It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an unseen planet skirting edge of our solar system?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
As much as I would love to stick this news item under a Planet X forum....I'll play it conservatively for now and put it here under: "Space Exploration" (and cover-ups)

But here's the thing now...they are even mentioning the word 'Planet X' in these stories and this is MSNBC!

On the other hand, many astronomers spent much of the 1900s searching for an extra planet, dubbed Planet X, beyond the orbit of Neptune, because they believed there were anomalies in the orbits of Neptune and the other gas giants. "But it turned out that anomaly in Neptune's orbit was the result of bad observation," Levison said. The search for Planet X was called off (though some conspiracy theorists believe this was a cover up of the planet Nibiru, which they say is on a collision course for Earth.)

So it doesn't matter what they want to name this, categorize it as, under play it or over simplify it... this body, what ever it is, is exactly what has been talked about for the past 30 years from Sitchen, Lieder, Hazelwood and dozens of others and it's Nibiru.

Notice how the MSM are constantly writing about this now so we get used to it? And the funny part is, no one is even reacting to this news. They make it sound SO far away that it's almost in another time-line and people are not even bothering to consider it's implications.

Well my friends, it is not that far away nor do they NOT know what this is. This is real and it IS Planet X.
Like it or leave it but there's no more denying it.

Now the question is, is it inhabited?

5/22/2012
1:57:43 PM ET

A planet four times the size of Earth may be skirting the edges of the solar system beyond Pluto, according to new research. Too distant to be easily spotted by Earth-based telescopes, the unseen planet could be gravitationally tugging on small icy objects past Neptune, helping explain the mystery of those objects' peculiar orbits.

The claim comes from Rodney Gomes, a noted astronomer at the National Observatory of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro. Gomes presented his recently completed computer models suggesting the existence of the distant planet at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Timberline Lodge, Ore., earlier this month.

Astronomers who attended the talk find Gomes' arguments compelling, but they say much more evidence is needed before the hypothetical planet can be crowned as real.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 22-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Believe it or not they have already discovered this planetary body all the way back in 1983 with the IRAS.

Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
planet-x.150m.com...

By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth
that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation
Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a
nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star,

Enjoy!
edit on Wed May 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the link...nice catch!

I am on the side that believes there is something out there beyond Pluto the Imposter...cant wait to find out!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have to laugh because every time I would post this piece from CNN the debunkers would DEMAND proof that it was indeed: from CNN.
I mean WTH?

So now that MSNBC has come out and is now discussing EXACTLY what this piece from CNN discussed, maybe the integrity of this CNN piece will redeem itself within the debunker camp!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I believe there is one out there and that explains some of the comets orbits but wether it's the famed Nibiru or not I just don't know. If my memory serves me well then according to Sitchens book the 12th planet, it will be making it's way through the inner solar system around 2060. Doubt I wi be around to see it but maybe we will know for sure by then.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
Believe it or not they have already discovered this planetary body all the way back in 1983 with the IRAS.

You're absolute correct but because it was so long ago it almost made debunking a spectator sport! It's easy to debunk dead people.

So now that it's getting resurrected, it's time to whip out the Dr Harrington reports and ALL the other reports and postulations from COUNTLESS other people who have been talking about PLANET X aka Nibiru for decades now.

And if some of you feel better by calling this Tyche.....knock yourself out. Doesn't change a thing except your own concept.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
This is real and it IS Planet X.

Actually its just the result of computer models, not an actual sighting, and (just so you know) its already been done to death in at least two other threads here.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

this body, what ever it is, is exactly what has been talked about for the past 30 years from Sitchen, Lieder, Hazelwood and dozens of others and it's Nibiru.

Be specific and tell us exactly which body.

How exactly is it exactly what has been said by Sitchin to be nibiru?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Possibly as Large as Jupiter;

The size of Jupiter? (***gulp*** )

edit on 22-5-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Planet X could also be dubbed as a huge asteroid which would collide with Earth causing the end of days for human kind. Another clever way of the media covering up an impact with Earth calling it a planet which is orbiting our solar system. So who knows?!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Actually its just the result of computer models, not an actual sighting, and (just so you know) its already been done to death in at least two other threads here.

Who said anything about a sighting? Although I'm pretty certain between the Vatican's observatory (isn't that odd for 'spirit' to take up with 'science'? ) the WISE and Hubble, it's already been spotted.

Do you mean this articles' been done to death? Could you provide a link so we can close this then? I don't like having 'used' threads. Thanks

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Planet X could also be dubbed as a huge asteroid which would collide with Earth causing the end of days for human kind. Another clever way of the media covering up an impact with Earth calling it a planet which is orbiting our solar system. So who knows?!

