It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
N.C. Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

Last Monday, a high school student in North Carolina engaged his social studies teacher in a heated debate about politics and the two leading presidential candidates. During the exchange, the teacher (an obvious Obama supporter) got very angry with the student and accused him of disrespecting the president. She even went so far as to tell the boy that he could be jailed for speaking ill of Obama

www.theblaze.com...

This teacher well just plain sucks.

A teacher jobs is not to teach people what to think but how to think and obviously she is a lousy teacher because being critical of Obama will not land them in jail.

The only thing that lands anyone in jail or a visit from the Secret Service when they are not too busy with hookers is making a threat to the Potus life.

Every single person in this country is entitled to have an opinion in this country about whatever they want that is protected as free speech.

This teacher was acting like a 2 year old.

So, how bad was the exchange? It got fairly heated, with the teacher shouting at times. The kerfuffle started after one student asked a question about the teacher’s “fact of the day” that said Romney was a bully back in high school. A student asked:

This is rich considering she was bullying her student.

The article is a good read what say you ATS?

edit on 20-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
How is this news? Just stupid people saying stupid stuff.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm going to give a */facepalm* for those of us in the education system that don't tell our kids how to think.

I'm a teacher, and I think that teacher needs to get their head checked. Pretty absurd, if you ask me.

-TS

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My how times have changed.
I remember my history teacher moaning about how Kennedy was the worst president ever.

I, being fairly non-political at the time...just shrugged.

The only time you can get in trouble about discussing a potus is on matters like planning to kill him..otherwise..meh, let them say he sucks, etc...been happening as long as I can remember. (every president is the worst president ever according to someone).

Teach has the right to shut the kid up if he:
is swearing
is disrupting class or talking during lessons
is talking racially or other disruptive language.
otherwise, she can stfu...or, be fair and institute a no political discourse allowed no matter what side of the fence your on...now hand in your homework and stop slouching!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I'm going to give a */facepalm* for those of us in the education system that don't tell our kids how to think.

The educational system is designed for that specifically

I think you mean "what' to think.

not sure if I am hair splitting here...probably am.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, and teachers also said that Columbus discovered America.

Misinformation and just stupidity.

This isn't news. Oh wait, it comes from "the blaze" Glenn Beck's own personal idiot site. Like accepting anything the Weekly World News or WND has to say as news.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
She was teaching how to think don't disrespect a Democratic presdient in class but it's ok to disrespect Bush and any other Republican.

As the kid said" if you trash talk one side you get to trash talk the other side".

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Who cares? I've had awful teachers say worse things.

I've been in some heated political debates with teachers, it happens.

edit on 20-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

I'm a teacher, and I think that teacher needs to get their head checked. Pretty absurd, if you ask me.

-TS
Let her get her head checked in the unemployment line. There must be some better candidates for her job out there somewhere, like in preschool.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In the near future, the statement made by the teacher will be a fact.

At least we are headed that way.

and I hate to be 'that guy', but someone beat you by 23 minutes to posting this.

NC Teacher Tells Student he could be arrested for talking badly about Obama
edit on 20-5-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Explanation: Uhmmm?

The only time you can get in trouble about discussing a potus is on matters like planning to kill him.

Does that include discussing the ability and methods to commit such acts even if they have no desire or intent to commit such acts.

For example ... discussing how an indiscriminant bio-chem warfare attack on the whitehouse lawns, whilst the potus is in the oval office, could seriously affect the USA economy and its PR standing within the world at large, whilst having no intent or desire or even capacity to carry out such an atrocity.

Is that illegal???

Personal Disclosure: I often discuss capacity and methods with no intent to commit them!

As for the teacher ... :shk:
Go teach MATHS as its HARD for students to argue against numbers!

As for the student ...
But don't get too cocky as timing and placement DO CURB ones right to free speech and school is not a free for all zone.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is Obama's tattle-tell website still up and running? Remember that one?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Yeah attack watch is still around but who needs it when people get taught like that.

Second,.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Close please Sorry.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Reading the article, I agree, the teacher was completely in the wrong. The students sounded like the rational adults during the argument.

It sounds like the teacher was trying to bully and intimidate the students into agreeing with her side. This teacher should, at the very least, be suspended.

On a side note, I had a history teacher in middle school that gave a yearly lecture on the JFK assassination. Every year he'd spend a day going over the official history of the assassination with his students. He'd then spend a day going over evidence that countered the official story. He never told his students what to believe, he just gave them the facts and let them judge for themselves. Easily the most enlightening lesson of my life. It taught me to never take what you see, read, or hear at face value and to always ask questions. I learned that asking "what, why, when, and where" is not a crime, and not something to be ashamed of.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
According to the article update, the teacher was suspended without pay for idiotic idealogical rant...Glad to hear it...

If Congress operated under similair rules we would be in much better shape.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
How is this news? Just stupid people saying stupid stuff.

It is news because a Government teacher is impressing upon children that we do not have the First Amendment protections to be able to speak freely -- a specific condition stated in the First Amendment as it pertained to speech about Government.

That is why it is news. Sure it isn't ground breaking death and destruction but if this teacher has uttered it, how many others did not make the news and are littered across the country telling young kids they cannot dissent against a sitting President?

She then utilized her "authority" and was instructing (in a passive manner) that those with authority get to dictate the debate.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Yes, and teachers also said that Columbus discovered America.

Misinformation and just stupidity.

This isn't news. Oh wait, it comes from "the blaze" Glenn Beck's own personal idiot site. Like accepting anything the Weekly World News or WND has to say as news.

Absent the source you are okay with letting this type of classroom activity slide? The teacher had a moment to really let her students shine and she actively shut them down because they held a different view than her own. She wasn't trying to pound into their head that 1+1=2....she was pounding into their head that the students had no First Amendment right to disparage the sitting president. Hogwash and she deserves the punishment she has received.

I would argue the same for any teacher that was for the "other-guy" and it is amazing to see people just brush this type of behavior off as "non-news".

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is how low the Barakians have fallen. They even come unhinged on children. You can hear the pig screaming like a lunatic. Probably foaming out the mouth like a typical, mentally deranged ObamaBot. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
N.C. Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

Last Monday, a high school student in North Carolina engaged his social studies teacher in a heated debate about politics and the two leading presidential candidates. During the exchange, the teacher (an obvious Obama supporter) got very angry with the student and accused him of disrespecting the president. She even went so far as to tell the boy that he could be jailed for speaking ill of Obama

www.theblaze.com...

This teacher well just plain sucks.

A teacher jobs is not to teach people what to think but how to think and obviously she is a lousy teacher because being critical of Obama will not land them in jail.

The only thing that lands anyone in jail or a visit from the Secret Service when they are not too busy with hookers is making a threat to the Potus life.

Every single person in this country is entitled to have an opinion in this country about whatever they want that is protected as free speech.

This teacher was acting like a 2 year old.

So, how bad was the exchange? It got fairly heated, with the teacher shouting at times. The kerfuffle started after one student asked a question about the teacher’s “fact of the day” that said Romney was a bully back in high school. A student asked:

This is rich considering she was bullying her student.

The article is a good read what say you ATS?

I played the little video thing... WOW, that's a TEACHER??? Dang, that's ridiculous!
One of the major problems with education today

She wasn't conducting a class, they weren't doing academic work, they were goofing off, then talking politics and she got upset and attacked. ... ridiculous... and I'm a Democrat!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join