It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I refused to disclose my annual income to PAYPAL and they froze my funds !

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by coop039

Like you said in your post,

In 2007, PayPal Europe was granted a European Union banking license, and is regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).[56] [2] [57]

If you are gonna roll out a rulebook and get technical I guess I will too.
Proof is in your own words.
Paypal is a bank. crooks, thieves, Etc.

I think we're splitting hairs here my friend.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I just remembered that before I started using paypal I used to use NOCHEX and so did a lot of people, and then for some reason which I can't remember everyone seemed to stop using it.

I think at first Nochex was completely free to use and then they introduced charges which put folk off.

I must go and see what their current deal is.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I feel for you bro. Really I do. This is not a problem just isolated to paypal. Many of these globalist shill companies have similarily toxic policies, designed to torment people who are pretty much bullied into using their services. If you get talking about their company, good or bad, it's all free advertising to them because the alternatives that would suitably replace these nasty cesspit globalist corporations just aren't allowed to blossom.

The other day I was using a pre-paid mastercard to get take out and at the door only then I find out that they've revised the policies of all the cards around here (thanks citibank) to ensure that a 15% tip is automatically placed on hold. WTF?? Seriously I almost got stuck with no money to pay for my meal I was literally scraping change out of my couch and my food went cold because of the poison these businesses produce for the human experience.

How much more evidence do you people need that it is past due to have the companies destroyed for what they are doing to humanity.

Another case in point: ROGERS.
They have gotten so bad that now people who do credit checks typically just pretend that rogers is not on the list.

Then there's crown corporations, they are the worst and shilliest of all. They are crown corps (or state owned) because if they were not you would have more freedom. That's why they own all the power and have you rely on a grid. And that's why they are exploiting it with smart meters because they've already robbed humanity blind, and now in order to get away with it they need you to allow their technology to surround you. That is their idea of a cyber war and you've all heard what the military thinks of it. They are hard at work to finish the prison planet. This torment you are being issued is government mandated, to get you so pissed you speak out and wind up classified as a threat to the system. The losers that sit and constantly take their crap are fine they are classified as green, they are useful idiots and slave workers.

I am not living the rest of my days on this planet with an ever increasing invasion of these corporations into my life. And the worst corporation of all is government.

If you people value freedom you won't stop at just "killing the bank" as a past president put it, you'll finish the job and get rid of the government in favour of a system of "voluntary consent". Next to that the royals established themselves by stealing from people, then they entered capitalism with a treasure trove of ill gotten gains, then they used those funds to ensure that we would be caught in an ever tightening financial trap, and at this point in the game they've tried many times to enslave the people but failed each and every single time.
I am a firm believer that the window is closing and that we must start up local non-fiat currencies, and NOT ALLOW TRANSITION TOWN INTO LEADERSHIP ROLES ADMINISTERING THIS TRANSITION. This currency must be pegged or better yet made out of something of solid, long-term value. Such as platinum or rhodium or other rare earths.

Seriously I am just beyond pissed about things like this, I want these parasites the F*** OUTTA MY LIFE. FOR GOOD.

That means no more of their mail. No more of their commercials. They can stay off of my land, and they can mind their own business if my neighbors have an issue they are free to address it and I will only honour requests to modify my behavior where I am harming another individual whom is not harming me. Simple as that. I've taken their dysfunctional education and discovered they are bumbling idiots when encountering a smart kid (in fact I think they are this way intentionally to stunt growth and development for those whom demonstrated the capacity for it at an above average rate). I've been through their CAS (since their schooling system literally destroyed my family), may as well call it the child jail and experimentation society. Oh don't even get me started with student loans. First the CAS claims they'll contribute to my education, then they modify and renag what they said so I get nothing and require a student loan. Then I go to a school with the loan, the school goes bankrupt, and I don't receive what I paid for. Then the bankruptcy trustee pretends the students at the school do not exist and are unimportant. Then unless you got $20,000 for a lawyer you are screwed. Then the politicians sit on their ass and rotate pretending to feel sorry for the injustice meanwhile wasting more time and tormenting some more with process designed to get you to dig yourself into an even deeper hole with them. I've applied for countless programs and they perpetually come up with excuses so as the government stands in a position to take and take and take and NEVER give. Whenever they do give they do so in the most ineffectual and wasteful means possible and therefore the efficacy is completely substandard. They are biased, sexist, racist. They censor incessantly, there is no freedom of speech in canada or the USA as far as I'm concerned.

And the wrst thing of all. The masses keep voting expecting this fascism and government tyranny to stop it's accelerating rollout. Voting is like trying to stop a tsunami with a tennis racket. They give you a tool but it will never get the job done, EVER!

I do not want any of these services anymore the price of my future existence and soul is NOT WORTH THEM.

All we are getting are useless plastic baubles that break. Humanity is being sold the eternal lemon disguised as a utopia. unbelievable....supporting these scumbags just ensures your children and every following generation gets absolutely no future and no life.
edit on 17-5-2012 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am very unhappy with your post, as you'll see why.

I am going to quote what I feel is wrong on your part.

PayPal notified me that the payment had been made and so quite naively, I log into my PayPal account where I notice that PayPal had already debited their cut of approximately $8 ... the thieving sods certainly don't believe in wasting any time dipping their hands into my money.

