It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Police Open a Mobster's Vatican-Owned Tomb in Search of a Missing Girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Italian Police Open a Mobster's Vatican-Owned Tomb in Search of a Missing Girl

www.thedaily beast.com

Searching for the remains of a teenager missing for three decades, Italian police opened the Vatican-owned tomb of mobster Enrico De Pedis, but the boxes of bones they found interred with his corpse only deepen the mystery, Barbie Latza Nadeau reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com
mafiatoday.com
www.nytimes.com
edit on 17-5-2012 by azureskys because: remove mistake

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This one is definitely one for the true mystery sleuth.
What in the world is a notorious mobsters body doing buried in a
Vatican owned cemetery? Who got paid what?
Why would a young girl be in his tomb with him.
Was she really Kidnapped on the orders of an American Archbishop ?
And who could possibly be in the other boxes found in the tomb.

I don't have any answers to this mystery just a lot of questions
as do the police.

When they opened that tomb it seems not only did they open
"a whole can o' worms" but it looks like it may be a
"Pandora's Box".

www.thedaily beast.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well since no one is responding I will put more of the news article in to try to generate a little
interest about this strange scenario.

The smell of death wafted through the 7th-century courtyard of Vatican-owned Sant’Apollinare church in central Rome on Monday as bricklayers pried open the tomb of notorious mobster Enrico “Renatino” De Pedis. Police scientists and criminal investigators at the scene quickly identified De Pedis first by sight and then by taking a fingerprint from his remarkably well-preserved hand. His dark blue suit and black tie were as pristine as the day he was buried.

Mobsters and the Vatican ? What?

But when investigators opened the mobster’s tomb on Monday, it was not to look for answers as to why such a man was interred in a church owned by the Vatican. Instead they were searching for the remains of 15-year-old Emanuela Orlandi, who has been missing for three decades and who has been rumored to have been buried in DePedis’s tomb.

How does a teen girl fit in with the Italian mob and the Church ?

Did De Pedis’s have something on the Vatican or someone who was a high ranking priest?

e Pedis died of gunshot wounds in 1990 and his body was interred in the Vatican-owned church sometime before 1997, when an investigative journalist discovered the tomb’s existence among those of important prelates. De Pedis’s was the only crypt with the last name written in diamonds. Why such a notorious mobster with an undisputed affiliation with the Banda della Magliana criminal gang was buried in the company of bishops, cardinals, and popes in a Vatican church has been a question that has dogged the Holy See for the last 15 years.

Diamonds Really?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You know, if this was 'Supernatural' I would vemture to say the bones are that of his victims meant to accompany him in the afterlife.

One thing that cannot be argued is that somebody had placed the box inside the tomb. If it was something to do with witchcraft others were involved to complete the... circle, if you will.

The part that gets me is that the body is so well preserved. Is that normal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
You know, if this was 'Supernatural' I would vemture to say the bones are that of his victims meant to accompany him in the afterlife.

One thing that cannot be argued is that somebody had placed the box inside the tomb. If it was something to do with witchcraft others were involved to complete the... circle, if you will.

No it is not. However it is one of the signs the Catholic church uses to declare a person a saint.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I don't know but the police scientists thought it was unusual for him to by that well preserved.

By the way there were "dozens of boxes of human remains" discovered in his tomb
"and the bones found in the De Pedis crypt may be hundreds of years old."

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Geez a mob member a Saint
Wow. Well why not ? You never know what really goes on when it comes to "Organized" religion puz:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Mobsters and the Vatican.

Does Not surprise me in the least!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
Mobsters and the Vatican.

Does Not surprise me in the least!

Hi Captain LJB,

I guess you're more aware of some of the mysteries behind the Vatican than most. However the Rabbit Hole might go deeper yet than most of us can imagine. For example, if you check out a few of the posts after this on in the Clone Conspiracy thread, you might find that the Vatican appears to be involved in preserving bodies by mummification and thus preserving DNA possibly for human cloning purposes? Who knows what secret knowledge they have kept secretly hidden away in the Vatican Library. In any case it appears that they might have been Cloning people for some time, possibly better explaining the Holy Relics of Saints who were those granted the possibility of Eternal Life right here on Earth by continuing living on in Cloned bodies?

The Vatican's ties to the Clone Conspiracy?

In any case, whatever each chooses to believe, there is something which is hardly Kosher going on in the Vatican, and this recent morbid discovery is only a small example.

Getsmart

edit on 17-5-2012 by Getsmart because: his body was embalmed and buried with a human sacrifice victim?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The Vatican is nothing more than a front for organized crime.

But since they have soveregn nation status nothing will ever change.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The Vatican is nothing more than a front for organized crime.

But since they have soveregn nation status nothing will ever change.

And i could say about the same thing about the other religion without mentioning it they are all the same the differences they know how to cover up there crimes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Yea they probably put all the evidence in those tombs so nobody can find it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they found more stuff like this throughout the Vatican.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if the results of the bone testing are ever publicized, if so, I highly doubt anything incriminating will be allowed to surface, the vatican will always save face.

