It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A voice called out my name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This happend to me a few weeks ago. In the middle of the night, I awoke all of a sudden, and suddenly there was a complete silence, then I felt a heavy breath/force enter my mouth, and it suffocated me momentarily, then all of a sudden I heard a voice whisper out my name, slowly, firmly and as if it knew me. It was all over and I fell back to sleep right away. This has never happend to me before.

I know this was definitely not a dream, but I don't exactly know what it was, I have some ideas of what it was, but no certainity. Does anyone know what this was, or have experienced the same?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I used to experience something sort of like that when I was a child. But I wasn't asleep when it happened. See my mom told me I was always talking to someone while I was little and I remember someone reading the bible to me (my mom swears it was not her) also very strange dreams not normal nightmares six year olds have no one around me was familiar nor was I a child in the dream, and no I couldn't tell who I was or what I looked like only that I spoke jumbled words in a circle of others in brown cloaks. I figure I most have gotten the idea off of tv, but this dream still haunts me from time to time. And many times I've heard my name called just apon waking from a dream, but it may have been what was getting ready to be said in my subconcious and it just happend to be the last thing I remember.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What you folks experienced sounds similar to Night Terrors, or Hypnogogic trance, but it may not be.

A thought I had on the matter, the force entering your mouth kind of forcefully, could be your own spirit coming back into your body after a kind of sleep state OBE. Or a malicious force trying to enter you and a spiritual being called your name to protect you or warn you?

Does that seem kind of what you had thought?

-ADHDsux4me

P.S. Indigo Child, did you happen to get a chance to become part of the yahoogroup for Indigo Children yet? If you want to I can provide a link to you.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I agree it is nothing but night terrors.
I dream of future events and its only ...my problem solving skills that never stop...try not to be so spiritual you may be fooled if you escape logic.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Are you being called into spiritual warfare? If so, I'd recommend making sure you're on the right side.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Like I said the dream must have come from ideas from tv. But they didn't really scare me at the time, although when I have them every now and then they kind of frighten me.

As for the bible reading I'm not sure it wasnt in my head as well. I do not remember having an imaginary friend. But hey I've commited to much sin to be worth any good doing now a days.
Still I am not evil
tee-hee

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have had that happen to me several times in my life, since I was a child. But here is the kicker, it has happened to me when I was awake a few times. Very audible voice. Has happened to a couple of people I know as well. I didn't say anything to anyone because frankly I was thinking well, I am finally ready to commit myself, but I went shopping with someone I knew and she all of a sudden stopped what she was doing and looked around. She heard a man say her name. I believed her, because of the look on her face and the experiences that I have had. I have actually heard a man whisper my name very clearly in my ear. I still might be a little looney though, but who isn't?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Those sins can be forgiven misty, that was the purpose of Jesus' death. All you have to do is ask. God is listening.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
mistyrain316:

I also had some weird experieces as a child, some which I recall, and some which I don't and have been told about.

When I was only 2-3, I told my mom "I want to go to space" when none in the family even knew anything about space, let alone ever talked about it. At the age of 5, I had an uncanningly real experience, where I went over to a friends house backyard and saw a massive spacechip loom over me, and then there was a long pause, as I looked at it and gaped. Fade to black. I woke up in my bedroom. To date, I still cannot determine if it was a dream or real. If it a dream, why do I remember it so vividly to date?

When I was in junior school, I believed I could affect the the intensity of a rain fall though my thoughts. It is hard to say if I succeeded, but I do remember it worked(I can actually see my younger self now, sitting at the doorstep, and willing the rain to obey) Thereafter, I developed a strong interest in science, science fiction and would gravitate to concepts like meditation and quantum physics. I wanted to learn, but my mom stopped me(superstitious) As of recently, I have been developing my psychic abilities and meditating, which has brought about many extrordinary experieces, of which the voice, is just one.

ADHDsux4me: I did not think of it as my soul entering, that is an interesting thought. I do not think it was however, because I was fully awake at the time, I even brushed against the family dog lying right besides me. I am definite of that.

My thought is that it was a spirit, but I do not think a malicious one, there was absolutely no harm caused to me during or after the event. It ended in a few seconds. All it wanted to say was my name.

My thought is, it was my spirit guide. I had been trying to contact my spirit guide for weeks, frankly I was skeptical that such a thing existed. A friend that is a medium, would regularly tell me the guide is with me and is giving me messages. I also tried meditations to contact the guide. Although not certain, I think it could have been my spirit guide making me aware of it's presence.

In fact, this was not the first time I had experienced what could be my spirit guide. The first time was with my medium friend, who showed me an exercise to stand up straight, close my eyes, breath slowly, and call on my guides to come close to me. I did(I felt silly) then my friend told me to ask the guide to push me, forwards or backwards. I did, and all of a sudden, I was automatically(there was no push) falling in the direction(I even resisted, but was powerless) I specified, in addition to this I saw two brilliant flashes of light, seconds apart(eyes closed)
I must admit - the experience freaked me out. Later, I started having doubts about the experience and was rationalizing it, I felt it was inconclusive, because I could have fell backwards and forwards due to not fully in control of my balance, an effect that was achieved by the eyes being closed, the standing and the breathing, and the the falling itself was only because of the suggestion. What I could not explain were the two flashes of light.

