It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness in the afterlife

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i am bored of this life.
yes im young, yes theres still much for me to see, but im just not interested in worldly pleasures anymore (physical, emotional, etc). Yes theyre great and all but idk, i feel like theres something better out there.

i realize my life will never be as glamorous as i want it to be, and because of that, well i want a new one.
so before i go on i should say that yes im depressed but i personally believe that depression is one of the necessary steps to do this. I mean why would you want a new life if you're happy with the one you got?

but there are things keeping me from reaching my goal.

theres my ego, it just wont let me die. I dont want to be seen as that person who couldnt handle life and killed himself, i dont want to be a coward and abandon my family..what if they need me? I guess i grew up thinking that people who kill themselves are weak and selfish and i dont want to be seen as such.

but why is suicide taboo? we all die eventually, so why is it frowned upon?

then theres the process, how would i end my life, where would i do it?
i dont want to make a bloody mess nor do i want to surprise my family when they find a corpse in the house. I could tell them beforehand but i cant just say "so yeah i love you guys but im going to kill myself soon" because i would probably get locked up in rehab

then of course theres the fear of the unknown..no one really knows what happens when you die... i like to believe that our souls are eternal and that this is just one of my many lives..but who knows.

so the more i think about this, the more excuses i keep coming up with and i think, well do i really need to die?
Sure my life sucks, but it has its moments..what if the day after i kill myself everyone gains superpowers lol

if you werent happy with your life, would you kill yourself in hopes of finding happiness in the afterlife or would you just deal with the fact that you will be unhappy most of the time and hope that somehow along the way, you find some happiness here?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I believe the reason why I am in the life that I am in, is because I killed myself so many times in my previous lives. I think about death all the time, but I know that it's not worth it to kill myself.

I know that you come right back into another life, possibly worse than the one that you left behind.

You have to understand that yes, we all die eventually, but we also all have a purpose on this Earth. If we kill ourselves before we complete that purpose, we come back until we do complete it.

To some people, suicide is seen as a very big taboo. Our Creator gave us a purpose and a reason to be where we are in life. If we take away that life that our Creator gave us, we are turning our backs on our Creator. I'm a spiritual person, so I believe that our Creator is our life-giver.

My life is boring as well, but I know that soon, a great and amazing change will happen, and I have to be a part of that. Maybe, if you look deep enough, you will realize that you have to be a part of it as well.

Always look towards the light.

~Quyll

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

I'm sorry things aren't working out the way you've hoped. I'm often guilty of saying "I don't remember signing up for this".

Although we aren't sure what happens after death, I try to remain hopeful that our souls do go on.
Let's be honest. Suicide is selfish because you're going to cause pain to those who love and care about you, so this is certainly out of the question.

What I suggest is that you take up skydiving, bungee jumping, or other activities that may result in death. Even if you partake in these activities numerous times and death doesn't result, at least you've been having fun and by the time this part of your life passes and things change, you'll have some really cool stories to tell. Just be sure to tell those you care about that you love them in the fortunate/unfortunate event that your chute doesn't open, so you can leave this world as peacefully as possible.

Maybe you just need to do things that give you that adrenaline rush and have your life flash before your eyes to help you appreciate what you have.

Best wishes to you and I hope things work out for you.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If you commit suicide you're doomed to repeat this life again.

By the way I forgot to mention, pull your head in OP. You're alive, live it out. I have had friends and family die in car accidents at a young age that didn't need to die, and here you are saying you don't want to live any more?

You can trade places with them if you like.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't have enough faith that there will be an afterlife, so I choose to experience as much as I can in this life. This might be your only shot at life, and I can only tell you that things do get better.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have never been depressed or anything but I am always wondering what's next. I think killing yourself would be a selfish thing to do when you have family and friends that care about you even if suicide is what you ultimately want. And referring to the post above if reincarnation happens you definitely would come back in a worse life if you ended yours prematurely! Don't do it!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Never kill yourself, no matter what. I think there is an afterlife. I don't know if you would be damned or go into limbo or that sort of thing, but killing yourself is like going against the rules, spitting in the eye of God. No, unless it were perhaps to end unbearable pain. So, maybe not "no matter what," just never, never out of simple boredom or sadness.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Causing your own death will not bring you happiness in the afterlife. Your problems don't go away. You cannot run from yourself, even in death.

