It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Founder Donates 2 million to Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This clip shows that PayPal cofounder donating millions to Ron Paul. They apparently did not air this on their show!

money.cnn.com...

Pretty wild stuff. Although, this isn't first time something like this is hush hush. Most top donors, like Banks and GE, who donate to Obama do not get mentioned in the media...

Unlike Bill Mahar, who donated 1 million to Obama.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
paypal founder huh? it's hardly surprising that he can afford it easily with all the people that used paypal that were ripped off.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Did they really ban that clip from 60 minutes? Bunch of lying bastards. They don't want the truth out.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
paypal founder huh? it's hardly surprising that he can afford it easily with all the people that used paypal that were ripped off.

Offtopic, BUT I've had good expereience with PP. If you flag someone and they don't respond to PayPal's email, you will get your money back within 14 days if you don't get your item.

Although, their Current Exchange is off big time. Still says US is worth more than CAN

link   
I'll buy something with Paypal to say thanks.

link   
I remember getting a letter about a class action lawsuit with paypal

don't they practice some illegal banking practices or hold your money super long or whatever?

Regardless... This says something about internet neutrality, obviously this guy has an agenda... (we all do its not a bad thing)

but I dont know this is pretty cool I think.... The fact that the internet does have a huge voice (and some lobbying power)

great find OP!

link   

edit on 21-5-2012 by DrNotforhire because: double post

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What was this man's name? I didn't see it given anywhere.

As an original founder (as stated), it's possible he no longer owns it (as Ebay bought PayPal a while back). So he might not have owned it after the company went dirty.

ETA: Judging by the name given in a following post to this thread, I looked it up. The man appears to no longer be associated with PayPal. He was just a founder. That makes me feel better. lol I'm not a fan of PayPal.
edit on 5/21/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well good for them if they did. However, they really should give back that money they owe our fellow ATS'er. I believe he made a thread about them freezing his funds and account

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The donor, Peter Thiel, gave the money to a PAC that supports Ron Paul, NOT directly to his campaign. Ebay now owns Paypal.

Link

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Does anybody have information on the donation date and air date of this segment?

Here's my second line, since its required

Nevermind on the donation dates, they were provided in the link above me.

This is waaaayyy off topic, but the article also disclosed the fact that Thiel was an 'angel investor' for Facebooks first round of financing. He invested $500,000 which is now worth $1.3 BILLION. Why cant I do something like that

edit on 21-5-2012 by phishfriar47 because: more info

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Try google for answers. Here is one link for you:

Link

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

OP I would like to make a suggestion. Perhaps you should edit your thread title to indicate that Mr. Thiel donated to a PAC that supports Dr. Paul and not directly to his campaign.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The Founder of Paypal is also in charge of a private Space company building rockets to replace the Space Shuttle. His company is SpaceX (www.spacex.com...). He has also done recent interviews on the Daily Show (gizmodo.com...)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky

The Founder of Paypal is also in charge of a private Space company building rockets to replace the Space Shuttle. His company is SpaceX (www.spacex.com...). He has also done recent interviews on the Daily Show (gizmodo.com...)

And this is the same guy that is donating millions to Ron Paul's campaign as we speak? Obviously this means Ron Paul is far from out, it seems like this is just the beginning of a new phase in his campaign. There's still months between now and the Convention, anything can happen.

*Patiently awaits the arrival of the anti-Paul bots.*

new topics

top topics

join