It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sacha Baron Cohen a racist ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is simple....if it's funny it isn't racist. That seems to be the way it works ask Tosh.O, Chris Rock or this clown.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Cohen is a COMEDIAN, but how many times do people with no sense of humor confuse comedy for racism, or the like? Did you find him racist in his first movie Borat where he is was clearly playing an anti Semite? If you did you should know he is Jewish, speaks Hebrew, and his mother is Israeli. So now that he is playing the role of an Arab dictator we're supposed to believe this is the role that makes him racist? How about when he played Ali G or a gay man Bruno? Is he a gay basher as well?

Some people need to learn to laugh . Btw, Ali G isn't a Muslim character.

And for those who want to hear Sacha as Sacha he was recently on the Howard Stern show out of character and discussing his crazy comedy and more!

edit on 18-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He makes fun of white people waaaay more often than brown people.

So he dresses up as a foreigner....He can't dress up as a white person and fool white people. That'd make no damn sense. Him dressing up and talking in an accent is part of his act. The accent isn't meant to be racist.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Saw a re-run of Borat , the Jew House scene is too too funny , I nearly choked and did hurt my lungs from laughing so much , its honestly true . The best bit of the film by far . Never been so tickled for ages .

The subtleties are explained , by SBC , in few words which carry significant weight in terms of meaning .
Its not the Jews who are found to be the subject of the comedy , they hardly even feature in the scene except as cockroaches .

But it is the condition of those in fear and panic because of their (unfounded therefore unpredictable) suspicions about Jewish people and traditions , which is found amusing . Being trapped in the House of the (American) Jew when you are just simple idiots from Kazakstan > it is pure comedy .

He is a daring person who lays outright challenges to difficult people and concepts (politically speaking) He should be commended highly , and he is/was recognised this way , for real . Certainly not a racist .

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is done all the time.

As an italian american, i am offended by shows like the Sopranos.

Yet people give me funny looks when i say that.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
It is simple....if it's funny it isn't racist. That seems to be the way it works ask Tosh.O, Chris Rock or this clown.

This is pretty funny, but he still gets in trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join