It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Discredit Someone or Not to Discredit Someone That is the Question!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hey guys names Chris I am fairly new here to forums and the world of YouTube.

Recently I have noticed a lot of trolls trying to discredit people who post stuff on here.

I for one applaud others with free thinking minds who post topics.

For example recently I posted a few videos from my Earth Change News YouTube channel and got discredited for copy and pasting and was conspired against by one particular “member”

The member said that using an article as a script was wrong but being new I thought it was not a problem as I always link the sources of my videos the best I can in the time I have got.

There are so many people who copy and paste other stuff but if you are using it to produce a video to help others wake up and 80% of the work is your own with added video clips and production then is this not just a way of producing the information for everyone to see?

I find sad that others will discredit others on here science is not a good answer remember if you dream and think about something no doubt it is in the works by the puppets of the puppet masters.

A lot of people seem to not like this site now and are walking away because of the increase of (not constrictive messages but attacks)

Although my view is some of the trolls attack because they themselves are the puppets of the puppet masters.

In my mind sometimes the most criticized articles or videos are the best and are the ones I keep an open mind to. As long as I get the information I do not care who copied who why because who cares?

Peace and Love to all of you x
edit on 18-5-2012 by Somethingintheclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
here here! good for you!
i watched your video and thought it was really good,and if you don't mind i put it on my facebook to awaken others!
(hope ya don't mind)
ya attacks are common here,especially if someone has something intelligent to say!

its almost like they are getting PAID to cut certain posts down!!! (imagine that!:wow

keep up the good work and the informative posts. i'll keep checking them out!

just try to ignore the trolls and remember- always deny ignorance!
peace

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
here here! good for you!
i watched your video and thought it was really good,and if you don't mind i put it on my facebook to awaken others!
(hope ya don't mind)
ya attacks are common here,especially if someone has something intelligent to say!

its almost like they are getting PAID to cut certain posts down!!! (imagine that!:wow

keep up the good work and the informative posts. i'll keep checking them out!

just try to ignore the trolls and remember- always deny ignorance!
peace

Thank you for the kind comment

I think the negative comments don't really help them I have re planed the entire channel so watch this space.

Saying that I prob will still be discredited for copying my own work when I do that

Peace

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
His mom was a US citizens so that makes him a natural born citizens no matter where he was born. even if over seas.

From Wikipedia

The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The Congressional Research Service has stated that the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion indicates that the term means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth," including any child born "in" the United States, even to alien parents (other than to foreign diplomats serving their country), the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

I didn't see the thread you are talking about but I did read and agree to the T&C as did you:

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party. You will not use your Postings on the Websites to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated without first receiving permission from TAN.

* Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website. The posting to these websites of any copyrighted material owned by others that is not found elsewhere online is prohibited.

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

As long as you follow those guidelines no one will have anything to complain about. You mentioned that you do your best in the time you have.

There is no time limit at ATS. You shouldn't post a thread "rushed". Every post is supposed to be well thought out and useful.

That said... If you ignore the opinion of the majority of us here in relation to what videos should be questioned.... what exactly are you here to do? i mean, I come here because there are various types of people who will have various different opinions on any given subject, allowing us to dissect it and analyze it better. Much like wikipedia claims to be run by the people, so is the alternative media. If you can't at least acknowledge the group opinion on something without assuming they are "puppets" you are wasting your time and everyone elses.

You WILL be wrong sometimes. Some of your theories will be debunked, get over it, it's a learning experience. If you don't have people challenging you, how do you expect to learn and grow?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by redtherunner

Sorry, what are you talking about I have no idea what you are on about.

I am English ??????????????????????

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thats a good argument I agree

Remember this one thing no matter what people say, who you are what you come from

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion

I learn and grow from everything.

Life is a learning curve

Peace

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS.

Recently I have noticed a lot of trolls trying to discredit people who post stuff on here.

I for one applaud others with free thinking minds who post topics.

I suppose it is a matter of perspective....but I consider those who actively question and debunk various topics on ATS to be the "free-thinkers".

They are the ones who are checking out theories & hypothesis('s ...?) and making informed decisions based on the evidence at hand, instead of letting someone else think for them.

In my mind, the trolls are the people who blindly argue a point and refute any evidence offered by others that may contradict their view-point.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Moderator please remove if possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
edit on 18-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You're complaining about being "discredited" by a member when in my opinion you did that to yourself when you started hurling personal insults at other members who had the temerity to question your video! In the event you attempt to edit the post to cover your banal arguments I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting it here:

#1 - Scientists Stumped By Sun's Asymmetrically Reversing Magnetic Field, increasing is solar flares and tornado on the sun three times the size of earth.....Yeah really normal do better better research
#2. - Why do you go # yourself
#3 - Science wont help you now
#4 - why because a scientist tells you so
#5 - your a sheep
#6 - your prob a puppet master oh wait your not that intelligent
#7 - Well I centennially did not see it
#8 - hmmm really
#9 - your a twat
#10 - your an idiot

This was your response to a member simply asking questions or offering alternative explanations for your "research." This wasn't the only time either, in another response you proffer the sage advice, "# off."

Finally, that "member" you are alluding to in the topic is a highly respected long standing and active member of the ATS community whose contribution to threads is usually welcomed with open arms, not always, but usually.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Yeah well everyone is entitled to what they say they where not asking questions they where slagging me off

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Good reply...........starred.

That slipped right by me.

Some of those replies were really uncalled for and you were right in pointing them out.

Really need that second cup of coffee.

Good call.

Just trying to be positive and cheerful today, but you did spot something that should have not been allowed. Telling someone to _____ themself and name calling (#10) is immature and totally rude.

