It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone want out of ET-UFO Disclosure?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Originally posted by jaws1975
Disclosure of aliens means disclosure of suppressed technology's! I think when disclosure happens, then we will be able to turn this planet around....or maybe I am way too optimistic!

Maybe not, imagine if Apollo astronauts encountered an alien civilization at our level of tech right now. We are more advanced that mankind was in the sixties and yet we travelled into space then and visited another world (allegedly). There is always the possibility that some sixties era aliens could stumble into our realm and marvel at our tiny powerful computers and cell phones.
They could be microbes or assholes, or assholes covered in microbes, TBH I think that an advanced civilisation would be more interested in preventing us from "doing a human" and exploiting the galaxy, fighting over crap and leaving rubbish wherever we go. Jeez we even left junk on the moon (allegedly). We are like the neighbours from hell.

The op asked what we wanted from disclosure, so I wrote that I would like to see suppressed tech come to the surface. That doesn't mean that's what I think is going to happen, big difference!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I for one just want the truth period. When did we first know that we were not alone. Where are they from/ How long have they been in existence/ how many other civilizations do they know of/ what does it all mean/ and do they who or what created everything.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

I can tell you what the reason for non disclosure is .. well are ..

It's basically two things.

1) Access to unlimited energy not generated through carbon based fuels. This would destroy the power structure as we know it and free humanity and frankly, "they" can't have that.

2) The destruction of the religious belief system. Mostly for the same reason as 1)

And to answer the question of the OP .. I want disclosure for exactly the two aforementioned reasons.

edit on 18-5-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Government is not there to tell you everything you want to hear even if you think they should. Just because you think every government of every country is lying about evidence and covering up proof of extraterrestrials historically and presently visiting this planet doesn’t make it true. Just because you think something doesn’t add up, they lied to you about such and such does not naturally mean your theories of visiting aliens is true. Basically speaking the governments are not there to answer your laundry list of theories, give you vindication and massage your egos.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Government is not there to tell you everything you want to hear even if you think they should. Just because you think every government of every country is lying about evidence and covering up proof of extraterrestrials historically and presently visiting this planet doesn’t make it true. Just because you think something doesn’t add up, they lied to you about such and such does not naturally mean your theories of visiting aliens is true. Basically speaking the governments are not there to answer your laundry list of theories, give you vindication and massage your egos.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What a sad, sad day it would be if
the conclution and fact would be the
oppsite:

"Nothing to disclose, because there is nothing"
No information, no technology gatherd, no
communications with other worldly beings,
no visitations, nothing....

All these ppl, all their hope, smashed to pieces.
And all they can say, "What the H*beep* am i
suppose to do now".....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
what's the motive behind wanting ET-UFO disclosure?

Just to know that we're not alone. When you consider how vast the universe is, the thought of us being the only intelligent life in it can make you feel really lonely, sad and isolated. Of course it would be even more sad to find out that the other intelligent life out there wants to grind us into a food paste and occupy our planet

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

No Way! The greys are bad news!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would love for disclosure to happen but I honestly can't see it. It would cripple religions worldwide (not that it would bother me) but for instance we have people in the middle east who are killing themselves for their "God" just imagine how would they react if they found out they were being lied to their whole lives?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I do have a good feeling that we will know at some point in the near future.. But...what do I know
I'm just in the same position as everyone else here...

My initial belief is that they will not hurt or take from us but have been studying us...think about it

my question is - Which country knows more, the United States or Russia?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
What a sad, sad day it would be if
the conclution and fact would be the
oppsite:

"Nothing to disclose, because there is nothing"
No information, no technology gatherd, no
communications with other worldly beings,
no visitations, nothing....

All these ppl, all their hope, smashed to pieces.
And all they can say, "What the H*beep* am i
suppose to do now".....

Reality is that people will continue to believe there is still something hidden. It's like trying to sway the beliefs of a skeptic, it can't happen. If someone believes the government is hiding something will continue to believe that no matter what the government puts out. Anyway, any form of disclosure will never happen,because they will have to admit that they are powerless to control UFOs (space ships or whatever) and are otherwise defenseless if there is any hostile actions from them.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I want a concise history of mankind. I would like to know our real story so I can teach it to my children. Maybe ET´s know something.

edit on 18-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I heard an interesting conversation on a podcast today where one of the participants was basically taking the position that we don't deserve full disclosure as a species. We're too violent, selfish, etc.

From an American perspective, there's something deeply troubling and unjust in our minds if there are groups / individuals in our government who feel they are entitled to know the truth and keep it from the rest of us. That mindset just goes against our deepest concepts of liberty and equality based on the principles that founded our country.

I have a different take on it, however. Did the civilizations of aprox 2000 years ago deserve Christ? Based on the history of the Roman empire, the "power that was" at the time, I'd have to say probably not. This isn't about religion though nor what you believe happened, etc. Based on the historic record it's clear that people who lived at that time certainly believed these events were taking place and it did have a huge affect on the status quo of the time.