Could be
(am giving thumbs up to you. Not your idea
)

I just always found the timing of the public announcement that "Betelgeuse could go super nova causing two suns in our sky" and "Tyche" to be a little too much for my cynical self.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
From what I can gather this huge planet is located in the Caldro zone just past the asteroid belt,if it collides with any of the violent rocks in the belt we will be facing a situation like being in a galatic pinball machine.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
so here we go again with planet nibiru,so much out there we don,t know and i,m waiting to know......just posts like this everyday and no prove whatsoever does my nut in.........seriously how many people out there want fact and are sick of hearing these stories for it just to be another fake over and over again? give me something that blows my mind.......not the same garbage we get day after day.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I just remembered sitting in class back in 2001ish, when I was still really huge into Astronomy and keeping up to date, we were in the computer lab and I had finished my project and was online reading an article about "a newly discovered planet" and that they were calling it Planet X and how it was behind Pluto and effecting the orbit of it & Neptune. They had noticed a gradual change in their orbit and had been observing it for quite some time.
Little did I know back then that this Planet X could be something more then just an uninhabited planet.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Who said anything about a sighting? Although I'm pretty certain between the Vatican's observatory (isn't that odd for 'spirit' to take up with 'science'? ) the WISE and Hubble, it's already been spotted.

Do you mean this articles' been done to death? Could you provide a link so we can close this then? I don't like having 'used' threads. Thanks

Here are the other threads:

Started May 14th: www.abovetopsecret.com... it's 10 pages long.

Started May 14th: www.abovetopsecret.com... it's 2 pages long.

Started May 21st: www.abovetopsecret.com... it's only 1 page long.

Started May 22nd: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Every single one of these threads has to do with this news about Rodney Gomes theory. (apparently people don't search first, hehehe).

Keep in mind what Rodney Gomes has done is presented computer models that might suggest that there is a planet sized object that might be affect the orbits of some of the kuiper belt objects out there.

However, right now it's just a theory. There is no direct evidence at this time (note I said "at this time"), to support his theory, or that there is indeed something influencing the kuiper belt objects. So coming out with a unsupporting statement that there is indeed a large planet out there, is just speculation at this time. Not fact.

Deducing if there is indeed something out there will take time. A LOT of time, because kuiper belt objects are so far out, they move very, very slowly (their orbital periods are measured in centuries). So it will take many observations over a very long period of time to confirm that something is influencing their orbits.

So don't break out the drinks just yet. Even if WISE saw something, it can take a while to find it in the data, all simply because even if this object were 4 times the size of earth, the distance we are talking about is so great, that 6 months of movement is almost microscopic compared to it's orbital period.

All Gomes did was present a computer model with some theories. Not actual evidence that said planet exists.
edit on 22-5-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Ah, you are a bit out of date with that information from 29 years ago. While it was a good article, you should have followed up your post of it with correct information (BTW - if you read the full article, that distance of 50 trillion miles was incorrect, at they meant 50 billion miles).

Turns out that they were incorrect about this body:

The observatory made headlines briefly with the announcement on December 10, 1983 of the discovery of an "unknown object" at first described as "possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system."[4] However, further analysis revealed that, of several unidentified objects, nine were distant galaxies and the tenth was "intergalactic cirrus".[5] None were found to be Solar System bodies.[5][6][7]

IRAS

Since the IRAS, there have been several IR observational satellites placed in orbit. None so far have found a Planet X out there yet (all though WISE data is still being looked through). Here's each of them in order after IRAS:

ISO 1995

Spitzer Space Telescope 2003

Akari 2006

WISE 2009

Keep in mind, even if there was something the size of Jupiter out there, at that far out, it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack. Many people in these threads have postulated that if it does exist, it may have been a rogue planet captured by the sun's gravity. If that's the case, it's quite possible that it's orbit is highly inclined.
So searches for it would not be just on the solar system's orbital plane, but more of a spherical ball that has to be searched. That is a LOT of sky that it could be in. At those distances, it would be way too faint to be illuminated greatly by the sun (by the time you get to Pluto, the sun looks like a bright star, not the huge disk we see in the sky), and the orbital periods are so long, that each section of sky would have to be photographed once, then again way down the road and compared.

That's how Pluto was found eventually. The search for 9th planet had started back in 1840, and was not found until 1930 (and it turned out to not be what they were looking for, hehehe). So that was 90 years of searching!

Pluto Discovery

I like the idea of a dark companion to the sun or a new planet. But I doubt seriously that it's Niburu (as I don't believe in the existance of planets that defy the laws of physics an perform not only breaking manuvers, but some how exceed the speed of light, and can cloak themselves.... even Star Trek never went that far!
)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
maybe not Nibiru
Newbiru anyone?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Source An excerpt from Wikipedia (see article for full details)

The Pioneer anomaly or Pioneer effect is the observed deviation from predicted accelerations of the Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11 spacecraft after they passed about 20 astronomical units (3×109 km; 2×109 mi) on their trajectories out of the Solar System.

Both Pioneer spacecraft are escaping the Solar System, but are slowing under the influence of the Sun's gravity. Upon very close examination of navigational data, the spacecraft were found to be slowing slightly more than expected.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower
Source An excerpt from Wikipedia (see article for full details)
The Pioneer anomaly or Pioneer effect is the observed deviation from predicted accelerations...

Foul!
I'm crying foul at this one.

You've carefully quoted just enough of the article to have the casual reader of this thread pass by thinking there's a gravitational "anomaly" out in space, in a thread discussing Planet X and Nibiru and other rogue planets.
The casual reader will be mislead into thinking there is a connection between these two, because of the very careful selection of your quoting.

Now to be fair to your readers, how about you now quote the part where it says an unknown planet would possibly account for the anomaly.
Oh wait, thats right... there is NO SUCH PART !!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join