I also agree with Chris though in that things are not a-okay.

I've been studying our weather, history, conspiracies, earth changes, etc for now 30+ years and over the last decade YES YES AND YES something is absolutely, positively going on, something has been stepped up.

Yes could just be natural cycles in motion but I don't think so based on politics and the way the world policies are headed.

One example is Japan's 9._ Earthquake and Fukushima which will now severely compromise our whole planet and every species.

Something is up, something wicked this way comes and it's coming at us fast.................we, humanity are at war and not even aware that our entire species, our entire planet is at stake.

Most people don't want to face this fact, it's too monstrous to fathom let along wrangle, so we ignore what is obviously coming at us from multiple angles and go on with our mundane lives like business as usual.

This in turn, people's apathy, makes people, like Chris, lash out and I can see why.

It's like you are standing there, watching a huge train baring down on a innocent bunch of children and trying to get them off the tracks and they won't listen to you.....utterly frustrating.

But, I agree, name calling and telling someone to do something rude to them self is a big no no here on ATS.

As far as giant sink holes.............do the research folks, they are appearing all over the place in Asia, Ohio, Russia, South America, Mexico, Canada, England - all over.

Weather is really crazy lately, even for where I am.

How the oil spills and nuclear "accidents" and the logging of millions of acres of trees every week plus a island made of plastic floating around in the Pacific bigger than the State of Texas (Google Pacific Garbage Patch) will affect us, along with HAARP which is dismantling our upper atmosphere and your guess is as good as mine as to if we as a species are going to be around much longer.

I won't even get into the fact that we are on the verge of WWIII. The Middle East is still, since the beginning of humanity's history, a big thorn in our side - a bunch of primitive, warring tribes, hell bent on spreading their religious beliefs at all costs.

If I had but one wish, it would for everyone to just play fair and nice............to do onto others EXACTLY as you would have them do onto you.

Sometimes I think humanity is like a bunch of scorpions stinging each other just for the pleasure of it.

Who is behind this evilness? Why has a darkness spread over our planet?

Research L. A. Marzulli.

Many of us are not driving our own cars. Many of our cars (bodies) POSSIBLY have been hijacked.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Everybody gets heated I apologize for letting the keyboard get the better of me! But when you get attacked I could not help myself.

I am a nice person really

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Sometimes we come here when we are in a less tolerable mood and it's hard to keep it in check sometimes. Especially when someone posts something that is either downright stupid, utterly unbelievable, or meant to deliberately misinform. As members I would think we have an obligation to (for lack of a better word) harrass those that would fill ATS with pure junk so they would think twice about attempting to lower the integrity of this site.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Alex Jones and David Ike. Their messages speak to the very core of what I know is true and right, on all my levels. I am someone who watched President Kennedy's funeral on TV, so don't anyone try to convert me that they are cointelpro shill Agents, as if I need to be taken by my little hand and guided like a baby sheeple lamb. The real Agents here can post and post and post and post text pictures text pictures text ad infinitum (though I wish they wouldn't) and it has NO effect on me. Why should I heed a bunch of jealous or agendized anonymous posters, instead of my own soul?

Nuff said.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The work that I produce and some others produce and good works being discredited. I like reading the crazy posts though myself

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds
reply to post by jiggerj

The work that I produce and some others produce and good works being discredited. I like reading the crazy posts though myself

The funny thing is I could handle crazy posts if I knew for a fact that it's just someone being creative. But when they come across as believing the crap they spew, well, it scares me. And many times I feel embarrassed that these people also represent mankind.

There are no gods as defined in any bible of any religion, though I'm not saying that a powerful force doesn't exist.

No matter how much one spews the idea of love for all of mankind, this world just ain't gonna get any better unless we're all put on medicines to subdue our needs, lusts, and selfishness. And then that would suck because we'd all be a bunch of zombies. This is as good as it gets folks.

There is no thought process after the brain dies. It can't happen. It's impossible.

If there is a soul, it's pure, thoughtless energy; the stuff everything is made of.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yes and you care................sometimes when we care too much we go off on a tangent - I'm real guilty of that.

Some of the nicest people are the ones that care the most but in the heat of the moment, seeing what is coming and watching many other people totally unaware can drive one mad.

And there is such a thing as baiting, I've watched a lot of real smooth people smart manipulators do that, they push your buttons, subtle attack you and wait for your come back and boom they have discredited you by you trying to defend yourself but not able to in a cool manner because they've pushed you to far.

Yep, watched people in positions of power use this tactic on people that are not as manipulative.

A lot of stuff is coming down and it's coming down faster and harder year by year.

If we are going to progress we all need to put our heads together, stop fighting amongst ourselves, unite and think about how we are going to save this planet and ourselves.

Safe journey.

Good reply

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I myself like David Icke and Alex Jones as well, but possibly they only have most of the puzzle pieces.

Check out L. A. Marzulli.

He may be full of it OR just maybe he's done found a few of the missing puzzle pieces.

His theory would explain why so many people are going even crazier than usual lately.

And after watching Madonna's half time ritual...................I studied the occult for many years, yes it was a ritual.

I don't know, I admit it, I'm still searching but between Icke, Jones, Farrell, Marrs, David Jacobs and now Marzulli, the pieces are beginning to fit together and boy, I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My husband said to give you that star - he's in your camp thought wise.

Me, I've been with many people when they have left their body (died/passed on) and something leaves, I don't know what you call it, a energy force, something but for a brief second you can feel it.

I've also had other experiences (not on drugs or meditation) that I absolutely will never disclose - but there is more than meets our 3 dimensional senses at play..................a lot more.

And I'm not keyboarding from a padded cell either.

I do like a lot of your replies though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join