It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't NEED A JOB to MAKE MONEY!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So, in the economy that today's world offers, tehre are a lot of peole crying out because they need help.

This is normal, and to be expected.

However, there's also been a glut of posts talking about the lack of jobs, or, ironically, the abundance of crappy jobs. I suppose that they can be looked at as one and the same to a lot of poeple.

That's not the point of this thread, however.

I want this thread to be designed to HELP PEOPLE, by making money, TODAY, using skills they CURRENTLY have.

Let me put it this way: Even in a small town, there are potentially MILLIONS of dollars being spent each day. Between businesses selling or buying from other businesses, bank information, people buying the goods they need, etc, even in this bad economy, there are great amounts of money flying around.

What can someone, perhaps you, as a person with no special training or skills, and, potentially, VERY little cash to work with, do to grasp at least a little bit of those dallars floating around?

Here's one thing...

I posted this in one of the many threads going on about this, but thought that this potic is absolutely improtant enought o bring out into a full discussion.

IF YOU READ THIS POST, YOU WILL MAKE MONEY. I Betcha.

[SNIP]

Folks, it's not about JOBS, it's about making use of what you have!

Let me give an example...

Did you know that there is a way to get free text message services from Twitter? It's true. You can set up an account under any name you want, and anyone that subscribes to that using a certain format will, from that point on, recieve text/sms messages to their cell phone.

How is that useful?

I will give you an example that's been used by my company.:

Go to a restaurant in your area and set up a contract with them, that you will help them build up a list of customers that opt in to a "free sandwich a week" giveaway (or whatever you and the company decides on). Set up signage (how hard is it to print a sign on a piece of paper and stick it to the register with a piece of tape?) and then set up a twitter acount for the restaurant.

Let's say it's Joe's Pizza. You can set up a Twitter account called "joespizza". Then, if a customer wants to opt in to the program, they simply text "follow joespizza 40404". Boom. They are now opted in, and any messages that that account types in will be texted to them.

Now, let's say that the restaurant is having a slow Tuesday night. (happens often lol) They can send out a text message to all of the customers on their list, saying that anyone coming in that night that mentions the text will get 25% off of their order or something. Boom. Restaurant is full, restaurant OWNER is happy, and you can charge $100 a month to that restaurant to maintain their list, send out the messages, etc.

Do that for 10 restaurants in the area and you are making $1000 a month in EASY and FREE TO YOU money.

And that's just ONE way to use it. Think outside of the box a little bit and it can be expanded big time.

Dry cleaners, day care centers, beauty salons, ANYONE THAT NEEDS CUSTOMERS can benefit from this.

Want a super heavy duty dose? How about setting up an "Emergency Prayer Request" service, where you sign up a church for $25 a month to do the same type of thing, only sending out prayer requests to their parishoners?

How many churches are in your town? Mine has literally one on every dang corner. There's 10 PAGES worth in the Yellow Pages. And trsut me on this, CHURCHES JUMP AT THIS. (You could even give it away for karma if you wish lol)

It's about doing what you can, with what you have availbale, and NOT RELY on ANYONE ELSE to feed you or to give you what you deserve. It's about taking control of your own life and saying the heck with the rest.

Now, in that idea I just gave you, WHERE DO YOU NEED TO PAY FOR TRAINING? Where do you need to go get schooling or begging for loans?

I have, literally, a TON more things that can be done like this, that anyone can do without having to pay a dime to anyone else for the privelege of doing it lol I can post them here, but if no one is interested in using the ideas to make their lives better, or even to make someone ELSES life better by telling them about this stuff, I will not bother.

I am not into giving handouts. I want to help those that want to help themselves, and there's nothing wrong with that, right? To do otherwise breeds the entitlement society we see today.

Hope that someone gets the idea that they can read this post and go out, right NOW, and make some money.

Someone will, I just know it.

The other 99% will not. They will be waiting for someone else to hand them a paycheck and screaming when they can only apply at McDonalds or something.

Come on people. Seriously. I just handed you GOLD.

Your turn.
edit on Mon May 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: self-promotion removed

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't know where you live, but your community must be fenced in with barbed wire to be so gullible.

Here, you have to do a little more to actually get cold hard cash. And finding a job isn't hard.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
gullible about what?
I thought it was good idea, what business wouldn't want to attract customers?
I'm not sure how many business would go for it, but it isn't a bad idea.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Thank you for writing this thread! Your suggestions are more than reasonable and do-able.
I'm sure you've helped many people and will most certainly help many more. Myself included.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

And these businesses wouldn't do it on their own once they're told about it?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure they could, but don't most business owners have enough to do?
Paying someone to send out texts is not out of the question. What the Op is doing is essentially telling someone how to create their own position and convince a company they need them.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I don't know where you live, but your community must be fenced in with barbed wire to be so gullible.

Here, you have to do a little more to actually get cold hard cash. And finding a job isn't hard.

