It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About the Garden of Eden Story

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SaturnFX

The illustration implys that it is mechanics Saturn. I was totally honest and resent you insinuating that I was not.

It is stupid to suggest there was niether a magician nor a mechanic. It is stupid Saturn.

But there is no magician...just an illusionist posing as a magician..no magic is the point.
Not saying you weren't being honest. I just think your not following through completely on your understanding (by not seeing it entirely as the show it is).

I guess I am assuming you are implying there to be magic in the first place, and science is a tool to simply understand the magic a bit more (aka, figure out which magical words are uttered to preform the spells so to speak).
I think that is not an accurate perception of scientific methods.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by SilentKoala

There are quite a few misconceptions floating around the Genesis story, especially regarding the Devil. Orthodox Christians tell us the Devil began his career of evil in the Garden of Eden.

Why would I keep reading when the very first thing you say is dead wrong?

How is the OP's rendition any less meaningful than this famous rant?

The very first death threat uttered in the Bible was given by God. "In the day you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil which is in the midst of the Garden, you shall surely die."

God warned them. He doesn't make threats.

You make God out to be the victim here, like he had no control over the results. God sets the rules. Death WAS the threat. God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden, guaranteeing their certain death.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, I am one of His people. But I guarantee you that you have never met one like me before.
Also, I think we both know that a gambling analogy to faith is beneath us, Randy. It's not about betting, it's only about love.

Now, about that immortality thing?

Well I have ran into you before and don't consider you to be that special. Sorry I just don't. If anything you present yourself with class but that's not really anything special.

Check back thru my posts here. I already gave you that explanation partner. In the first two I think maybe three.

Winword
What's so meaningful about a rant from a damn movie ?

Yep drove em right outr same as he did Satan.

What was he supposed to do allow sin in his holy presence. Perfectly understandable in my view.

You act as tho God said obey me or I'll kill you not the case at all. so you're wrong to try and think that way.
edit on 22-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The sole intention of my "parable-like" reply was to give you something to relate to by sharing how I, personally, have come to terms with those same questions, namely:

Originally posted by Hydroman

1. would you set up a situation for your young children in which you know they will not succeed, only to punish them for it?
2. Would you curse their descendants because of their failure?

I'm not saying it's gospel, I'm just offering my understanding that has sated my questions regarding those same issues, thus far.
And for me, your other question is moot:

Would you threaten them with death?

If I tell my child that by eating Oleander they will die, that is a fact not a threat. I have never questioned God's intent in that regard, therefore I disagree with your point of view and have nothing of value to share with you in the attempt to answer your question.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The LORD is not GOD, he only pretends to be.

Interesting analysis of the Bible story [history] about the Garden of Eden. Thankyou for starting such a thread. The word "paradise" is interesting in that it literally translates as meaning "a walled enclosure". Or is that meaning a "farm" or a "prison", perhaps a "concentration camp" or a "labour camp" ? In ancient traditions the serpent [snake] was always used to symbolize knowledge and understanding [comprehension] and wisdom. Also, and this might be difficult for men to accept, the serpent is symbolic of the feminine. The soul was always regarded as feminine, even though the flesh was always regarded as masculine. Is it possible that the LORD is Adam and Eve's father and the serpent is their mother ? Looking at things from the point of view of Adam it is interesting if the "serpent" is Eve's mother, that is Adam's mother-in-law. Saying that his mother-in-law is a dragon ? A reptile ? It is my opinion that the word LORD is reference to the "Way of the Masculine" [the way of the flesh] whilst the word GOD [serpent] is reference to the "Way of the Feminine" [the way of the soul]. The LORD is not GOD, he only pretends to be. Exodus chapter 15 verse 3 states "The LORD is a man-of-war. The LORD is his name". That is a bit like saying that masculinity cannot be feminine. Is it possible that our ancient creator the LORD was actually the Commandant of a Concentration Camp, eating us ? Are we mere cattle to him ? I see that the words LORD and GOD mean quite the opposite to each other. One cannot be both GOD and the LORD. It is my understanding that the LORD is "the one who doeth wickedness", whilst GOD refers to "the one who doeth righteousness". One cannot be both righteous and wicked. One line of conduct leads to heaven, whilst the other line of conduct leads to hell. Jesus said that "One cannot be serving two masters. You will love the one and will hate the other". We are all looking at a fork in the road of life. We cannot be serving both the LORD and be serving GOD. We must understand that these two word are meaning opposite things. If we do that which is pleasing to the LORD [man-of-war][masculine] we will enter into a nightmare of sex and drugs and violence all the way to hell. However, despite suffering and persecutions and possible martyrdom, if we nonetheless do that which is pleasing to GOD [peace][feminine] we will be blessed and able to enter into heaven. Peace is a Gift of God to whom so ever she please to give it, or not as the case may be. As clarification, in the year 2000 I recieved an audio clairevoyent revelation, which you ignor at your peril.

