It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Vedic Mythology and accounts of ancient advanced technology happened in another world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What if the Vedic Mythology happened in another world?

For those of you not familiar with the Vedas it describes technology that it far more advanced for its time here is a video

Now back to my main point:

What if all these events happened not on this world but on another planet. Right now many people argued that if it's all real we would have found these ruins and machines by now. However, what if they are stories from refugees fleeing from an intergalactic war. I mean the setting really takes place on another planet only humans change it to fit their understanding. If that's the case that explains why we don't see many ruins and ancient technology now.

Here is a scenario: A group of refugees from another planet fled to Earth after an intergalactic conflict destroys their civilization. Along the way they brought historical accounts of the war. When they settled in Earth they still keep the accounts of the war. Overtime their descendants rewrote/misinterpret the historical accounts to fit their understanding or for their own personal agendas (this happened to the Bible btw). As a result the accounts drifted away from it's original form to what we see today.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No need to complicate an already complex issue.

There are cities in the Indus valley in india where the bodies are found radioactive...

Humans in their current incarnation from Einstein to hawking have been around 240,000 years or so according to anthropologist.

plenty of time for a few super advance civs to rise and fall, all with out alien involvement.

I was trying to think of the show, but the History channel ran it, on what would happen after humans where gone, after say 10,000 years you could almost never tell there was a civilization of man.

All that was left would be the stone and granite structures... Sounds kinda familiar huh?
edit on 16-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have thought of this as well. I like the Ancient Alien Theory, since it is a theory there are holes in it and that is ok. However as a sci fi fan, I find it as believable. Who knows, this planet could be a refuge zone for all we know.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Now I disagree with the Radioactive city part(No evidence of it as of now) but it you put it in an outer space setting it makes sense. Besides if there are advanced civilizations here wouldn't there be remnants of advanced network of sewers and pipes just like what the Romans have? I mean in a nuclear war they would survive.

Also, I don't agree Humans in ancient days can achieve the same technological levels as us(modern times). There should be some kind of outside intervention lest Humans existed futrther in the past.
edit on 16-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

The Annunaki legend comes into mind as well it speaks of people coming from the sky.Also I agree the Ancient Astronaut theory makes sense because the ancients can't possibliy go into the same technological levels as us without alien intervention
edit on 16-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well the Bhagavad-gita does talk about millions of habitable planets and infinite lives.

But I think the stories are from pre-flood earth.

I would say that the Bhagavad-gita is the heart of vedic wisdom and I don't see it mentioned enough.
edit on 16-5-2012 by IndieA because: addtion

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I doubt it takes place on Earth. The only reason why it takes place on Earth is because so the ancients can understand it easily

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by IndieA

I doubt it takes place on Earth. The only reason why it takes place on Earth is because so the ancients can understand it easily

Well I just checked and the Bhagavad-gita and it specifically says it takes place on earth.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

If I recal correctly, our mitochondrial analysis was discussed somewhere in the halls here at ATS. It also provided a 200,000 year pedigree.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There's a very good chance they happened in another world. The World of Imagination! Is it so difficult to believe that they just made all that stuff up? Human beings are pretty good at spinning fantastic yarns, you know.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Well most likely they put Earth places just so readers can understand setting it on another planet would be very confusing

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If there was an intergalactic conflict and people fled to earth to survive, wouldn't they be advanced enough so they wouldn't want to kill each other, or destroy the planet they are living on?
If they act that way here how bad is it where they came from?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by irgust

Well they have some advance tech but overtime they'll regress because they wouldn't have the materials and facilities to make more of them plus most likely there wouldn't be enough brainpower to maintain them. Besides in in every cataclysmic event people regressed. (Think of the Fall of the Roman Empire and its after math)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
What if the Vedic Mythology happened in another world?

Here is a scenario: A group of refugees from another planet fled to Earth after an intergalactic conflict destroys their civilization. Along the way they brought historical accounts of the war. When they settled in Earth they still keep the accounts of the war. Overtime their descendants rewrote/misinterpret the historical accounts to fit their understanding or for their own personal agendas (this happened to the Bible btw). As a result the accounts drifted away from it's original form to what we see today.

Yet the Hindus attributed the invention of the Vimana to the "clever Greeks."

The Mahabharata compliments "the all-knowing Yavanas" (sarvajnaa yavanaa, said to mean the Greeks), as the creators of the vimanas[4]: The Yavanas, O king, are all-knowing; the Suras are particularly so (sarvajnā yavanā rajan shurāz caiva vishesatah).[5]

Source for quote: Link

Original source: Link

Why would they do that?

Harte

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Possibly meaning the Altanteans

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
I would say that the Bhagavad-gita is the heart of vedic wisdom and I don't see it mentioned enough.

The Gita is an excerpt from a much larger epic, called the Mahabharata, which translates to the Great Bharata. According to the story, Indian civilisation was once a global empire, but over time it progressively shrank, in proportion to the degree that the people abandoned the Varnashrama Dharma, or caste system.

The caste is not what Christians and most other non-Hindus think it is. It was not originally intended to be a negative thing, and only became bad when Indians stopped following it in the manner that Manu prescribed. If the Indians were still following it in the correct way, there would be no untouchables.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Although some Indians want to claim that "their" ancient ancestors had flying machines called vimana it is clearly stated in the ancient text that this technology belonged to the "asuras" and they were NOT from India. One example of this is maya asura otherwise known as Maya danava.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Although some Indians want to claim that "their" ancient ancestors had flying machines called vimana it is clearly stated in the ancient text that this technology belonged to the "asuras" and they were NOT from India. One example of this is maya asura otherwise known as Maya danava.

Demons, in other words. Interesting, when you consider the contemporary Christian perspective on UFOs.

new topics

top topics

join