Thank for asking me about the yahoo group. I would love to join. Please do post or U2U me the link.

Godsent: I definitely believe you. You are not a loony. In fact, sometimes, and on rare occasions, I can hear music in my mind. The first time this happened to me, I searched high and low for the source

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Indigo,
I just tried that exercise and I too rocked back and forth my mother tried and she kinda did circles. I'm not sure if it's just a point of center or kinda like the arm floating trick
The arm floating trick goes like this if you don't know what I am talking about.... You stand in a doorway with arms to your sides (your hands are just hanging normally) then you press your hands against the door frames (they are still hanging normally palms toward body) press firmly for twenty or so seconds then step away from the door your arms will raise on their own.
So next time just try closing your eyes and don't ask for your guide and see if it's the same as before.
But really there may be something to it after all........

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
hypnogogic--pompic hallucinations are natural. Sleep stages and awareness of them--there are many levels here. I used to hear my name alot...try this...Before sleep, clear your mind, and just breathe, you will hear the weirdest stuff. It is absolutely normal....

sleep paralysis and hallucinations can be fun...Many people think these are demon attacks or alien abductions --I was one of them--until I saw a doctor...I felt maybe they were seizures..you can actually see things..you manifest them..noone is there ...you think that you are awake, but you are asleep

we have discussed this on ATS ALOT...

I like to play with this alternate awareness state ....It can be quite interesting

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
hypnogogic--pompic hallucinations are natural. Sleep stages and awareness of them--there are many levels here. I used to hear my name alot...try this...Before sleep, clear your mind, and just breathe, you will hear the weirdest stuff. It is absolutely normal....

sleep paralysis and hallucinations can be fun...Many people think these are demon attacks or alien abductions --I was one of them--until I saw a doctor...I felt maybe they were seizures..you can actually see things..you manifest them..noone is there ...you think that you are awake, but you are asleep

we have discussed this on ATS ALOT...

I like to play with this alternate awareness state ....It can be quite interesting

Self-manifestation? That is one possible explanation. However, given the what happend, I would rule it out. Sleep, and hynoptic trance states themselves do not explain voices, visions, or astral projections or even dreams, they merely label them. The imagination/dreams itself does not manifest reality - it accesses realities. All realities already exist.

The thoughts/visions/sounds that we receive in waking consciousness, could be our own subconscious thoughts, or external thoughts from non-local spacetime. For instance: A person who starts reciting the bible verbatim, before even reading it or hearing it, is accessing an external thought(not his)

Waking consciousness itself, is only one level of consciousness of many, so it would be incorrect to call it "reality". I know many hypnotherapists who often concede to me the same beliefs of non-locality.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I agree Indigo...I believe this is near access point--I have been able to astral project several times..The doorway is at the crucial moment of wakefulness and sleep....

No Im not sure if these are hallucinations--the voices and noise--...I can "tune into" them and listen, though most dont seem to make much sense...conversations and my name being called and language that is familiar yet not understandable to me. But I am still at this point pretty aware of my surroundings, just tuned out to them and tuned into the "noise".

Then after this stage, as I fall asleep I can get into the deeper alternate awareness state, or different dimensions state or AP or whatever you want to call it. But I can maintain that "noise" for a while. This has taken much practice and meditation to not get sidetracked or distracted..You must clear the mind completely to hold onto to this "noise". You cant focus on one particular sound or voice because then you are thinking and then its gone....pooof!.

Ive experienceda s similar suffocating occurance..I thought it was during SP....at least I hope it was...Not everything has a defined answer..I dont believe in all black and white myself...
Kris

Oh as far as music...Yes I can hear this sometimes also!...I think maybe we are just "in tune" man

[edit on 3-10-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Text Blue INDIGO-

I Can't tell u how exciting it is to see "us" claim our Lemurian lineage!!!

I must ask u if there was any notice taken to what the time was. (I am referring to synchronicity and dna activation codes). Check it out- if it wasn't a "wake-up" reminder, I believe that it is someone(thing) with a message. We as lightworkers specialize in these sorts of things. I'll bet u already know what the answer is...just listen.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I had an experience like this.

I think I was around 10 or 11. I was in the sideyard of my house with my brother, doing I dont remember what. All of a sudden I heard a voice in my head say "zach" (my name). My brother heard it as well. I asked if he said it, he asked the same. Neither of us said it but we knew that before we had asked...it was a feminine voice. I said I heard it in my head because it very strongly seemed that way, and my brother also felt it was in his head.

I guess this is the calling shamanism refers to. I contribute my interest in the paranormal to this one event.

top topics

join