It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Is Dying, And Killing Michigan In The Process. Is Your City Next?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

I graduated from East Detroit , ( now East Pointe) and when I left 9 mile/Gratiot area 20 yrs ago, it was still a decent neighborhood, but now it's awful. The crime crept in, and people started leaving. People are just walking away from their homes and they end up abandoned/crack houses. The property values have dropped so much and with all the crime, it's not worth it to stay---it's not safe to stay. I'm glad I don't live near there anymore. I'm still in SE MI, but about 45 miles from the Detroit area.

Worsening shape (a conversation randomly) Wisconsin cheese. guy stuttering, I had a bag of chips but, (stuttering) I ate them. A major major stunning disappointment. The architectual beauty is not the same in the buildings but Detroit that old place needs to be bull dozed over "platinum" warranty.
edit on 18-4-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
How many of you Eastern Michiganers are voting for the status quo in November? It's going to take some bold actions at the very top in order for re-birth to occur in the dying cities of our nation.
We need someone brave enough with strong enough following to put a stop to the out-sourcing, stop the cheap importing, stop the foreign buyouts of our nations companies...to reinvest anything and everything here in this country.
This country was the producer of steel, excellent quality steel whose ore was mined here. From Duluth to Pittsburgh from the mine, to the transportation of ore, to the foundries, to the transportation of the finished product to the manufacturers and construction companies...steel was the backbone of industry.

So, we need the man of steel in DC. He's not the former Governor of Mass, nor the former Senator from Illinois, those are members of the Legion of Doom.

A coin it was once used to turn the screws on the rack and pinion steering. Now it is being used for bus fare because the people in Southeast michigan cannot afford gasoline to drive their automobiles.

Seriously mesmerizing to watch oh geez. Oh whew willikers. Barry Manilow. Wow I am looking up french words to describe how bad our country and its trust and faith in what it once was has fallen.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i have owned several shares of Detroit Edison Energy (NYSE: DTE)
the stock is not hurting as the city deteriorates...It does not make sense...

whats going on? are Federal Funds keeping the electric utility running even as millions steal power or do not pay

i seriously doubt the DTE subsidary that builds Fuel Cells based on cold-fusion technology is keeping the parent corporation afloat
edit on 18-4-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Computer "error" what the hell.Declined! The 2008 debacle is about to be the 2013 debacle.

Crysler proving grounds. Proving what that smoking lead in paint and asbestos can be dangerous?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Well at least they the Detroiters did not have to worry about the gulf oil spill and the clean up. Detroit has to worry, achoo "Dues Ex human revolution, the green latern using alien hybrid clones.

The Late great planet earth by Hal Lindsey. The great late Detroit, by Hal Lindsey that one is the sequel. This is wire to fish radio in robo cop voice in Thunderous silence. That speaks volumes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join