It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About the Garden of Eden Story

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
No matter how the story of the creation and downfall of humans is interpreted, almost every detail of the narrative makes it appear mythological. If a different creation story were believed as fact, I have little doubt that this one would be lumped together with every other past civilizations' mythology, considered to be equally credible.

If you believe supernatural, the kabbalah/gnostic version of the creation of the world makes sense, afterwards insert adam and eve

en.wikipedia.org...

The op is a God blamer, and should be cast aside (not argued too) cause he obviously has a agenda
edit on 22-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by mr10k

See partner if God told them they would surely die. Then certainly if they would have obeyed their creator they would have not died. Adam lived 969 years but was created immortal. Mankind lost immortality as a result of sin.
The wages of sin is death. Get it. It's really to simple to get all fouled up !

Actually, this is patently untrue. Genesis 2:17 in no way inplies that Adam and Eve were immortal. And, further, Genesis 3:22 reinforces this point. Adam and Eve were never created immortal.

Satan himself will someday die.

NO, He won't.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Mythology sounds no different from any explanation science gives when it comes to creation and existence.
Science explains the mechanics of the great magic show and then proclaims there is no magician.

How stupid is that?
edit on 22-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

A raging soul will fight against God.
A humbled soul will be still

(it is what it is)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

remember, science= our universe is just random

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I like how bull headed Cody is. At least he 's genuine in his total deniel of the truth.

Revelation 20 : God sends Satan into the lake of fire
v7 When the 1000 years have passed, God will let *Satan go out of his prison. v8 *Satan will go to people in countries all over the world, the countries that they call Gog and Magog. He will make them believe him. He will tell them what is not true. And *Satan will bring them together to fight a war. There are very many of his people, as many as the bits of sand on the sea’s shore. v9 They went across the whole earth. And they arrived at the city that God loves. Then they stood all round the place where God’s people were living. But fire came down from *heaven and it destroyed them. v10 The *Devil had caused them to believe him. He had told them what is not true. So God threw the *Devil into that same lake of fire and *sulphur. It was that same lake where the *Lord had already thrown the strange animal and the false *prophet. The fire there will cause them a lot of pain and trouble all day and all night. It will never finish.

Verse 8 The *prophet Ezekiel spoke about Gog, the leader, and Magog, his people, as great enemies of God’s people Israel. He spoke about them many years before Christ came to the earth. (See Ezekiel 38 and 39.) Ezekiel said that God would destroy these enemies with fire from *heaven. God himself would destroy them because they were such great enemies of his people. So John uses the same names when he describes the last war between God’s people and *Satan’s people.

From the revelation of God

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I do keep trying to have this discussion, yes
Not one Christian will indulge me

Do you care to actually state why this is the "truth," to you?
No one else has.

One more for good measure:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by anoncoholic

Was it always on (and thus punishment would have been immediate), or did it have to wait for it to be on in order for the punishment to be experienced? Which analogy are you using here?

As for not understanding the fruit... perhaps.

In the analogy the stove is always on and yet God in all His mercy still allowed the blood-line to flow. Up until the flood that is. There is a point where God will take measures needed to cleanse creation... round two and the cleansing by fire has ring-side seats always available, while the preferred viewpoint is from a historical perspective...

Okay, I agree with you on most counts, but even though I am a Christian, a lot of questions have been bothering me. Here are some:

1. Having in mind that God is an all knowing God and he knew you, me and everyone else, before we were even born (that would include Adam and Eve), then he also knew that we would all fall before he even created us. Well, my question is then why did he even create us in that case? Why would he create something that he would eventually have to destroy?

2. If God gave us the 10 commendments (one of which is "Thou shalt not kill), then why did he order us, in numerous ocasions, to go ahead and kill these or those other people (remember the promised land)? If we are prohibited to kill, then why didn't he do that job so that we don't have to do it? He could have taken care of the promised land and just told us to walk into it and live marily ever after...

3. How come God can posses certain qualities that we are not allowed to, yet he teaches us to strive and be like Him? For example, He can be mad and furious and punish, kill and so forth, while he tells us that we can't do those things? Before you say that He can do it, because He is God and He is holy, think about the fact that he wants us to and teaches us to be like Him, yet he sets this example...

4. Why did God give us the choice between good and evil? He could have given us two positive things to choose from, such as, good and better so that the chance for us to go wrong are completely eliminated and He gets to be happy and so do we.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by randyvs

I do keep trying to have this discussion, yes
Not one Christian will indulge me

Do you care to actually state why this is the "truth," to you?
No one else has.

