It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness in the afterlife

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
i am bored of this life.
yes im young, yes theres still much for me to see, but im just not interested in worldly pleasures anymore (physical, emotional, etc). Yes theyre great and all but idk, i feel like theres something better out there.

if you werent happy with your life, would you kill yourself in hopes of finding happiness in the afterlife or would you just deal with the fact that you will be unhappy most of the time and hope that somehow along the way, you find some happiness here?

"Everything has already died.
This is the other world."
from The Knee of Listening by Adi Da
Jesus put it this way:The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Boredom is your own creation in this moment.
It vanishes when you understand you are actively creating it.
The Natural state of consciousness is Bliss/Fullness
which is the result of Radical Understanding
or No Seeking.
I just explained everything to you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I felt like you, at around the same age. Swallowed 2 bottles of pain pills. Heard a voice (that wouldn't shut up, and was very loud) that told me this was my last chance, so I ended up calling 911. So... let me just tell you: DON'T. We're all going to die, anyway, eventually. And there's nothing more terrifying than KNOWING you are going to die. It was probably the most unpleasant experience of my life. And hell, I had 6 years of chemotherapy, my father tried to kill me with a kitchen knife, I fell off a tall mountain and landed on a downed tree (lost my shoes, never found them), got electrocuted (horrible pain), and more recently I've suffered a ruptured disc in my spine that brings with it never-ending pain and discomfort. But there's nothing worse than knowing for certain that this is the end. And besides... as much as I try to forget about it, I think I got proof that there's something beyond the veil, something we cannot see, always there, and will ONLY speak when they have absolutely no choice. It was a woman's voice, and not a voice I've ever heard since.

Hm, anyway... if I knew then, what I know now, life would be better. One thing I would have done is started working out at an early age. I would not have gotten overweight to begin with. But even that can be beaten. Anything can, really. Life is boring, I agree. Reality is, for the most part. I throw myself into video games and movies, to escape reality, but even lately nothing satisfies. I used to be a dedicated musician, but now I lack the inspiration to do much of anything. When you're young, it's easier to have the fire in your soul. Use it while you have it, and don't let go. Certainly do not give up right now. You don't know what you've got, until you're older, and you miss your youth, and the friends you used to have, and the opportunities that passed by. Open your eyes, they're there. Believe it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OP, are you still there?
Please answer.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Tamara Laroux was broken and aimless and thought her only option was to put a gun to her heart. Tamara attempted suicide by shooting herself in the chest. She died and came back to life. She believes she experienced the afterlife between the time she was bleeding out and when she recovered.

I was convinced there was no way to live a completely happy life. If I couldn’t live happy, I didn’t want to live at all.

I believed the only answer for me was to end my life. I began screaming out to God, “God, forgive me.” The gun went off. My lungs began to fill up with blood. I began to go deaf. My eyes were open, and I became blinded. I knew that death was gripping my soul. Then all of a sudden I felt my soul leave my body. I instantly began falling and falling.

At that moment I knew I was no longer in control of my destiny. I ended up in a place that was complete torment. My body was burning. I no longer was lonely. I was no longer depressed. I became depression. I became loneliness. I became a tormented being of fear. I saw all of these other people and everybody was screaming out in pain. The mutual thing that everyone shared there was their desire to scream out to everybody on earth, “Do not come here. Acknowledge that life is about Jesus Christ.”

Eternity is real. Hell is real. Heaven is real. How you live your life will determine where you go. Everybody cried out that their loved ones would hear the truth.

I saw the hand of God literally come down. I knew that He was coming for me. His hand picked me up, and instantaneously I was no longer a being of tormented sin. I now was being cleansed. God took me over the Heavens.Source

edit on 19-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
ANSWER. OP
PLEASE ANSWER.
ARE YOU THERE?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Remember, You have a PURPOSE for living...

im 18, i know im going to be living in the streets. "i just want to do something fun, its not like i can actually die, i mean yes i can die, but im immortal,so lets have some fun."

Alright warlock, I suspect you have been asking for a sign, either way someone has sent you one, look at the user name in this post to you a while back:

post by yourmaker

Originally posted by yourmaker
i'd imagine it's in our instinct to want to go out into the world for an adventure rather then sitting around waiting to die.
warlock, you should do something AMAZING.
i don't know what that could be either, maybe slip into area 51 or something...

