarantee it, if it's not you, then don't comment, cause you have no idea.
If you do take notice of these types figures perhaps you can help the other 'free thinker' with his figures too. I forget his/her name.....perkipsy (quirky cute sound)

This unfortunately is not the purpose of the original op either.
aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! (sound of really annoying game show buzzer ;/)

try or don't it's always been your choice, thanks for coming though, really, I appreciate it.
have another x for free

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

'Where have all the smart one's gone, long time ago'....(catchy little tune accompanies)

edit on 23-5-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
LOLs at the whinging Aussies..

You do not know how lucky you are!!.. I have been to Australia many times and cried because I had to come back here..

Everything is just soo well done in Oz..

I would live there tomorrow if I could..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join