It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal Martial Law Bill 78 Passes - Backlash was Immediate; Massive Civil Disobedience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Like the other thread .. Mainstream Media IGNORES Iceland Revolution

Mainstream Media IGNORES Quebec Revolution
Arab revolutions were more important to the elite for their war agenda

Civil disobedience is the active, professed refusal to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, or of an occupying international power. Civil disobedience is commonly, though not always,[1][2] defined as being nonviolent resistance. It is one form of civil resistance. In one view (in India, known as ahimsa or satyagraha) it could be said that it is compassion in the form of respectful disagreement.

One of its earliest massive implementations was brought about by Egyptians against the British occupation in 1919 Revolution.[3] Civil disobedience is one of the many ways people have rebelled against what they deem to be unfair laws. It has been used in many nonviolent resistance movements in India (Gandhi's campaigns for independence from the British Empire), in Czechoslovakia's Velvet Revolution and in East Germany to oust their communist governments,[4][5] in South Africa in the fight against apartheid, in the American Civil Rights Movement, in the Singing Revolution to bring independence to the Baltic countries from the Soviet Union, recently with the 2003 Rose Revolution in Georgia and the 2004 Orange Revolution[6] in Ukraine, among other various movements worldwide.

Wiki

This revolution in Montreal really need to be picked up by the mainstream media
the tonights protests resulted in 300 arrestations the highest number yet
this is more then the G8 and Nato submit arrestation combined

Each night there is around 5000 to 10000 people taking the street
and also during the day .. but its during the night that things get ugly

Cant beleive many of you dont even know about it
the governement obviously censored the media so it doesnt bring to much attention

Like the Iceland revolution .. the mainstream media totaly ignores it
except for the local media

If there is an North American revolution like many predicted
americans will soon take exemple of the Montreal situation

Montreal protest declared illegal after Molotov cocktail

Those protests are declared illegal each night since the new law passed
the police just cant apply it .. they are overwhelmed
even the masks are illegal and yet no one listen to them anymore
especially not after this new martial law 78 passed

There is now rumors that a curfew will be imposed if the situation doesnt calm down
and the army will be called to protect the buildings if there is more propriety damage
edit on 5/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Anyone saw Arcade Fire on SNL with Mike Jagger ?
maybe you have noticed a red square on their shirt

The red squares means you support the students with the protest

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
With all the new martial law Bush and Obama have signed already
im surprise the situation in Montreal right now didnt happen in America yet

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Not until every single one of them is educated to Take care of each other, educated enough to know the fights they can win and when to sit down, How not to overreact and make the statute makers get a boner for them and sit up all night writing new statues and bills putting ever bigger shackles on them.
Not until it is possible to spot and remove the agent provocatuers among them, Could anything of any real value be brought about by their protesting.

Unless of course, something stirred up the national ants nest and everyone reacted together at the same time, this is the only way things will change, The Powers that were, must have sleepless nights worrying about an event that accidentally sparks a real attempt at a revolution.
Someone will use the situation to their advantage, someone with a malevolent streak and slightly higher than average IQ could instigate a civilian false flag, the finger pointing directly at government and it's corrupt state.

They say because these guys have no military training they are easy to control, they do not have the morale or the endurance to fight against troops and armed police, Under the right circumstances, the anger they could exhibit as a group would be enough, a mob with righteous indignance in their hearts would be something to be reckoned with.

I do not advocate violence, but, a government that uses violence freely to maintain discipline against a population will eventually be in danger from the same violence.
Violence begets Violence, Those guys know the government would use violence against them, if it goes off, they have nothing to lose, When people have nothing, and the government is doing all it can to remove what little they have left, What do they expect?.

The undercurrent of feeling in the western nations at the moment, is so Toxic, that if rioting broke out in one country and could be seen to be making progress, other countries would soon follow.
Anything that looks like massive civil disobedience will be met with an extreme reaction, it is as though after the London riots, and the way in which they went around the UK so quickly, in the back rooms all the old boys have had a chat and realised, it could go up very very quickly if not contained.
Extreme prejudice, Beat them until they want to crawl back into their hutches, and make it so painful, they never want to try it again, at least not for a few generations.