One more for good measure:

It is the truth to me because God has promised it. The lake of fire awaits Satan. The lake of fire is absolute death. The secod death. You think Satan doesn't fear God ?

Spell check

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
The op is a God blamer, and should be cast aside (not argued too) cause he obviously has a agenda

You are mistaken. The Biblegod and the True God are two totally different entities. Jesus came to expose this fact, and the Reptilian Overlords had him killed (or at least tried to).

Everything in the OP is entirely true and accurate. The Bible was written to instruct the "initiates" and mislead and suppress the masses into submission. Most of it was plagiarized from older works that were clearly never meant to be taken literally.

The Priory of Sion, a Sun Cult, changed "Sion" to "Zion" and made their electromagnetic energy center in the Middle East the "Promised Land" for the "Elect". They bred them in Khazaria and then their progeny the Rothschilds orchestrated two world wars to give them Israel (ISis-RA-El, the Sun Cult Holy Trinity) as a homeland.

It is all intended to suck the energy from humanoids in order to feed the reptoids. They are basically emotionless, selfish, negative entities. The life energy is in the blood. This is why Satanists conduct human sacrifice and drink the blood. It's also why Jehovah forbids drinking blood.... he's their reptilian Demiurge, whom they worship. This OT God has nothing to do with the True God. He is Satan.

The author of this article was definitely on the right track, the only thing he missed is that they are not "human" at all.....

Spiritless Humans

montalk.net...
edit on 22-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by Hydroman
I can understand your feelings since I also have children. But, would you set up a situation for your young children in which you know they will not succeed, only to punish them for it? Would you threaten them with death? Would you curse their descendants because of their failure?

But we have succeeded because we already know how the story ends.
Hey, I've missed being around here. I've been pretty busy with the kids. All four of them are playing sports and I'm an assistant coach for my 16 year old's softball team.

I appreciate your story, and I understand it. I also see that you didn't necessarily answer my questions, unless you meant to do so by justifying the biblical god's actions by saying that you "know how the story ends". If so, is that really justification for all those who will be tortured forever in fire because they couldn't muster the correct amount of faith to believe in the right god, or any god at all? And it all happened because an innocent person with no knowledge of good and evil ate the fruit that she was told not to eat? This single instance through the whole universe out of whack (according to many Christians), and is justified? If so, why? Is it because he has the power and can make the rules? Might makes right?
edit on 22-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

[

It is the truth to me because God has promised it. The lake of fire awaits Satan. The lake of fire is absolute death. The secomd death. You think Satan doesn't fear God ?

Yay! A Christian answers!
Actually, I was asking why you believed that Adam and Eve were created immortal, since there is no scriptural evidence for such a belief?

As to your last point - well, I won't speak for Him, but I have only ever known Him to fear Himself and no other.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
You are mistaken. The Biblegod and the True God are two totally different entities. Jesus came to expose this fact, and the Reptilian Overlords had him killed (or at least tried to).
There is a song that this post reminds me of. The chorus says, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy." I agree with the latter.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Woo that's scary. So you're one of these

*Satan’s people.

Betting on the wrong horse believing a Sham ?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
There is a song that this post reminds me of. The chorus says, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy." I agree with the latter.

I used to feel the same way.

Here are 21 chapters of fun-filled facts for you to try and ignore.....

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Crazy? There are many who will dub me a ‘nut’ for what I have written in this book. My reply is this: Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground. -David Icke

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Science explains the mechanics of the great magic show and then proclaims there is no magician.

How stupid is that?

Not stupid at all
If you explain the mechanics of the magic, then its not magic..its mechanics...

if you saw a woman in half, then explain that it was an illusion, false bottoms, etc...then guess what..their was no actual magic here..it was just an illusion. People demanding it was still magic...well, they are stupid (lets be honest)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

Crazy? There are many who will dub me a ‘nut’ for what I have written in this book. My reply is this: Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground. -David Icke

Mighty oaks have a way of dropping tons of nuts down where they stand.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The illustration implys that it is mechanics Saturn. I was totally honest and resent you insinuating that I was not.

It is stupid to suggest there was niether a magician nor a mechanic. It is stupid Saturn.

What program happens without a programmer ?

What mechanics happen without a mechanic ?

What magic show happens without a magician ?

It's stupid IMO. And you won't change it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Eating from the tree is not important. God created everything from nothing so i don't think eating from the tree was a big deal. Think about this you seen God, and you know God, but you disobey the one rule he gives you? Its the wraith not the apple.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, I am one of His people. But I guarantee you that you have never met one like me before.
Also, I think we both know that a gambling analogy to faith is beneath us, Randy. It's not about betting, it's only about love.

Now, about that immortality thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join