All that does is create misery for those you leave behind, and that will tie you to them for who knows how long. Life is a gift, a chance to learn and grow in ways not possible in the afterlife.
It is not worth it.

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Everyone in their life has their ups and downs. Don't let anything bring you down though mate, it will get better soon. Think of it as a scale. The negatives will eventually be equaled out with positives.

That being said, i believe that suicide is not the answer to the problem. Suicide is seen as taboo i guess, because life is special. Life is special in the sense that "God" gave it to us. In Catholicism, if one were to kill themselves, they will get a one way ticket to hell. In other religions, you will reincarnate.

Following on with the suicide aspect. Suicide will leave everyone around you in despair. Your family, your friends, your siblings. Everyone! Everyone around you will be severely affected if you chose to commit suicide. They may blame themselves for your decision, they may feel guilty for not trying to get you help. The fact is, everyone you know and love will be affected by suicide. Suicide is not the answer my friend. Perhaps you should speak to your family or close friends/relatives about your problems?

Good luck, and my wishes go out to you. May you remain safe on your journey.

edit on 18-5-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
First off, there's the possibility (and I think it's a big one) that you might have
to pick up where you left off here. So you'd be stuck having to start all over,
and come to the exact same place you are now, feeling exactly the way you
are now. And there's always the possibility that you did it before and now here
you are again. Could be you were given the opportunity to make a different
decision this time.

There's no guarantee you'd be happier in the afterlife. Or maybe it would
be worse. Maybe you'd wind up in a lower dimension and it'd be even harder
to get unstuck. Harder the next time around because now you've got this
extra baggage.

Second, the one thing you can always count on in life is change. Everything
changes. That's the nature of life. A month from now or even a week, a day
or an hour, things could look completely different. And probably will.

Third, so you move on. But what about the people you leave behind? Your
family, your friends? Have you thought at all about the damage you'll do
to the people you love? The people that love you? It's a helluva legacy.
Believe me, I know. I've lost too many people close to me who did exactly
what you are thinking. More than I can count on 2 hands. It's the ultimate
act in selfishness. I just pray they are okay....wherever they are. Who
knows?

Depression sucks, I know. So does boredom. But you really can change
your life by changing your thoughts. What are you focusing on? Sometimes
you just have to force yourself to do things that help you to get out of your head.
Your mind can be like a bad neighborhood. Not some place you want to hang
out for too long.

Your life is going to end sometime anyway. Why rush it? Give it a little time.
You never know. There could be a miracle right around the corner. Miracles
happen every day. Matter of fact, they are a natural occurrence. It's just hard
to see them when your attention is taken up by something else. So pay
attention to what you are paying attention to. You can change it all
by changing your thoughts.

I'm only speaking from my own experience. I've been where your at.
Thanks for sharing kiddo. And remember life is full of mysteries,
full of miracles that you just haven't experienced yet.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

i realize my life will never be as glamorous as i want it to be,

Define glamorous, darlin'.

Do you mean a glamorous life like these people?

Point being, too many people are waiting for life to happen to them, instead of making life happen. You're 18, so you haven't even tried this life yet. The celebs in the photo didn't wait around for fame and fortune. They had to fight for it.

edit on 5/18/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

but why is suicide taboo? we all die eventually, so why is it frowned upon?

Because if you were my little girl, you'd tear my friggin' heart out!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Life sucks for a lot of people. Think of all the people in the hospital fighting for their lives, hoping to live just one more day. Just because things suck right now, it doesn't mean that they always will. Hang in there sweetie, things will get better. Hugs!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
jiggerj nailed it, he is SO right on...

WARNING : DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE Watch this video from someone who has been there and done that!

"Angie Fenimore, a wife and mother haunted by abuse in childhood and overwhelmed by despair, was in a desperate state of mind. On January 8, 1991, she committed suicide, hoping to escape her sense of emptiness and suffering. But clinical death didn't draw her to the light seen in so many near-death experiences."

"Then I heard a voice of awesome power, not loud but crashing over me like a booming wave of sound; a voice that encompassed such ferocious anger that with one word it could destroy the universe, and that also encompassed such potent and unwavering love that, like the sun, it could coax life from the earth. I cowered at its force and at its excruciating words:

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

And I'd felt trapped. I had been able to see no other choice but to die before I could do any more damage in life.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

My thoughts were communicated so fast that they weren't even completed before I absorbed his response:

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding."