Good luck to those guys, the playing field has certainly been tilted further against them, Martial Law?, are they kidding?. in Canada? eh?, it is hard to believe.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

After the law passed the protest leaders said they
will make civil disobedience in the street from now on
they are thinking about applying it to all the protesters
either side will bow down ..

you though OWS protest would be wild ?
come to Canada in the province of Quebec
its none stop for the last 3 months
days and nights .. government got tired of seeing so many in the streets
that they imposed a police state law to remove the protester by forces

yesterday night .. 300 got arrested

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I always had the impression that OWS was instigated to give the disenfranchised a lesson in futility.
There are some lessons the government cannot give you whilst you are sat in front of your T.V.
With so many governments playing the game so close to the bone, it only takes a minor miscalculation for things to reach the tipping point.
The governments are only as strong as the most idiotic and weak decision maker, politicians are both weak and stupid, it is just a question of time.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
reply to post by Ben81

I always had the impression that OWS was instigated to give the disenfranchised a lesson in futility.
There are some lessons the government cannot give you whilst you are sat in front of your T.V.
With so many governments playing the game so close to the bone, it only takes a minor miscalculation for things to reach the tipping point.
The governments are only as strong as the most idiotic and weak decision maker, politicians are both weak and stupid, it is just a question of time.

The government here is greedy and the American government to
since 2000 .. both government changed for the worst and you know that
with all the wars and billions going for the middle east
wonder why our economy has been so devastated
so many job were lost .. it will never be the same like before
the situation has become unsustainable for everyone

the government has no more choice .. they have to change they policies
or their policies will doom them all at the end

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Needed to add :
Now Anonymous is part of the Quebec protest to

Its in French (see traduction below from google translate)

Press Release # opQuebec. Anonymous is warning the government of Quebec.

Citizens of the free world,
World governments continue to repress us.

Anonymous addresses in particular the Government of Quebec. We are watching you for some time. We learn that you are trying to stifle student demonstrations by passing laws to prevent their sequences.

The Government of Quebec the right to protest murders by adopting an emergency law to silence protests against rising tuition fees.

Government of Quebec
You bafouez student rights, by prohibiting protest near universities, by prohibiting the wearing of a mask, being tough and improperly event organizers.

Government of Quebec, you are warned!
The actions of the citizens of Quebec are legitimate and justified. The people of Quebec have the right to protest against the disproportionate increase in tuition fees. We ask you to leave the Quebec people say what they want you to hear.

We are Anonymous,
We are Legion,
We do not forget,
We do not forgive,
We dread!

2 government site were hacked and shut down shortly after

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Bumped for good reasons

This really need to go at the front pages of ATS
if the worldwide mainstream media deny whats happening in Montreal
then its the net duty to make it know

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Mainstream Media IGNORES Quebec Revolution... the government obviously censored the media

Ignored? Censored?

I do get tired of people saying the 'msm' is ignoring something, when they are actually covering it extensively. Below are all links from 'mainstream' sources covering the student protests in montreal. This is just a sample, and there are FAR more. Part of the reason it doesnt get more attention than it does isnt really because the media ginroe it, but because the public, as a whole, doesnt really care.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2012/04/21/pkg-akman-canada-violent-protest.cbcnews?iref=allsearch

www.foxnews.com...

www.theglobeandmail.com...

www.calgaryherald.com...)
edit on 21-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You know most Americans listen more to the TV then the Net

Pretty sure if i go to New York right now and interview people in the street
most would not have a clue of whats going on in Montreal

TV news doesnt want to report it with full intensive analysis of the situation
for a simple reason ..scared that americans or the OWS movement
take exemple on Montreal

How do you think Obama would respond to this Massive Civil Disobedience
Americans are at a boiling point with all these job lost and new police state laws
and the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and soon Iran

When government cross the limits and spit on constitutional rights of the population
it only a mather of time before all hell break loose

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The only ones ignoring this are the general public. The media has covered it a fair bit. More in Canada than the US, obviously, since it is just a conflict with French-speaking schools in Quebec who are protesting tuition hikes, but still, its gotten press. And from what I can tell, this is a fairly roudy minority who are just looking for excuses to riot. Only about 1/3 of the students even supported the protests up until a few days ago. Many just want to get back to class.

Dont blow your minority protest out of proportion. When you have middle class people in the streets, working class people, the poor, not just a handful or relatively privileged students complaining about a rather small tuition increase, ten you'll garner more attention.

And that isnt to say I dont support the protests, myself. I do. The government broke a promise about funding. But I dont think pretending the handful of angry wanna-be anarchists you post images of is some sort of larger social movement is a accurate way to cover it. The student groups doing the actual negotiations with the government are the ones DOING something, The idiots setting things on fire are just agent provocateurs and useful idiots

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
The only ones ignoring this are the general public. The media has covered it a fair bit. More in Canada than the US, obviously, since it is just a conflict with French-speaking schools in Quebec who are protesting tuition hikes, but still, its gotten press. And from what I can tell, this is a fairly roudy minority who are just looking for excuses to riot. Only about 1/3 of the students even supported the protests up until a few days ago. Many just want to get back to class.

