It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About the Garden of Eden Story

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by SilentKoala

I don't think that you even believe this.

So, it makes me wonder...

Why would you make such a lengthy post trying convince people of something that you don't even believe?

I realize that I am WAY late to this party and I apologize if this has been brought up before, but Silent Koala isn't making or creating a post, he/she appears to be cut and pasting it from other sources. That is, of course, if he/she isn't the originator of the text that is found elsewhere on the internet (just google some of the text to find it elsewhere).

So, Koala, is this plagiarism or are you the actual original author?

Eric

Interesting.

Can you show sources for your premise?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

That hypocrite God, tells the Israelites "Thou Shall Not Kill" then he orders them to kill.

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,
18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Numbers 31:17-18.

Joshua 6:20-21 NLT
Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid or discouraged. Take the entire army and attack Ai, for I have given to you the king of Ai, his people, his city, and his land. You will destroy them as you destroyed Jericho and its king.

Judges 21:10
So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

So, Koala, is this plagiarism or are you the actual original author?

Eric

Interesting.

Can you show sources for your premise?

whywontgodhealamputees.com...

There ya go.

Eric
edit on 22-5-2012 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The killing of those in the promised land was due to the fact that they had fallen angle blood in them and that was an abomination to God.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Wow. I wasn't expecting that at all. Star for you.
Eager to see what he says about it but I'll give him the benefit of doubt until that time.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

First of all there were a number of cities that they attacked, not just one, the promised land. How many cities, riches, virgins and livestock did these people need? Why didn't God do the killing? Why did he need the hands of his people, who were told not to kill, to kill?

Why didn't God just build them a city, like Krishna did?

Besides, I thought the flood took care of the cross bred mutants and giants of the fallen angels. If that didn't take care of them then I guess they're still mating and fornicating with earth girls now?

edit on 22-5-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

www.bible-commentaries.com...

It was for a show of Faith on the one hand... the people who supplied the materials were to do so freely signifying that they were wanting to please God not that they had to.

On the other hand the Ark of the covenant was to be housed within that temple and as such God desired the dimensions to be to His specifics (again a show of Faith) and those blueprints are the precise dimensions and furnishings as is in Heaven.

Google is your friend...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
The killing of those in the promised land was due to the fact that they had fallen angle blood in them and that was an abomination to God.

So that nakes it okay to kill?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

God said he would dwell there. Was he lying?
Your link tells me nothing.

There are hundreds, if not 1000's of examples of biblical contradictions. It's silly and off topic to keep discussing this one particular issue.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You clearly don't comprehend, or don't read at all.

Cane and Able were twins, from two different seeds.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
SilentKoala, thank you for starting such a fun thread. I am enjoying the Garden of Eden posts and more immensely.
Genesis is such an intriguing book. Some of my favorite verses have always been GEN 6: 1-4. Those verses got me in hot water with my Sunday school teacher when I was 8 years old, and my parents, until I got tired of not getting a logical answer from them. If I argued I was told to stand in the corner or go to my room, or read from the New Testament and stop reading the Old Testament.
Please let me say that I will be thrilled to the maximum when you all get to the Truth.
I am so ready to know the minds of the authors of the Bible. ( raised on KJV ). I do enjoy reading the other religions creation stories also. I would give you a star if I could. I have not met the requirements yet.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

There is no proof that ADAM and EVE were not CRO MAGNON...as there is no proof that ADAM and EVE existed at all. There IS PROOF and that proof is irrefutable as after mapping the Human Genome...we KNOW that Homosapiens were at one time Cro Magnon with a bit of interbreding with Neanderthal.

I know that the Adam and Eve story was just that...a STORY. It is a scientific impossibility....even if a GOD...and by the way...it is REALLY STUPID to assign GOD a gender...had a hand in the creation of the Multiverse since if there is a GOD...that GOG used the process of EVOLUTION to create all life.

I think Religion is a GOOD thing for many people but most of you here have to look at the facts before you condem certain REALITIES. All living things on EARTH have within their DNA...VIRAL DNA and although there are many different Viral DNA encoded into the Human Genome...Homosapiens share one specific VIRAL DNA ENCODING that all living thins share in their GENOMES.

What does that mean? It means that the very first SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM...ie...ANIMAL...was infected with one of the original Virus' of which as evolution progressed...left that VIRAL ENCODING in all subsequent lifeforms that evolved from that original SINGLE CELLED ANIMAL.

