It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What UFO incident, or case made you a believer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As title states, what incident in Human history, or UFO case turned you into a believer or got your mind on the subject to begin with?

When I was a kid, pretty young (I'm 25 now) I started to hear about Roswell, and done my own little investigations, (before playing around with the internet) and going to the school library, or local libraries in my area and getting any research material or books on the subject.. I've been hooked ever since

So my question to ATS, what started it all for you?
edit on 19-5-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

No single case made me a believer. All the inexplicable cases put together as one enormous body of evidence made me a believer.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

If you mean a believer in the sense that there are things that the average person does not know about, then the series of incidents involving black triangles.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
All the information put together helped my beliefs and also I saw some strange lights in the sky one night which was seen by other countries at the exact same time in Europe. It was freaky.

Also, I believe that in a vast universe, we can't be the only ones!

A lot of things on planet Earth don't make sense without Alien intervention.

Also not to mention the drawings on pyramids of people in space suits etc. that still baffles me till this day!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
All the information put together helped my beliefs and also I saw some strange lights in the sky one night which was seen by other countries at the exact same time in Europe. It was freaky.

Also, I believe that in a vast universe, we can't be the only ones!

A lot of things on planet Earth don't make sense without Alien intervention.

Also not to mention the drawings on pyramids of people in space suits etc. that still baffles me till this day!

I agree with all 3 of you, but I felt the need to respond to faryjay's post.

As I grew older and (wiser lol) I started to take into the account the vastness of the universe, and I guess you could say in a logical way, I came to my own conclusion that just the size of the Universe alone, there must be more life out there. I'm sure this was the same for a lot of people.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i saw a flying saucer hover over a field when i was ~7 years old. and then i saw two more within the past half year. the first one was weird though, i wasn't surprised to see it. i felt like it was a normal thing in a way. i didnt even tell anyone until the next day

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nasa UFOs did it for me.... Also some of the astronaut statements ( apollo third stage among others)...
I also had a few sightings myself, a couple of which coherent with some of the nasa shots - the ones when the camera pointed towards the surface of earth at night...
I have many pilot friends ( being a private pilot myself ), some military, who all saw one or more, and also saying its a well known phenomenon among pilots...

I'm beyond believing, i know...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Definitely getting some interesting replies.. keep it up guys.. love hearing/reading these

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

I am 66% for the idea of alien visitors and 33% against.

1. I WANT to believe aliens are buzzing about in order to make this life a bit more interesting.
2. The sheer number of UFO reports can't all be wrong.
3. The vast distance to the next possible planet with life makes it unlikely that aliens can just pop in for a visit.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I didn't become a believer by any UFO incident or case, in fact they put me off believing if anything. What makes me a believer is my own intelligence, the universe is vast and we would have to be so self important to believe that we are it in this vastness. Mathematics does it for me, it is almost a mathematical certainty that life exists out there beyond our own planet. I even suspect we will discover bacteria in our own solar system within the next 10 years that does not originate from Earth.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, to answer your question it was a combination of things.

First, I had a real live sighting of a ufo about 12-13 years ago. Then in the past year or so I began researching it. I started with the Disclosure Project 2001 Press Conference. That impressed me. (I met Steven Greer and his wife soon after my sighting, at an event not related to ufo issues - only knew he was "into" that at the time - ha! He was really very nice. I bent his ear to tell him my sighting story. He immediately asked some 'debunking' questions, and seemed pretty no-nonsense about it. )

So. That's what got me started. And I really like Clifford Stone. I've read his "Eyes Only" book, and many of his posts here at ATS.

For me, it would all be "stories" without my own experience, however. I would be entertaining the possibility, but not jumping on board, so to speak. Having seen what I saw - although I can't prove anything to anyone else - I now certainly know for myself that there is at least some truth in all of this. - AB

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I sort of always known... Inside.... My dad told me once when I was little he saw one too. And I didn't really believe in God as little either. Too many #ty things had happened. Looking at the stars and understanding how big it really was, I was certain. X-files and other tv shows didn't help

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Common sense has made me believer. To think that humans are the only intelligent life is beyond arrogant. The only time i have personally seen anything that really made me stop, wide mouthed, and stare was about 6 months ago. While i was standing at the top of hill overlooking a valley in my home town.

My gf and i were just up watching the stars. We could see, miles away, on the other side of the mountians on the opposite side of the valley, lightning cracking through storm clouds. The sky was clear where we were parked. Something flew from our side of the valley, to our right hand side, wasnt moving very fast but the blinking light patterns were strange. Sometimes they were much faster than a planes light should be other times they wouldnt blink at all just stayed on. It flew from above us (it was too high and it was too dark out to make out the shape) at directly over to the storm. We could literraly see it stop moving just as it got to the edge of the storm. I could still see its lights clearly so i know it didnt go into the clouds but it did cover some distance. It stayed in the same spot for about 5-10 mins then it flew right back over us in the same direction it came.

