It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I'm going to give a */facepalm* for those of us in the education system that don't tell our kids how to think.

I'm a teacher, and I think that teacher needs to get their head checked. Pretty absurd, if you ask me.

-TS

Agreed... that woman shouldn't be teaching

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

As for the teacher ... :shk:
Go teach MATHS as its HARD for students to argue against numbers!

As for the student ...
But don't get too cocky as timing and placement DO CURB ones right to free speech and school is not a free for all zone.

Nah, as dumb as that woman sounds, she probably can't DO Math, let alone teach it!!

.... and this is coming from an educator AND a Democrat. People like that are one of the biggest problems education is facing

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

.... and this is coming from an educator AND a Democrat. People like that are one of the biggest problems education is facing

Agreed, and I'm going to further this point by simply saying it would have been EASILY brought under control if the (and I use this term very VERY liberally, no pun intended) "teacher" would have had the cognizance to simply ask the right question....that being "Are you talking about Obama the PRESIDENT or are you talking about Obama the CANDIDATE?"

For the students to have been able to place both men, as they proclaimed, on a level playing field, then they would both have had to be the candidates. In fact, were I one of the students, thats precisely what my argument would have been: "Im not talking about Obama the President, but the candidate"

And, one last point, that they ALL overlooked, is that they ALL disrespected the position by referring to him as "Obama", he is, in fact, "PRESIDENT Obama"....any other nomenclature is disrespectful.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Agreed, and I'm going to further this point by simply saying it would have been EASILY brought under control if the (and I use this term very VERY liberally, no pun intended) "teacher" would have had the cognizance to simply ask the right question....that being "Are you talking about Obama the PRESIDENT or are you talking about Obama the CANDIDATE?"

For the students to have been able to place both men, as they proclaimed, on a level playing field, then they would both have had to be the candidates. In fact, were I one of the students, thats precisely what my argument would have been: "Im not talking about Obama the President, but the candidate"

And, one last point, that they ALL overlooked, is that they ALL disrespected the position by referring to him as "Obama", he is, in fact, "PRESIDENT Obama"....any other nomenclature is disrespectful.

I normally don't, but this time I'm going to... If we look at the very, very obvious pink elephant in the room (no pun intended
), there was definitely some racism involved. Reverse racism is still racism and that's what I gathered from the audio. ... just want to clarify again that I am a liberal, a democrat, an educator and probably the LEAST racist person I've ever met and I've been all over the east coast in big cities and small towns, so I'm not being racist in pointing out she was clearly a black lady from her voice alone and that most likely had some impact on what she was doing. All that aside even, she's a lousy, lousy teacher with a poor excuse for a classrom.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I don't see how your assumption would have changed anything whatsoever that occured. This Teacher clearly is mentally ill, and needs some anger management courses as well. She never should be allowed to teach again because it could only bring lawsuits against the School district. No change in content would have prevented her from imploding and acting like a raging lunatic. Let's not make excuses for this disgrace to the Teaching profession. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Excuses? LOL You think I'm coming to this teachers defense? She's a disgrace.....but a REAL teacher would have attempted to bring the classroom under control with some semblance of logic and compassion for differing views. As well as a rudimentary understanding of freewill.

Let's face it, a teachers role in life is not only to provide teaching based upon textbook accuracy, but also to show that he / she can show how civilized interaction should be handled even in the face of adversity.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I normally don't, but this time I'm going to... If we look at the very, very obvious pink elephant in the room (no pun intended
), there was definitely some racism involved. Reverse racism is still racism and that's what I gathered from the audio. ... just want to clarify again that I am a liberal, a democrat, an educator and probably the LEAST racist person I've ever met and I've been all over the east coast in big cities and small towns, so I'm not being racist in pointing out she was clearly a black lady from her voice alone and that most likely had some impact on what she was doing. All that aside even, she's a lousy, lousy teacher with a poor excuse for a classrom.

Quite frankly, I think there was a lot more than reverse racism going on here.

I think there is a comedy of errors and a cavalcade of ignorance so deep it's mind boggling that this woman slipped by the governing boards.