[snip]
edit on 22/5/12 by masqua because: Removed OT content.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Winword
What's so meaningful about a rant from a damn movie ?

It's a profound argument against the logic of the story of Eden, and the God personality adopted by Christians that is in opposition of how the OT presents God. The rant echoes the sentiment of the OP, as well as many others throughout history.

You have patently discounted his interpretation as vapid and idiotic.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by CAELENIUM

The LORD is not GOD, he only pretends to be.

Puh ! Whatever !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Why yes. I believe I have.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I'll say at least your post there has no contradictions and is devoid of any dichotomy unlike the OP, and you're not making a pitch for satanism by twisting an interpretation of certain parts of the Bible using contradictory measures to do so.

Your post is a very good story and I very much enjoyed reading it.

edit on 22-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by windword
It's a profound argument against the logic of the story of Eden, and the God personality adopted by Christians that is in opposition of how the OT presents God. The rant echoes the sentiment of the OP, as well as many others throughout history.

Dammit Randy!!

You don't challenge Al Pacino.
And you certainly don't challenge Al Pacino when he is performing his MAGNUM OPUS role as Satan, the prince of darkness himself. Sheesh.

Challenge Pacino = say "hello" to his little friend

I quoted latin in this post so 1) I am right and 2) I am the smartest.
edit on 22-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Why yes. I believe you are !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why yes. I believe have.

DITTO!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by windword

Dammit Randy!!

You don't challenge Al Pacino.
And you certainly don't challenge Al Pacino when he is performing his MAGNUM OPUS role as Satan, the prince of darkness himself. Sheesh.

Challenge Pacino = say "hello" to his little friend

edit on 22-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Why yes. I believe you are !

That's just not right.
There is something wrong there.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

That's just not right. There is something wrong there.

That's the beauty of it Lildude ?

She at least takes charge !

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Why yes. I believe have.

And this is why trying to have an intelligent conversation with a Christian fundy is like spitting into the wind.

I happen to agree with the OP and with the Pacino rant. I have no respect for the God of the OT, and if he is capable, I will gladly take my punishment and spend eternity away and disconnected from him and all the fundamentalists as well.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hope it's a joke. That head would be really messed up if it wasn't.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I happen to agree with the OP and with the Pacino rant. I have no respect for the God of the OT, and if he is capable, I will gladly take my punishment and spend eternity away and disconnected from him and all the fundamentalists as well

Well now we're getting somewhere ! Agree as you will. That's why God gave you the power to choose.

As for me I have to go for now.

Stupid smartest girl keep em honest.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

Crazy? There are many who will dub me a ‘nut’ for what I have written in this book. My reply is this: Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground. -David Icke

Mighty oaks have a way of dropping tons of nuts down where they stand.

Okay. I'll be waiting for a line-by-line refutation of everything written in Icke's book, but not holding my breath of course. You guys can heap your one-liners but can never back them up.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join