It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'll never be able to fully understand the American culture. Here is one of the reasons why...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
LoL

That's more worse than going to Mcdonalds, getting a big mac with large fries with diet pepsi

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I dont understand it either, where are the handicap ramps?!

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurker
I dont understand it either, where are the handicap ramps?!

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I dont understand it either, where are the handicap ramps?! Posted by Lurker

Actually that is a good question, they would be in violation of the ADA.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The sign to the right points you to the handicap access.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Good eye Proud

Missed it.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
hmm
Phun with Photoshop?

I've never seen an escalator outdoors before and 24 hour fitness here doesn't have one. We need one

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No photochop editing I can see. The suns reflection of the left guard is too perfect, not to mention it corelates with the overall lighting.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Maybe they have the escalators for those that want to save their calve workouts for the calf machines?

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How do you get rich:

Make your civilians lazy and fat with all that pre-made, low-vitamin, fat-expanding 'food'. Keep them lazy and fat with cars (+ are making money with gas). and then sell them your slimshakes and fitness-stuff....

For everything they create, they are abusing the negative consequences of it to make even more money.

Ed/

Maybe they have the escalators for those that want to save their calve workouts for the calf machines?

Oh come one....

Hmm, maybe those fitnessmachines are automatic, so you just have to sit there, with your legs on it, or lay your arms on it, and the machine is pushing/pulling them in the right directions

Hey, I REALLY GET TO FEEL MY BLOOD STREAMING

Why do you need to go to the gym?
Because your too f*cking lazy in your daily life.

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
That is one of the funniest pictures i have ever seen. I just cant stop laughing.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have NEVER seen an outdoor escalator....EVER, and it's likely due to the fact that just one rainstorm, and you're talkin' some major repair bills....

Funny pic though....

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is way to good to be a fake.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There are many outside escalators in DC for the subway.

This was probably a shopping mall and then turned mega Fitness place. It is a good pic though. USA does have an overweight problem.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
But I've travelled to almost every state in the Union, and well beyond... Strange that this one thing (an outside escalator) I haven't seen, hehe...

I'm still not quite accepting it (at least in this pic) though...seems like too much expense (for making it waterproof), for such a small staircase... I can understand it on a subway access tunnel (and then I'll bet it's canopied), but I still don't buy the pic...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Strange that this one thing (an outside escalator) I haven't seen, hehe...

here ya go G. This one is at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD.
DC's subway is very intresting....check it out sometime.

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Its either fake, or the escalator doesnt work at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
LOL Thats a funny picture, fake or not!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've been working professionally with Photoshop since the early 90's. And one of the most difficult tasks is lighting. merging different images with different lighting and shadows. To take an indoor metallic structure and merging it into an outdoor shot is very difficult, for you'll have to add light. I've been doing this alot with car imagery. There are several ways to do this, but in this case I can see no signs of manipulation in this image. It's either an extremely good fake or an original. My guess is that this is an original.

"If you reach for the stars, you might not get one, but you won't end up with a handful of nothing either" -- Leo Burnett

Blessings,
mikromarius

top topics

<<   2 >>

join