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

"You have a purpose. All beings have a purpose."

"...people still serve a purpose in this world, and that through supernatural power or simply by strange occurence we are where we are for a reason. Even the most insignificant people have a reason to exist. And that is an undeniably comforting truth in a world where one of our greatest fears is to be alone and without a cause to live." LINK

Quotes from the film "Lady in the Water":

"Man thinks they are each alone in this world. It is not true. You are all connected. One act can one day affect all."

"There is a veil that covers the eyes of man creating an illusion to the things we cannot see. There is so much more to this world but without removing the veil one may not ever see it."

"But man has forgotten how to listen". The awakening of man will only happen when man begins to listen to his creator. But man has forgotten how to listen..."

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You have to listen to us all, please, I'm begging you don't. This depression is very common in younger people, believe me, I was depressed in my twenties. I used a ouija board, brought in evil, and I became suicidal. I drew my bath and was going to do it. Luckily, Jesus saved me by blinding me. I could not find anything sharp, anywhere. I collapsed in tears and begged Jesus to help me. The next day, it was like someone replaced my sad soul with a loving, happy one. It was a true miracle.
Please believe this, shadow people and demons are feeding off you right now, and they are trying to get you to kill yourself so you'll be damned for eternity, either to repeat this life or worse. They are attracted to sadness, depression, weakness, physical and mental, and the insane. They " help things happen " as a reputable medium once said. Why do you think not 1 out of 42 assassination attempts of hitler didn't work, because God wanted him to kill himself. No chance for salvation.
Life is VERY HARD for most of us. I promise you this though, the Dark is around you, and is making this worse. .
Stop what your doing right now, and think of love.
Know that I love you, and your life matters in more ways than you can ever fathom.
If I had died, I would not have been there to saves 3 people's life ( I'm in medicine )

YOU MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feel this (HUG ). Feel this LOVE. We need you. You are the future.

edit on 18-5-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: splg

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You're Not Alone, GW... One life touches many. It's a fundamental truth whether it's for good or evil.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

What I suggest is that you take up skydiving, bungee jumping, or other activities

Exactly what i was thinking! I remember watching an episode of real sports with bryant gumble, there was this guy who was depressed and he started living life on the edge. Now he does a lot of skydiving with a birdman suit. And man oh man, some of the videos he recorded were amazing!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yes, take it from sickofitall2012 and from all the others. I am 43, have had health problems; heck, I was close enough to death three times before the age of three! I sometimes felt suicidal as a teen, but never got close to actually trying it, because death was already kinda real to me, if you know what I mean. I have epilepsy; sometimes that is like coming back from death, though the seizure never really comes close to killing you in itself. Just don't let me have any more in public...

Had an NDE 4 1/2 years ago, which I may discuss here eventually. I don't know how things exactly work, or the exact nature of God and the afterlife, but I can say that time is not exactly what we think it is. In fact, I think a lot of our problems in adjusting to this life are in adjusting to the linear nature of time, but I don't want to say too much right now.

Learning to deal with the nature of this life is part of the plan, whether you are a bald-headed middle aged guy with health problems, a depressed teen, or some poor sod toiling ten hours a day in the tropical sun to feed his family. We must accept our experiences whatever they are, and learn from them.
edit on 18-5-2012 by godspetrat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
All is created by you. If you want happiness, you create it. It's not given nor is it external. However, a person's natural state is one of happiness. You have internalized concepts and thought processes that are causing this negativity in you. You have chosen to accept those things over your natural happiness.

There is no situation that cannot be seen in a positive and beneficial light. You choose your perspective, each and every time. Boredom is a state of mind. At your age, you know nothing of what is offered by your existence here. You have precisely zero "right" to feel boredom since you are still fundamentally clueless. You're simply not putting any effort into making anything whatsoever of your life. If you think you are, please look at the evidence! There is nothing boring about life.

I'm not talking about book learning or extreme sports or any of the rest of that crap to give your life whatever "glamour" you (erroneously) equate with fun and interest. You simply don't even know who you are and you aren't interested. Turn off the tv for good and start living. Learn by doing. Live by genuinely being. Know by feeling. If you think you do any of that now, please stand back and observe yourself. See the error of your ways.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join