So "YOURMAKER" is clearly telling you that you should do "something AMAZING". There's your sign... Couldn't get ANY clearer than that. Just don't forget that "yourmaker" has a VERY unique sense of humor so you may or may not want to hold off on leaving for area 51 for now even though that DOES sound like fun. Seek out the PURPOSE that you were created for and do something AMAZING, that is the ONLY place you will find the "fun" you were meant to experience. Here is HOW:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Suicide Story with Happy Ending

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, there are eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life. The PAIN that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent!

The pain will be severe...

"I had been working with this girl for about a year. She has an extremely brutal past and I mean that literally. If anyone had a valid reason in their own minds to commit suicide, this girl had it! She looked straight at me and told me that she had made up her mind that she was going to take her own life and that there was nothing I could do or say that was going to stop it!"

"She said that she had it with her life, that there was no more joy in her life, and that she felt she had nothing more to really live for! She did not care if God threw her into hell for doing this. I gave her my “55″ reasons as to why she should not do this, but nothing I said was getting through. I was literally up against a brick wall, and I could not even make one dent in that brick wall. She was that certain with this decision!"

Now here is the Word the Lord gave me to give to her:

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, here are the eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life.
  1. The pain that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent! However, her daughter will hold on to the hope that God will have mercy on her mother and that God will not condemn her to hell for eternity.

2. Her daughter will then go on with the rest of her life hoping that she will once more see and be reunited with her mother once she dies and crosses over into heaven.

3. And here is where the extreme eternal consequence of committing suicide comes in. Murder in any form, including to oneself, is prohibited under God’s laws. It is a stone commandment – thou shall not murder! And that includes killing yourself!

4. When her daughter eventually dies and crosses over into heaven, the first thing she will do is ask God if her mother made it into heaven. If God has to tell her that she did not make it and will have to spend the rest of her eternal life in a place called hell, her daughter will then be forced to carry an eternal pain, an eternal hole in her soul that will never go away – ever! She only has one earthly mother and the thought of never seeing her again will be the one pain that God will have a problem with in trying to soften – even in heaven!

Tell her that if she doesn’t care anything about her own life, not to commit this act due to the eternal consequences involving her own daughter.

Do you want to spend the rest of your eternal life in hell and have to deal with all the pain that is in hell in addition to knowing the pain that your daughter will have while she is in heaven – the pain of being eternally separated from you forever?

Do you want to roll the dice and take your chances that this will not happen – knowing full well that one of the 10 commandments is “thou shall not murder” – including yourself?

Read full article

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In the name of JESUS CHRIST, I command you demons and shadows to leave this person
NOW!!!!!!
In the name of JESUS CHRIST, I command you demons and shadows to leave this person
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!

GOD loves you.
JESUS died to show us there is an afterlife, He loves us that much.

edit on 19-5-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: Fix

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Please don't fill this thread full of religious mumbo jumbo.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Popular
Please don't fill this thread full of religious mumbo jumbo.

Please don't fill this thread with negative words. Go away. This is important. A LIFE is at stake here.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anyone wondering WHAT "mumbo jumbo" really looks like:

Eh, bible quotes = don't even waste your time on that junk.

PROOF OF ALIEN JESUS!
Ordinarily I would keep it to myself BUT when it comes down to a person's soul and destiny I would recommend AVOIDING any advice by the "Popular" people who may be dishing it out and instead go with the advice from "yourmaker" posted below:

post by yourmaker

Originally posted by yourmaker
warlock, you should do something AMAZING.

ALWAYS remember: "yourmaker" has YOUR best interest at heart, the "popular" people do NOT...

edit on 19-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

edit on Sat May 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Perhaps you need to get a life there, pal. Spam of that sort will more likely push someone over the edge than to pull them back from it.

Did you note this particular paragraph in his text:

theres my ego, it just wont let me die. I dont want to be seen as that person who couldnt handle life and killed himself, i dont want to be a coward and abandon my family..what if they need me? I guess i grew up thinking that people who kill themselves are weak and selfish and i dont want to be seen as such.

See that? Strong clue that no suicide is imminent.

You need to calm yourself. Go for a really long walk. Commune with nature. Try to find some balance.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

im 18, i know im going to be living in the streets. "i just want to do something fun, its not like i can actually die, i mean yes i can die, but im immortal,so lets have some fun."

