It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sworn to lie?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183)

But it's okay, they put a Bible on the altar.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Do you never tire of posting half-truths and outright lies? This is yet another anti-Masonic put-up job. Masons are SPECIFICALLY sworn to uphold the laws of whatever country they are resident in. All the laws. Period!

This sort of repetitive tripe is really growing tiresome and makes me wonder what pleasure you derive from reposting lies?

Fitz

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
>Lie, subvert, protect other sub-human scumbags

SOMEHOW equals

>Free of sin

Illuminati/TPTB logic at work folks! SMRT!

LOL!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Do you never tire of posting half-truths and outright lies? This is yet another anti-Masonic put-up job. Masons are SPECIFICALLY sworn to uphold the laws of whatever country they are resident in. All the laws. Period!

This sort of repetitive tripe is really growing tiresome and makes me wonder what pleasure you derive from reposting lies?

Fitz

This is true, to my understanding.
Also, the OP could easily have done a search and found more elaborate and thought out threads, on this exact subject.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well I know I have never taken an oath like that posted above,(conceal crimes) and I can bet my last dollar that George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Sam Houston, Theodore Roosevelt, Charles Lindbergh, Will Rogers, Douglas MacArthur, Buzz Aldrin or John Wayne just to name a few had not either.
edit on 22/5/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Mason here, hell if it were my best lifelong buddy in question I'd even conceal murder and treason for him, he'd do the same for me too I'm sure.
I trust him that he'd never do anything wrong.
I hope everyone has a friend this good.
Good thing we're good folk ehh?
Murder is a broad stroke word to me, some folks need to be "murdered" I'm not giving names but...
And treason, George Washington along with all of his cohorts were traitors at one point before they were called patriots.
It's all in the canvas and who is painting it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Nice try, but to lie would be a grievous Masonic crime.

reply to post by Ashertron

Nowhere in Masonry does it say to lie or subvert. In fact, it says that opposite.

Do you anti-Masons ever tire of being wrong?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that this is sourced from a masonic handbook.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Do you have said book in hand ? Or are you sourcing a source off the internet ?

ETA: Just downloaded a copy , can not find the OPs passage on said page as OP posted . I will read it in it's entirety today and look for it .
edit on 22-5-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That is not a Masonic handbook. Ronayne was a leader in the Anti-Masonic Party, and wrote several books of pure B.S., including this one.

Quite obviously, the stuff he wrote is of no importance to Masons.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I've got a lot of Masonic handbooks, and that isn't in any of them. I've taken a lot of obligations, and that wasn't in any of them.

I have to agree with g though. Even before I was a Mason, I hold loyalty and love above civil law. If I have a good buddy or family member that is a very evil person, then I will attempt to reform that person or possibly even take my own steps to make sure they can't harm anyone, but I would never turn them over to the police. If I have a good buddy or family member that gets into a gray area where they may or may not be guilty of a civil crime, but I am certain they did not do anything morally wrong, then I would do whatever it takes to keep them out of the reach of the law.

Those things would violate my Masonic obligations and civil obedience, but I'm being honest here, and my own notion of right and wrong, trumps any obligation or civil law, and I'm willing to pay whatever consequences that creates. There are a handful of people in my life that I would help bury a body if it came down to that, and it has nothing to do with Masonry.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I found page 183 in Ronayne's Handbook of Freemasonry:

So... wow..

This is awkward.

How do I say this.....

This thread appears to be a hoax.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I do like that. If the candidate gets long winded with his inaudible prayer, the SD can end it for him.

But wait,.......that's not at all what this thread is about.

Don't say it's another one of many anti-masonic lies?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

So... wow..

This is awkward.

How do I say this.....

I've never been to a lodge where the masonic altar faces south. I'm curious about the validity of this book.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183)

But it's okay, they put a Bible on the altar.

What do you care any way? Honestly, if a man chooses to swear an obligation over the holy book of his chosen religion, what business is it of yours? My oathes to my brothers are very personal, and very important to the way we choose to live our lives. What our obligations are, or what they say in the ritual is none of your damn business.

If your looking for answers to questions you have about masonry, you'd get a lot more helpful responses from actual Masons, if you showed a slight degree of respect to our beliefs. But since you can't do that, most basic of things, I call you a troll. Find some real sources, not the hand book written by a self proclaimed Anti Mason.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

So... wow..

This is awkward.

How do I say this.....

The quote is actually found in the book (page numbers vary with publication), but the rituals given in it are not legitimate Masonic rituals. Ronayne had been a Master Mason, but was expelled by the Grand Lodge of Illinois, and had an axe to grind. He joined the Anti-Masonic Party, and wrote a couple of Taxil-like books, including this one.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it curious that 1inOne last visited ATS May 15th and his serial Freemason-hating threads stopped, and then on May 19th ProtocolsOfLove starts posting serial Freemason-hating threads?

I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, but I don't think trolling cluster-bombs of threads is any way to investigate conspiracies.

It seems to follow this pattern:

- Member joins
- Member immediately begins replying to threads until they can start one
- Member posts one thread after another with sensationalized claims that have been debunked over and over
- Member flames for 1-2 pages and then accuses Freemasons of gang-posting and how unfair life is
- Member abandons thread that was started and immediately moves on to create another thread
- Member baits, argues, insults
- Member disappears
- A few days later a totally NEW account begins repeating the cycle with an amazing recall of previous threads that the new member could not have possibly read.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Yeah these tactics have reminded me of a couple chronic SS hit and run members.... Dign4it comes to the front of my mind.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Im pretty sure this is a load of cods wallop.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

W O W

Do you hold any kind of public office?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join