I visited the vatican a few years ago. I was blown away by the art and beauty at first, and then I just became sick to my stomach as the tour progressed. So much of what they have is stolen from others, and we know damn well they will never give any of it back to the countries it originated from. The other nauseating part was that we were only allowed to see a tiny portion of this massive building, meaning that all of the other loot is still stored away all over that palace, and that is mind boggling. I felt miserable after I left, and wish I had not have given them even more money just to look at their wealth and history, I could have looked at a coffee table book.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

Interesting. Far-fetched, but interesting. I don't see how cloning people is a means to eternal life however. A clone is a clone. Now transferring the consciousness of one into a clone body--well, that's where it all turns into SF...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Hi LJB,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, you're right, science fiction is fiction until science catches up with fiction. When it is established that certain groups retain knowledge and technology from others for their exclusive use, then we will see a technological gap. To some this is called "Competitive Advantage". What this means is that groups are in competition with one another. For this reason, for many centuries and even thousands of years groups have kept knowledge SECRET.

It has been called "Hermetic Knowledge" because it is kept hermetically sealed from the minds of others. Information is encrypted, encoded, transmitted through special initiation, it relies upon blood oaths associated with death threats for any who might leak information. Its modern corollary is through the "Secret" Service and Intelligence Agencies. They also have blood oaths and non disclosure associated with "extreme prejudice" which means death by torture for whomever speaks out.

Knowledge, and hence science and technology, have been kept out of our reach for eons. This might be one reason that the Library of Alexandria was burned down. It is possibly why many secret societies have kept their "lore" veiled in the deepest secrecy, with only morsels revealed slowly and bit by bit to the highest members and with certain top level members tasked with guarding from all others the keys to knowledge. This is also why much has been compartimentalized, on a need to know basis, to ensure that all anyone can see is a part of a fragmented puzzle, destructured in such a way as to prevent anyone from understanding what it amounts to.

Here is where the Vatican comes in. For it has taken charge of all the Secrets of Ancient Rome, of each and every one of its Colonies, of those gathered and assembled by its members from the many noble families of Europe and initiates turned Catholic from elsewhere. It has absorbed many peoples and organizations, it has coopted knowledgeable people from all walks of life, it has transacted information whenever useful and thus gained access to whatever might be useful, it has set up a network of Jesuits who were the first organized global secret service since the 16th century, it has used the confessional and deathbed confessions to increase intelligence gathering, and it has kept aside all data in secret air tight vacuum vaults in the Vatican Library.

If anyone has "advanced technology" so far beyond our own to be called Sci-Fi, then it is more likely that it might be the Vatican rather than the US Military Intelligence Black Ops? Just throwing that idea out there. I'd imagine that they would be - more than anyone due to their field of endeavor - most interested in the Human Soul and ways in which it might be injected into a Cloned body. Also this is just speculation on my part, since I have no access to the vast amounts of highly protected Secret Data kept locked up in the Vatican Library said to contain the knowledge of Humanity plus much more...

Getsmart

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Apparently the mobster paid 1bn Lire to be buried in the Vatican...

The Vatican is facing a deepening controversy over the burial 22 years ago of a notorious crime boss, with reports emerging that the church accepted a 1bn lire (€500,000) payment from the mobster's widow to allow his interment in a basilica.

The Independent.ie

edit on 17/5/12 by Insomniac because: typo

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

And secret knowledge has been passed on across generations through secret societies which date back to the "mystery schools" of Egypt and beyond. Hiding and encoding it in metaphorical passages usually incorporated into holy writ and "out in the open" sources which the uninitiated would miss...

I know all this. At least the theories behind it. The thing is, it's mostly theory mixed with some fantasies, if not plain disinformation to distract people. And what "knowledge" was originally planted therein would be so terribly distorted across the ages as to be worthless to people, even people in the know. Science fiction remains science fiction up to a point, but even well-described it won't become science unless certain breakthroughs are made. A good example is this cloning theory. Clones would still take a lifetime to grow just like any other human being, regardless of instilling them with an established consciousness from another human being, which is probably the farthest fetched bit of all. Yeah, some time ago I also read about secret government experiments and the so-called Soul Chip (which sounds like something borrowed from a discarded movie script). I think it's all too much trouble than it's worth. The same category of weirdness brings us theories like a Jesus being cloned from DNA extracted from the Shroud of Turin. Come to think of it, I think there was a (new) Outer Limits episode just about that...

You have to just take a step back and separate truth from fantasy sooner or later...otherwise you could find yourself going off the deep end. I think that's what happened to David Icke (unless it was all the money and publicity he exponentially made on his books which did it!).

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is my information about the Jesuits, coming from a leaked Ill manual...

The Illuminati infiltrated the Catholic Church. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits, was also a member of the illuminati. He assembled ostensibly orthodox Catholic intellectuals working on the inside to act as a Trojan Horse to gradually erode and discredit the Church. The Vatican began to suspect the Jesuits and suppressed the Order from 1773 and 1814. When the Jesuit Order was reinstated, it was under much tighter Vatican control, and the illuminati lost their influence over it.

FWIW

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Vatican-owned Sant’Apollinare church

Interesting.
The Mafia stems from a Spanish secret society called La Garduña.

Tradition says that a holy man named Apollinario from Cordoba, had a vision of the Virgin Mary. In this vision he was told he would be the savior of Spain and drive out the Moors. He claimed that the Virgin Mary had given him a button which she said had been taken from the robe of Christ. (The mafia soldiers are also called ‘Buttons’, it could be that is where the term originates, its religious sense)

Maybe that's why the mobster was buried in the Sant'Apollinare (Apollinario) cemetary.
Just to add to the pandoras box.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Thank you for that information.
Yes things are getting curiouser and curiouser. And you just opened up a few more chapters in
this mystery.
Dan Brown ! start writing thiss could be another best seller.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join