THIS IS PROOF POSITIVE that all life on Earth...and this includes Plant, Animal and even Bacterial which also has this Viral Encoding...EVOLVED from that original SINGLE CELLED ANIMAL or if you prefer...ORGANISM.
THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DENY! So if we were decended ONLY FROM ADAM AND EVE...we would not have this ancient Multi-Billion Year Old VIRAL ENCODING within our Genome. Split Infinity

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Romulus and Remus were twins. Luke and Leah were twins. Jacob and Esau were the first twins mentioned in the bible. The Bible says nothing about Cain and Able being twins.

Even if they were twins, how does that make one the offspring of Adam and one the offspring of the serpent? Women usually ovulate one egg per month, there are times when more than one drop, but the same ejaculation produces enough sperm to populate a large city. And the Bible does say that God told Adam and Eve to get busy. Eve should've been preggers already!

Again, I ask "What kind of creatures did God create that a serpent, a beast of the field, could impregnate a human woman?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

No the flood did not take care of all the giants it did kill all the half breeds so to say.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

God said he would dwell there. Was he lying?
Your link tells me nothing.

There are hundreds, if not 1000's of examples of biblical contradictions. It's silly and off topic to keep discussing this one particular issue.

God doesn't lie. No link posted can "tell" you anything as it is up to you to seek your own path and answers within... within you, me, them, us, all, always. Rejecting Him is no other choice than coming from self.

If you seek to cherry-pick the Bible apart that too is of your doing as you will find what you seek. What is in your heart will manifest in your soul.

What is silly is to try to convince any otherwise since God Himself will blind eyes not meant to know the message. Why? Ask God and I am sure you will find an answer to your liking (whether profound or nothing at all depends upon you not others)

So I can agree, your apparent hatred of all that is Holy is bred from your understanding and seeking answers from places like evilbible.com all but spells out what you will find.

Says it all doesn't it?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So how is it then, that the residents of these all these cities had the "blood of fallen angels?" Were the giants that survived the flood spawning cities like Jericho, Ai and Canaan? Where is the evidence of these giants today

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

We are here, on ATS, discussing the OP's commentary on the Genesis story, not my salvation. Until God gets an ATS account, I'm going to direct my questions the person who poses the assumptions. My relationship with god isn't up for discussion and is off topic to the OP's

Guitaplayer asked for a list of biblical contradictions, I acquiesced. I'm done arguing over these contradictions with you.

Right now I'm asking how one can assume that Satan was the serpent. I presented the story of Job, where Satan talks of walking up and down the earth, not crawling on his belly eating dust. Can you answer that?

How could Cain be the seed of the serpent? How can a serpent impregnate a woman? What kind of god would allow that kind of folly?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

um, right.

Quoting latin doesn't automatically make your opinion trump all others, nor make you look smarter than everyone else.

SHAMA LAMA DING DONG VERA DOUCHE

*top that*

Are they selling Ayn Rand narcissistic ego steroids in pharmacies now? Is that some sort of shtick? Is that ego fight for real? That's has to be comedy.

Well, considering the fact that I am aware that "DOUCHE" is not a latin word, I would say that you are correct.

(sorry Randy, but I gotta skee-daddle myself. It's been real y'all....)

"That's has to be comedy." is not proper grammar either so it's all in good fun I guess.

It's all a real scream to me now. Great material! Keep comedy alive, Randy & SG, so sites like this one don't become musty and stale.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
God doesn't lie.

Yes, but who is God? Is it your belief that "God" is the same being as the "Elohim" of the Genesis creation account? Did you know the word "Elohim" translated as "God" in the book of Genesis actually means "gods" ore more accurately, "mighty ones"? Any intellectually honest source without a theological axe to grind will confirm this.

Did you know many of the earliest Christians did not equate the "Father" Jesus spoke of with the "Jehovah" of the Old Testament? Did you know that before the third century, there were two competing branches of Christianity, Catholic Christianity and Gnostic Christianity, the latter of which was all but destroyed once Catholicism gained power via the blessing of the Roman government? Did you know that the Catholic church's insane tirades in the early centuries to eliminate all dissenting scriptures and burn down the library of Alexandria, was driven by their goal to destroy a competing branch of Christianity, the branch that differentiated between Jesus' "Father" and the Old Testament's "Jehovah"? Just some food for thought.
edit on 22-5-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by anoncoholic
God doesn't lie.

Yes, but who is God? Is it your belief that "God" is the same being as the "Elohim" of the Genesis creation account? Did you know the word "Elohim" translated as "God" in the book of Genesis actually means "gods" ore more accurately, "mighty ones"?

Oh goody another opinionated interpretation turned into an absolute out of thin air. Just say, "Abracadabra" and it shall become fact just like the word of God.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join