Regardless of the source of those events (referring to theories and stories that the Christian messiah was actually an ET sourced set of events), you could make the argument that those events and the establishment of the Christian church was needed in order to break their civilization out of a form of stasis and evolve spiritually. Of course, everything wasn't all flowers and soft kisses after that, we went through a lot of very dark history post A.D. but you could make a strong case that it provided a spark and a support structure capable of seeing humanity out of the post Roman / Greek / Mongol, etc structure through the establishment of our modern society and the concepts central to our spirituality. (Similar events took place across the entire World at different times but close to the same period and with very similar results - Islam, Buddhism, etc).

So, as we currently function, maybe we really don't deserve the type of disclosure that most people hope for. (Basically a Christmas gift of high technology, peace, prosperity, space colonies, etc). When I look around at how we are right now, however I can see where we would need another set of historic events similar to the ones I've described in order to send us down the next path of our evolution as a species and as a society. It sure seems like we're basically trapped in a status quo by wealthy controllers and corrupted political systems again. Maybe that's why multiple religions refer to another stage, a return of the various prophets / messiahs, etc?

I would like enough disclosure to where we all have the same knowledge and choice / lack of choice as those within the gates. I realize it may be nothing like what I imagine, probably won't be and may even be very, very bad news. I would just prefer to know either way. Humanity will evolve at some point and like us our descendants will view us as savages, much as we view our predecessors. It's entirely possible the next phase of that process will involve or be centered around ET disclosure though, IMO.
edit on 18-5-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
As unique and special as it would be to be alone in the universe, I don't want to be. I think it would give me closure and hope for something better if 'they' arrive.

You do know that there are nearly 7 billion other people on this planet, as well as a number of very intelligent animal species, don't you? You're not "alone" by a longshot. Why not try reaching out and communicating with more of them?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Simple.. I need a ride to check out the farside of the Moon

Why? Did you forget something there?

Personally, I think "disclosure" would be kind of a mixed bag. Would it be good or bad to know that we're essentially pets to some super-powered aliens? That information might take some getting used to. Would it be good or bad to find out that for the most part UFOs are incursions by future "humans" into our past and present and the result has been problematic at best?

You can look at the grand scale of the universe and understand that not only as individuals but as an entire species or planet, we're just a tiny, insignificant little speck of nothing in the vastness. Would knowing that there are other worthless specks like us around really mean anything?

I guess a lot of what I would like from any kind of disclosure depends a lot on what I already believe. But most people would only believe disclosure if it told them what they already believe, anyway. And I believe that the chances of it being anything good and positive are very slim.

So I guess I would like the news to be more positive than negative and horrible and terrifying. That would be nice.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It would be nice if the government offered their proof of alien existence just so non-believers wouldn't look at the believers like they are crazy, and talk about them behind their back. That's just one thing. There are many others which have already been posted here.

I know that many other countries have already released documents that were once classified concerning UFOs. The U.S. in one that refuses to do this. I watched a video (can't remember where, or who, to post it) that said the U.S. has an agreement/contract with the aliens to not disclose them to the public in exchange for technical help.

The aliens are waiting for the human race to almost destroy itself, then they will swoop in like they have come to save the day! Only they won't be coming to save us. This is a great deception. They will gain human trust after a couple of years of doing good deeds for us, and then all hell breaks loose! When they have us where they want us they will then take control. They do this by using the chips they implant in people. If you haven't agreed to taking the chip, you won't be able to buy food, or purchase other life-sustaining goods. If you accept the chip, then you belong to them. They control you through it. They do have an agenda for the earthlings... and it ain't good!
edit on 5/18/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by chrismicha77
As unique and special as it would be to be alone in the universe, I don't want to be. I think it would give me closure and hope for something better if 'they' arrive.

You do know that there are nearly 7 billion other people on this planet, as well as a number of very intelligent animal species, don't you? You're not "alone" by a longshot. Why not try reaching out and communicating with more of them?

"Alone" as a species on this big rock called Earth.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Honestly? Just proof that we aren't alone and that companionship with a different race and species from another planet is possible.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Migah

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

Originally posted by NullVoid
I dont want disclosure
I dont need disclosure
I want actions, the abductions must stop.
in other words "Hey you, come down"

Ever heard of CE4 research? Might be a missing piece to the puzzle...although you may not like the proposed solution for the phenomenon.

as soon as i realised that they were writing GOD, JESUS CHRIST etc. in caps, i closed the site instantly. thats pathetic to say the least. not opening that site EVER again

I said it was going to be uncomfortable...but why is it that people have the experience of alien abductions stop when they cry out to Jesus? These are people who range from Christian, to non-Christians...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting to compare the aliens and their society to ourselves. Like how do the aliens feel about impractical endeavours like art? Do the aliens have unprovable religious beliefs and what are those beliefs? How did life evolve on the alien home world? I hope the aliens are similar enough to humans that we can share our stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join