This was the first time my girlfriend accepted ufos if that falls into the thread rules

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm more believer than skeptic. I just don't know where they come from - and I'm doubtful they can travel the vast distances between stars. I think that the case that did it for me, was Travis Walton. It was just an amazing case. There are other cases that indicate to me that a legitimate phenomenon is happening - perhaps they are dimensional and this is their home too. Perhaps they have a legitimate claim to be here.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Didn't know what to think about UFOs until seeing witness recreations in a program on TV.
I have the Unsolved Mystery UFO collection and recommend the following viewing:
Roswell as you will see how easily that was done without aliens.
Socorro or Zamora Oval ship sighting but disregard the normal rocket exhaust and perhaps
the wind blowing away from the ship as the ship is pulled into the air.
Hudson Vally Wing UFO runs low and slow with various electrostatic lighting and the
central motor is clearly lit and the biggest lighted area.
Belgium Triangle has great detailed description of the ship.
UFO Hunters Rex Heflin flat disk ship has actual ship photos and the ring exhaust photo.
To me that proves unknown material ships are a fact of life.
That the ships are all Teslaship might be up to you to figure out.

edit on 5/20/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
1) When my Dad was younger he looked up to see the stars and he saw a series of Unidentified Flying Objects almost above him but in the distance. It seems as if they were following a path, sort of like drawing in the skies. I was hooked since that story.

2) While at sea in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, I've seen several orange lights that were stationary just on the horizon but when it moved from point A to point B it (they) did so at incredible speeds. The distance between A and B, was unknown however, to put it into perspective, it was like going from South SE to North in less than 2 seconds.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Time: 8:16pm onwards
Date:4 th october 2009

Description:

Orange orb/diamondy shaped which looked to be in an unstable state as though it was on fire. I observed it moving over the tops of the houses, then watched it for more than 5 mins hovering silent and stationary over us. Another wierd thing was that it was dropping what can only be described as hot blobs or for a better description hot molten metal ' Slag' . It started to move away from us but staying with in sight one street up from us. I don't know where they landed, possibly near the weverly Pub on new brinsworth road.

It was hovering over the housing estate, very unstable in state.. it then propusled itself straight upto the heavens (speed was steady and easily trackable very constant) object gained its ideal height within a matter of 30-50 secs, we tracked the orange ball which turned a faint red dot as it increased in height. Then only describe seeing random red dots in a confined area where it headed.The red random dots went out and we were presented with the disc shaped object.

Now we werent really paying much attention to see If anything else was lurking around up there, until we was tracking it to were it flew upto. I imagine this 'ship' Ufo whatever you want to call it was waiting for this orange ball to finish doing whatever it was doing/ It is transporting these things- I cant get my head around this it just can be military and it cant be explained!

The craft Descrition quiet simply:

Described as, you know how they portray your classic disc shaped ”UFO” objects on hollywood movies, it was exactly the same. It was a smokey grey didnt seem to reflect on anythin contrasted nicely in the night sky, The object was a fair size given the height of which it was flying, slowly cruised over the m1 motorway towards sheffield as it did so a number of things were observed -

1. it disappeared then reappeared (stealth)

2. it tilted on its side looked as though it was speeding up as it went out of sight, I did it little digging because I found this to be very strange from what I saw and came across this: Lazar .

- Lazar said when they take off (Hi Speed Operation) out of sight the disk will first tilt on its side and focus the three gravity generators to a fixed point.

Continued....
After seeing all this to add to the drama 20 mins later a merlin military helicopter circuled the village for around 3 minutes or so then headed in the direction of the craft over the M1 motorway.

The first part of my description might make you say it was a chinese lantern without looking at the second part. T
The huge amount of advertising for chinese lanterns these days on TV whether adverts Include for HSBC Banking to and insurance car companies to the new O2 phones advert which basically making references to setting these things off and also makes the audience used to seeing these. This makes more sense to me than anyone else, because we all know the television is a brainwashing product and has a huge affect on its views...

It got me thinking after seeing all this on 4th October what they are doing is Muddying the waters for sightings that I saw basically anything that resembles a chinese lantern 100% has to be one NO QUESTIONS ASKED! - but Im living proof that is not the case! Or at least for now .

Me and my brother are two very lucky people and it was our time to see something as special even though we had no photos or videos its in our minds- and it will never be forgotten.

All I can say to anyone one that reads, you've read something that happened so In a way you've experienced it too

Peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Popular
As title states, what incident in Human history, or UFO case turned you into a believer or got your mind on the subject to begin with?

When I was a kid, pretty young (I'm 25 now) I started to hear about Roswell, and done my own little investigations, (before playing around with the internet) and going to the school library, or local libraries in my area and getting any research material or books on the subject.. I've been hooked ever since

So my question to ATS, what started it all for you?

When I saw two of them fly by.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just the vast amount of stories involving UFOs drew me in and I have been hooked on the phenomenon ever since. I assume most true UFOs originate from various governments, but I believe a small percent of true UFOs are of a questionable nature; as to what nature I am not sure.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey everyone, this thread caught my attention cause I've always had a fascination with Alien's , U.F.O's and life on other planet's in general since I was a kid, but what made me a firm believer about the subject was when I was 17 ( Am 30 now), me and my mother who I was driving home with at the time seen in the distance a huge circular disk with different light's all across the side, needless to say we had to pull over and get off the car as well as a lot of other driver's who pulled over like us to actually try and process what we were all seeing. It stood perfectly still with no sound what so ever for about a min and suddenly disappeared out of thin air. After that literally everyone asked each other did we really just see that obviously we were all shocked and a little freaked out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join