1. Inability to maintain control
  2. Reverse racism (albeit it could be conjecture on our parts)
  3. Herself disrespecting the position of POTUS
  4. Sounding completely unprofessional
  5. Inability to debate without "shouting over" others thinking her point is the only VALID point
  6. Far too uneducated highlighted by her stuttering and inability to communicate effectively
  7. Her distortion of facts
  8. Her unwielding personality (is that the way to teach these days?!)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It doesn't matter how she should have re-worded it is my point. Canidate or President, There is no Law that states he must be called President Obama, or even commander in chief. Is it disrespectful to not, yes. However being disrespectful is not against the law and usually is protected by the 1st Amendment.

Anyway, To meet you half way though, I probably should not have made the assumption that you were making excuses for this idiot. Misunderstandings happen online all the time, so please don't take it personal. What I actually see here is Liberal Democrats who realize that she is clearly a nutcase. ~$heopleNation

edit on 21-5-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Quite frankly, I think there was a lot more than reverse racism going on here.

I think there is a comedy of errors and a cavalcade of ignorance so deep it's mind boggling that this woman slipped by the governing boards.

1. Inability to maintain control
  2. Reverse racism (albeit it could be conjecture on our parts)
  3. Herself disrespecting the position of POTUS
  4. Sounding completely unprofessional
  5. Inability to debate without "shouting over" others thinking her point is the only VALID point
  6. Far too uneducated highlighted by her stuttering and inability to communicate effectively
  7. Her distortion of facts
  8. Her unwielding personality (is that the way to teach these days?!)

You have some very good points and I would have to agree.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My comment is more with respect to the video (actually really audio) if you listened to it in it's entirety. The "teacher" said "STOP STOP STOP!I will NOT have you disrespecting Obama here!" ... But my point was that by her not referring to him as PRESIDENT Obama or by having the understanding that a 14 or 15 year old student may not have had the complete understanding of why she the teacher tried to separate in HER own mind the difference between "them both being men" as one is the POTUS, that she was as equally guilty of doing what SHE was accusing her students of and she should have been able to bring the class under control by guiding them gently in the proper direction.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I have to agree with your list as well. Concerning the reverse racism subject, I do believe that race played a part in the rise of her rage and foaming out the mouth where maybe otherwise she would have chosen a more gentle approach to an African American child. I honestly believe that she took an attack on Obama as an attack on her own people in general.

I have to be honest, It just come across that way while listening to it. With that being said, I can't stand to see race used in order to justify or degrade any honest attempt to finding out the truth of any situation. Unfortunately, Sometimes it has to because race turns out to be an important factor when dissecting the facts. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

My comment is more with respect to the video (actually really audio) if you listened to it in it's entirety. The "teacher" said "STOP STOP STOP!I will NOT have you disrespecting Obama here!" ... But my point was that by her not referring to him as PRESIDENT Obama or by having the understanding that a 14 or 15 year old student may not have had the complete understanding of why she the teacher tried to separate in HER own mind the difference between "them both being men" as one is the POTUS, that she was as equally guilty of doing what SHE was accusing her students of and she should have been able to bring the class under control by guiding them gently in the proper direction.

Understood. Well that would have been nice to see instead of this result. Her "guiding them gently into the proper driection" that is. If she was a good Teacher, she would have done just that. Michael Savage, I know alot of people hate the guy, is offering to pay for this kids College scholarship if he get's in touch with him or his staff. So, Atleast something positive will come out of this unfortunate incident. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Understood. Well that would have been nice to see instead of this result. Her "guiding them gently into the proper driection" that is. If she was a good Teacher, she would have done just that. Michael Savage, I know alot of people hate the guy, is offering to pay for this kids College scholarship if he get's in touch with him or his staff. So, Atleast something positive will come out of this unfortunate incident. ~$heopleNation

The kid showed a lot of promise and much more maturity than the teacher did... well, other than his republican leanings

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Yeah well I would question the intelligence of anyone who believes in either of these two corrupt political Parties. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Yeah well I would question the intelligence of anyone who believes in either of these two corrupt political Parties. ~$heopleNation

I just go with the "lesser of two evils" since a third party doesn't stand a chance in our electoral system

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ask the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, if he thinks it's possible that a person saying bad things about the President might get in a heap of trouble for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join