This would be a great example of someone that didn't even read the thread lol

That's ok. It's not about that kind of person. Some people don't want to help themselves, and will always lament that there's someone holding them down.

Sorry, Starchild, if this thread upset you somehow. Not an intention with it. It's about helping people. If you weren't helped, that's okay.

Good luck with the job you're looking for (or, if you have one, good luck staying in it and relying on the whims of other people and THEIR choices to remain in business, or to do it correctly enough to survive).

link   
Dude, wtf? Why didnt you just post this in the original 3 threads?

Are we really going to make a new thread eveytime somebody has a differing opinion?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
When Walmart, Target and Kmart came to town, along with Smart and Final, AutoZone, Supermarkets, etc....it killed small businesses, which was the backbone of America. All this is being done by DESIGN. It's all about CONTROL! Come on y'all! WAKE UP! The clock is getting closer to 00:00!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Why didnt you just post this in the original 3 threads?

I'm glad the Op decided this topic needed a spotlight.
I saw the other threads and can't bring myself to read through them today because of my state of mind. I recently started my online business. I'm getting traffic, but have only had one sale. This is an excellent idea for soemone like me to fall back on until my business gets rolling.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Jomina

And these businesses wouldn't do it on their own once they're told about it?

They can, and many do, but a great majority of small business owners, believe it or not, are clueless about how to actually run their business, and are VERY less than savvy when it comes to the Internet, texting, etc.

Most of them don't even realize that maintaining a list of past customers is absolutely essential to growing a business and spend vast amounts of their advertising budget trying to play in the fields with the big boys.

The idea is about stepping in, showing them that you can bring them customers, without adding any extra work to them or their employees.

You would be surprised, if you've never dealt with businesses, how many of them jump at this stuff. I make a huge amount from doing exactly this stuff.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Are we really going to make a new thread eveytime somebody has a differing opinion?

Again, probably someone that didn't read the OP.

This is not about complaining about the lack of jobs or telling of the abundance of jobs.

This thread is something entirely different, INSPIRED by the glut of complaining threads.

This is about how to make money, without having a job, RIGHT NOW, and th OP is just giving one way to do it.

Entirely different animal, no? Deserving of a thread of it's own?

If not, so be it, and the mods can handle things.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Learn about rare coins that are in circulation by accident still.
Quarters, dimes, etc.

Look for them everywhere.
Hell, take a ten dollars to the store, get some quarters as exchange, look through them. Find the good ones take them out, then take the normal ones back and get more paper money.
Then repeat at another store. Just go around checking everyone's change see?

Then after you get some loot, take it to the coin collectors. They will pay good for your finds.

Good luck treasure hunting. May luck be with you.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Why are you so upset about people starting threads? OP said exactly why he started a new thread...

Good thread OP. I will probably try the text message idea out, and if you have some more ideas I will try them too and report back my results.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That's actually a pretty good idea...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Quarters, dimes, etc.

Hell, take a ten dollars to the store, get some quarters as exchange, look through them. Find the good ones take them out, then take the normal ones back and get more paper money.
Then repeat at another store. Just go around checking everyone's change see?

Then after you get some loot, take it to the coin collectors. They will pay good for your finds.

Good luck treasure hunting. May luck be with you.

Awesome idea there Muzzleflash!

I have seen similar done by a couple of friends of mine, and they do pretty well with it. They don't do a business with it, per se, but more out of habit, for some extra income.

I could definitely see people making a good amount from it, though!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't know about the type of marketing suggested... But I do agree there are ways all around us to earn money that do not require working for the "man" as it where.

S&f

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Quarters, dimes, etc.

Good luck with that is right. I guess the next step down from this is pushing a shopping cart around town collecting aluminum cans.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I just created economic activity merely by typing letters on a keyboard.

All it takes is one person to take that simple advice, and at least check through their personal 'piggy' bank of change for a few gems.

Also it spurs education because people may look up coins and find out more about them.
It will increase business and activity for the coin buyer/seller outlets, thus increasing local economic activity and bringing the standards of living up for all concerned parties.

Oh and there are guys with metal detectors who go around places they know or suspect had activity hundreds of yrs or thousands of years ago and often can find ancient coins or other objects of value. Those are very rare finds but the payoffs are totally worth the effort.

If you live in the right area you could actually make it a full time - self run job, and possibly make far more than you do with normal wage-oriented jobs because the more work you put in the higher returns that are available.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Quarters, dimes, etc.

Good luck with that is right. I guess the next step down from this is pushing a shopping cart around town collecting aluminum cans.

Hah aluminum cans are always worth a specific value.

You would be surprised because no one actually knows about or checks coins.
I am talking like making 100$+ from a days work looking at coins.

I once saw a whole roll of quarters where each one was rare and worth 25$ that was used as normal 25cent piece currency by an unwitting customer. What? A quarter worth 25$ that looks just like my 25cent quarters?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join