Dont blow your minority protest out of proportion. When you have middle class people in the streets, working class people, the poor, not just a handful or relatively privileged students complaining about a rather small tuition increase, ten you'll garner more attention.

And that isnt to say I dont support the protests, myself. I do. The government broke a promise about funding. But I dont think pretending the handful of angry wanna-be anarchists you post images of is some sort of larger social movement is a accurate way to cover it. The student groups doing the actual negotiations with the government are the ones DOING something, The idiots setting things on fire are just agent provocateurs and useful idiots

Before the new law 78 was signed .. many didnt agree with the student protest
now at least 2/3 of the quebec population support the students
there is also a lot of unjustify police brutality act reported
one was caught on video

forward to 0:32

The owner of the bar is pissed off that his client were assaulted with no reasons
you even see on the vid a police using a stick on the table just to break glass and look like tough

another police insulted and was caught swearing at the protesters
so much for professionalism

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Like I said, up until a few days ago. I agree that this recent action has (at least temporarily) increased public support for the students. My main point was that this is not being 'ignored', and that to compare this to something like Egypt or Iran, as the OP has done in other threads, is absurd. It's a relatively small student protest with an even smaller faction of violent protests within it. It's not really something that warrants a lot of attention in the US media.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The whole situation may have been created so as to provide the propaganda reasons to elevate the police state in Canada.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Like I said, up until a few days ago. I agree that this recent action has (at least temporarily) increased public support for the students. My main point was that this is not being 'ignored', and that to compare this to something like Egypt or Iran, as the OP has done in other threads, is absurd. It's a relatively small student protest with an even smaller faction of violent protests within it. It's not really something that warrants a lot of attention in the US media.

If i remember correctly
Anderson Cooper was speaking days and nights about the protest in Tahir square
the government of Mubarak then imposed strick new laws and tried to disperse the protesters by force
look where it got him ..

Now the students will protest until the P-M of Quebec quit
they are chanting his name in the streets by thousand
that they will not stop until he quit

and yet there is absolutly no update on CNN about the recent events
no speaking about the new law 78 neither

Dont tell me they are not hiding this
Obama doesnt want such protest and will do all of his power to make sure everybody
watch tv sit down at home
continu to buy stuff,at walmart
eating their 10$ trio at macdonald
and trading Facebook actions

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The whole situation may have been created so as to provide the propaganda reasons to elevate the police state in Canada.

Yes .. im fully aware of the Agent provocateur
Pretty sure it went like that -->
for weeks the protesters were marching in a none violent way
only a few started to break things up and throwing stuff at the police

by doing so .. it gave the reason for the police to strick without restrain
and to remove the protester with all necessary means

They got tired of seeing thousand in the street
when you got protest like this in downtown
restaurants and shoping mall are very affected by this
many have been closed for weeks now .. no more clients

and it cost millions to pay all the cops and overtime
thats why they dont like peacefull protest that occupy legaly any streets

You see where im getting to .. its in their best interest to have agent provocateur ..
so they can chase aways those pesky protesters

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If i remember correctly
the government of Mubarak then imposed strick new laws and tried to disperse the protesters by force
look where it got him ..

Dude. Seriously? In Egypt, hundreds of thousands of people came out and protested, from all walks of life, against a government that could just as easily slaughter them all. And you're comparing that to a few thousand students in montreal? When you have nearly your entire population in the streets, demanding more than low student tuition, then you can make that comparison.

Sure, it deserves some attention. But expecting the US media to make a big deal out of it is naive, and comparing it to Egypt is absurd and inaccurate.

This latest 'riot' by protesters was, according to several student groups, was a handful of provocateurs and drunken pub goers.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

If i remember correctly
look where it got him ..

Dude. Seriously? In Egypt, hundreds of thousands of people came out and protested, from all walks of life, against a government that could just as easily slaughter them all. And you're comparing that to a few thousand students in montreal? When you have nearly your entire population in the streets, demanding more than low student tuition, then you can make that comparison.

Sure, it deserves some attention. But expecting the US media to make a big deal out of it is naive, and comparing it to Egypt is absurd and inaccurate.

This latest 'riot' by protesters was, according to several student groups, was a handful of provocateurs and drunken pub goers.

They were 300 000 that day
each day brings a different number of people

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Oh yes
I was wondering when they were going to get the ball rolling here in .ca

we may be tailend charley in the globalist process but maybe now Canadians will take a look and wise up

and who knows: they may yet make it an issue worth invading us and sticking an iron rod up our dictator's butt...
hey, wait a minute....

I can hear Hillary gloating on national TV already

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join