@OP: If you need help finding a place to stay say so... there ARE people here on ATS who CARE about you! I can't speak for the others here but I KNOW there is HOPE for you! I am on the verge of being homeless myself now and was homeless on the streets of LA when I was your age as well. I know some people in Atlanta who possibly can help. DO you NEED help?

reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

since most of you here seem to believe in spirits, i had some questions regarding the spirit world.
Can it be accessed by us without having to die?
have any of you been there or know someone who has?

Ian Clayton has done what you are asking and he has had fun at the same time:

@OP: Ian Clayton and Graham Cooke both have many videos on YouTube BTW.

You can contact Ian Clayton here. Get in touch with Graham Cooke here

Tamara Laroux can be reached here or by email: [email protected]

The ONLY thing stopping you from doing AMAZING things is FEAR! Only YOU can conquer it!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

According to most on this site, most if not all of us will die the end of this year anyway. Might as well wait and see what happens this christmas.. Im sure you will regret missing all the fun!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Interesting questions. Basically OP is re-formulating the eternal question of "what is the purpose of life".

As I see it, the deal on this side of the wall, is to grow in insights and perceptions into what "life" is (as a multi-level phenomena), and what the "world" is (as a multi-dimensional entity).

This search or journey is interesting, since it is an evolving story. You yourself as partaker in that process, will create an iterative path of improvement in insights and perceptions, even for the things you thought you knew already! This changes yourself, and you start to see details in this seemingly rough world.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When you truly realize the effect of taking your own life and how it effects others on a spiritual/spirit level, you have understood a key of life.

Think of it this way:

You kill yourself. Every single person close to you feels extreme guilt and sadness, and it is different than you dying of natural causes. Every single person asks themselves WHY? what could I have done differently? I could of saved them if I only knew!...they carry this on for years, it creates a well of sadness/guilt and anger inside them.

Those people that are the deepest effected will then create a tie between you and them. You feel their pain on the other side. Things are intensified in the afterlife, emotions are stronger, colors brighter, and things seem more vivid and profound. You will not be able to progress until you right the wrongs you did to these people. You will have to find a way to get them to release you from their spiritual energy, because you become trapped and held to these people as a spirit. Not a ghost. You will have almost no impact on their waking lives, no matter how you try, they will not be able to see you most of the time.

People wonder why/if/how mediums do what they do, spirits are bound to people a lot of the time, and until that spirit can get across to someone that it was not their fault, or whatever message it is that binds them to a person, they will be forced to follow and feel that person or persons.

This is why taking your own life is taboo. Once you know this, you can also figure out that the opposite is true as well. While living, you can have such a great effect on those around you in a positive way that brings happiness and loving emotions, and when you die naturally, you will receive those feelings and be set free instead. There will be no bind of negativity, only free flowing positive spiritual energy.

IMO.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hello friend,
There is so much you are missing, and yet you are contemplating giving up without even looking.
Time is the greatest thing you have, it creates the environment in which discovery can be made.
How would you feel after you have died to find out the greatest possibility you had of discovering all those things that you want to know, was now unavailable, because you neglected the opportunity and threw it back into the creative forces face.
You believe you do not contain the answers you want. you would be wrong to feel like that, Please begin a daily practice for at least one hour of noticing the finer more subtle energies your body has, trust me when i say the FIRST time you realise their is a fundamental active, higher truth within your soul, that is available to those that would seek it out, and that it opens a door so incredibly magnificent into the higher and true nature of the spirit that you are, you could never again feel like you do now.

Without trying you never can know that it IS there within you, do not be blind to it for the rest of your life, you obviously need to find it.

You have to make the effort.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If you commit suicide you're doomed to repeat this life again.

By the way I forgot to mention, pull your head in OP. You're alive, live it out. I have had friends and family die in car accidents at a young age that didn't need to die, and here you are saying you don't want to live any more?

You can trade places with them if you like.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)

Maybe that's why I've had dejavu so often?? IMO Just because people die young doesn't mean we ought to be satisfied.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There are meds for that.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
alright well i wish i could reply to you all but 2 pages is quite alot.
i did read all of your replies though and i've realized that they must mean something. i've decided to stick around. i'll try to enjoy this bumpy ride, dont complain if i get vomit all over you though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join