It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airways flight diverted because 'passenger was acting suspiciously'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

US Airways flight diverted because 'passenger was acting suspiciously'

news.yahoo.com

According to CNN, a French woman on board the flight handed a note to a flight attendant, claiming that she had a surgically implanted explosive inside of her. The woman was traveling alone, CNN said.

Two F-15 fighter jets were scrambled to intercept the flight over the Atlantic, NORAD said. The plane landed safely in Bangor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I couldn't imagine the horror the other passengers were in after seeing the two F-15's flying flank of the aircraft.

That must have been very scary, especially with parents that had children with them.

I wonder, also, what new threat this poses to us as air travelers in terms of new search tactics?

X-rayed, strip searched, skined and boned?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Looks like TSA didn't do their job.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Looks like TSA didn't do their job.

Just wait, this "incident" will be used as a catalyst for the TSA to now drag you off to the special room for a body cavity search guaranteed to tickle your prostate.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The flight originated overseas. TSA wasn't involved.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Maybe we should invade France as this woman was trying to blow up the plane. France probably has lots of terrorists...and good cheese.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Probably done to cause the TSA to have to deal with the thought of a new threat and create a bigger snafu. That's part of the game.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs

The flight could have originated on the Moon, destined for Orion for all the TSA cares. They will use anything and everything to expand their grope-lust.

First underwear bombs, then shoe bombs, now arse bombs.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

People are Paranoids in the 21st Century. At least Americans, I can't speak for the international situation.

We'll probably later find out that this passenger was maybe Age 10 and looking for attention. That sort of thing.

Here's one from my hometown:
www.northjersey.com...
Basically some guy drove up to the front of a school, rolled down his window and called a couple of kids over. They ran to their teachers who in turn called the police who in turn drew up a sketch of this "lurer" and put out a statewide all-points bulletin. Seems to me this guy was lost, heard people playing in the area, and stopped to ask for driving directions.

Years before this I was fired from my job because some joker said I was going to get a gun and shoot people.
Earlier, people at work were saying that I suffered from illiteracy. Know why? I told someone I had trouble reading. This was because of a eye problem involving ghosting or double vision. Trouble reading = Illiteracy. Brilliant.

People have brains up their asses these days, probably in part due to their addiction to cell phones which causes the reasoning centers of the brain to rot. The simple ability to Think is vanishing.

It's a police state and people don't even know it.

This isn't My America any longer.

edit on 22-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
CNN just interviewed someone who was on the plane about 5 rows in front of the woman. He said that about 10 mins before they landed in Maine, someone came on the loudspeaker and said they had to land to refuel because of headwind issues. No mention of the woman or a security threat. Once they landed, several law enforcement people came on the plane and whisked the woman out the back door. This was the first sign that most of the passengers saw that there was a "security issue".

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs

The flight could have originated on the Moon, destined for Orion for all the TSA cares. They will use anything and everything to expand their grope-lust.

First underwear bombs, then shoe bombs, now arse bombs.

I was referring to the poster that said TSA didn't do their jobs. I'm not a TSA-defender by any stretch, but this one doesn't fall on them (if there is, in fact, something inside that woman).

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I can see Big Sis ordering a bunch of these to be next to the body scanners.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

She should have told the man she had her radiation shower from TSA before getting on the plane and they would have found an explosive if there was one!! Nothing like the TSA inspecting bones inside you prior to flying!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

I wasn't implying you were defending them

Although I DO believe that the TSA will use any excuse they can to "expand their reach" - hence my previous allusion to arse probing.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
truly bloody amazing ... starting to think there is no limit to how low american paranoia and idiocy will go ...

they should quarantine the country to prevent further damage to the rest of the world ...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why all the USA hatred again???

Nutty French woman and nothing to do with TSA or paranoid Americans...

stepoff people....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

U.S Airways, U.S. flight personnel, etc.
U.S. Mentality.

Hey, I've been Screwed Over by My fellow Americans out of plain Ignorance and Paranoia on their part. It has gotten exponentially worse in recent years with outright slander and attacks everywhere. I can't even walk to the end of my own road (which my grandparents incidentally put in over half a century ago) without the new yuppie neighbors (who live in McMansions) cell phoning one another "There's a Strange man approaching..."
I'd might as well be in a prison the way things are going.
It wasn't always this way. It is now.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

That has nothing to do with the crazy french women saying she has a bomb sewn inside her......the crew never even called attention to her to the other passengers......always ready to blame the US for everyone elses's actions....enough already!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

funny.blame it on the tsa that had nothing to do with it.Sounds more like the woman was just crazy and needs some mental help.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
WOW, talk about being MISINFORMED!

She never said that she had an 'explosive' implanted. She said that she had a surgically implanted DEVICE.

Could have been a pacemaker etc. She might have mentioned it because she was unsure about any risks in flight, but it was also mentioned that she was mentally unstable, though I've heard that argument touted quickly before in these sort of situations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join