It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Them Guys are Nervous Now !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
At least at one point they were nice to each other and polite, but then Kerry knows more about the nuclear proliferation.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was going to vote Bush
but I changed my mind.

FlipFloppers Unite!

Kerry is exceeding my expectations and Bush is just making me laugh.

I also agree with bilateral talks with North Korea but in conjunction with the 6 party talk, which is what I think Kerry says.

[edit on 9-30-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'd really like to know where we're supposed to get these two new divisions.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

I'm sure all the details you need are on kerry.com.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
this is so funny my daughter is AIM me while I am posting here and watching the debate and she said that she just got the pro kerry sing in her dorm window after she has seen bush confused.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
At least at one point they were nice to each other and polite, but then Kerry knows more about the nuclear proliferation.

This one of the few areas I actually agree with Bush on. China must play an active role in nuclear talks with NK. Lil Kim will not screw with China like they do everyone else.

Wierd though when you think about it...Bush went it alone with Iraq and Kerry is willing to go it alone with NK.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, I'm so glad I saw this. George Bush appears to me as a naive, arrogant little boy. Lots of um's er's and long pauses. JOhn Kerry is intelligent sounding, truthful and clear.

As if we didn't notice the gap already, Bush has now shown once and for all that his time is over.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I love how GW just slipped in, NO Draft...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
the let it be know that bush said THE MILITARY WILL REMAIND VOLUNTEER.
We got it on ATS in case he win the elections and he brings the draft.

link   

from Kerry.com

The 40,000 new troops I am adding will not be soldiers who�ve already been on the front lines, but new volunteers trained and ready to defend their country. And this will help relieve the strain on our troops; it will bring more of our soldiers, guardsmen and reservists back home to their families and get them time for the new training they need.

go here for more:
www.johnkerry.com...

Volunteer too

link   
Tough one..... Bush started stronger, but Kerry grew as the debate wore on.... It's going to be close.

Bush or Kerry?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Wow, I'm so glad I saw this. George Bush appears to me as a naive, arrogant little boy. Lots of um's er's and long pauses. JOhn Kerry is intelligent sounding, truthful and clear.

As if we didn't notice the gap already, Bush has now shown once and for all that his time is over.

I wouldn't go that far just yet, there are two more, and Both of them are very skillfull. I think GW will be better prepped next one.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, no draft, ... but definetly an important thought for americans to hear.

My opinion,... Bush won this one.

They both were a nervous wreck, but Kerry was all about,.. you didnt do this, you didnt do that. I never like that kind of attitude.

link   
no no.. opinions on who won the DEBATE...

link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

from Kerry.com

The 40,000 new troops I am adding will not be soldiers who�ve already been on the front lines, but new volunteers trained and ready to defend their country. And this will help relieve the strain on our troops; it will bring more of our soldiers, guardsmen and reservists back home to their families and get them time for the new training they need.

go here for more:
www.johnkerry.com...

Well, no crap
. I mean where are the volunteers going to come from?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm gonna call a draw. Both of them made good points but took some blows.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Wierd though when you think about it...Bush went it alone with Iraq and Kerry is willing to go it alone with NK.

Were not talking about WAR here. These are on two different spectrums.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
volunteers imo means no draft, if you're drafted you not a volunteer are you? or do we have to get technical as to willing or unwilling volunteer?

final thoughts:
Both candidates provided good arguments but in this particular debate Kerry seem to come out with the upper hand. Bush avoided some important questions, bin laden comes to mind, no wmds being found, etc. but in all consideration I can't say if this guarantees a win for Kerry because imo foreign policies was Bush's weakest point.
The best comeback that I can remember is Kerry telling Bush about "certainly" being wrong. Looking forward to the rest of the debates.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
volunteers imo means no draft, if you're drafted you not a volunteer are you? or do we have to get technical as to willing or unwilling volunteer?

I'm aware of that, it's my entire point. You can't force people to volunteer, so unless he manages to get enlistment up some other way, it's all hot air.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Originally posted by Bleys

Were not talking about WAR here. These are on two different spectrums.

Yeah that's what I used to think about Bush's early statements on Iraq and we all know how that ended up.

I've never made it any secret that I think both of these men are dangerous and my opinion of them has not changed after tonight. I remain a Badnarik supporter.

My take on the debate:

Style and delivery - Kerry
Substance - Bush

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join