You do understand PayPal is a business? And just like any other business, they are there to make money. If you don't like that, don't use their services. There are many users out there (including myself) who prefer paying and receiving money through PayPal for a number of reasons.

But the days go by and just as I'm starting to wonder what's the delay, I get an email from PayPal stating that my brand-spanking new PayPal account was under review ... WTF ????

You probably did something unintentionally which triggered a review. One of these possibilities include accessing your PayPal account from diferrent internet service providers, sending or receiving money to/from a user who has pending issues with PayPal, and so on.

These cretins waited a full 6 days after I requested them to transfer the funds to begin the shafting process.

I agree with you here. PayPal should have informed you ASAP about this instead of doing it after 6 days.

Apparently, my account wasn't fully finalized yet and therefore the fund transfer (which had been previously approved) had been reversed and put on hold because NOW they decide that they require additional forms of id from me to prove that I was really who I said I was when I created the PayPal account. Their request was for 2 forms of SCANNED id, namely the front & back of a current drivers license and a current utility bill showing my address. Once supplied, I was told my account would become fully activated.

Again, a standard procedure.

"How much money do I expect to receive in my PayPal account each month ?" Exactly WHY should that be any of their business ?

Because this would determine the type of account you'll need to open viz. Personal, Premium or Business. I believe the set limit for Personal accounts is 500 USD per month. Also you can only accept limited number of credit card payments every month if you have a personal account.

Perhaps I've got it wrong but isn't PayPal's reason for existence primarily to facility the transfer of funds between a seller and buyer ? What do they care if I receive $5 in my PayPal account or $5000 each month ?

Look above. This again relates to the type of PayPal account you are trying to open. The fee system is different for personal accounts compared to premium and business.

One particular question that I refused to answer was regarding my annual income. I thought this question alone was a complete and unnecessary intrusion into my privacy and for the life of me could not see why this information was necessary if all PayPal were doing was facilitating a fund transfer between buyer and seller.

Isn't that question optional? Meaning, you don't have to answer if you don't want to?

Judging by the support staffers accent, I'd been diverted to somewhere in India or Malaysia or god only knows where else.

So you are implying an Indian or Malaysian residing in the US, UK, Canada or god only knows where else, will have a non-indian/non-malaysian accent?

"Transfer me to your supervisor immediately !" ... "can't do that and anyway, he'd only repeat what I've been telling you", she says.

Another point where I am with you. They should have transfered you to a superior.

Ok, reading everything you have written in your post, I don't see any justification for your claim that your account was frozen because you didn't disclose your annual income?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by woogleuk

I am by no means a fan of PayPal, but there are regulations businesses have to comply by to prevent money laundering. This is not new and PayPal found themselves subject to investigations previously because they were not gathering the information they needed.

Like I said though, I am no fan of theirs. There is little anyone can do if PayPal decides one day that they want your money. Who does a person go to if PayPal simply steals it? There is no one to deal with it, especially for those in countries other than where PayPal is registered.

As for people saying "just don't use them", I don't see those same people offering any alternatives. For people like me who run my business on the internet, and sell services to other businesses all over the world, can you suggest an alternative that all of my customers will be happy with? No, didn't think so.

Here's a tip for you - if you have a PayPal account, do what you need to do to link it to your bank account, and every time you get a payment transfer the cash out of there. Don't let it build up, and don't sell anything of high value like that until you have a history with them and have jumped through all their hoops already.

We did this too for yrs, good luck u will eventually get screwed too.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VCore

Seriously dude? I think some of us are done with the "it's only a business" excuse. I for one am sick of being treated like # rather than a valued customer and the bigger these companies get the less they care about your business but get it anyways by cornering people into a lack of choice.

Anyways back on topic I noticed the thread author was from australia and I'd like to point out that they didn't number their sheeple with a unique social security (US word for it, in canada it is SIN card) till 1988. Whatever made you people tolerate that suggestion! Is the common man touched in the head or something on this planet?

Can't say that canada is much better. I think people are right if the US people fall the whole world falls because the dummies around here will just accept anything the goverment says is for their own protection. Don't worry that invasive paypal procedure is to PROTECT YOU (pfft ... hah right!).

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Far better if everyone would sign up with Square, and you can take Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX. The money always hits your bank account the next day and there are never the "float" games that PayPal plays.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I too have had some issues with paypal in the past .. they are a pain to deal with .. there was some buck passing between ebay and paypal for a period after ebay acquired them also.

I think in Oz, you guys have alot more of your freedoms taken away and the US is fast on the heels of that police state with DHS , TSA drones, etc .... sounds like beyond frustrating .. and to freeze funds for 6 months .. that deserves public attention, perhaps a news peice on your local .. you're not like the son of sadaam hussein and it seems that's how they are treating you !!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by SilentKillah

Originally posted by rayuki
so from reading the PayPal letter they are basically accusing of you of being a scammer.

you had previous PayPal accounts that you used to scam people, and then did a legitimate trade, opened a new account and thought you could get away with it? lol

talk about pwned.

no sympathy from me here, you get what you deserve.

it clearly states you have multiple accounts yet you state this was your first one?

also judging from your post you went fair off at the staff each time you called, maybe learn that yelling at people over the phone gets you nowhere. be stern, but civilized in your tone and you will get alot further then just yelling at people.

im amazed so many people just skipped straight over the paypal letter and havn't commented on it.

yes paypal can be a PITA, but in this case it seems pretty clear cut and the OP is clearly lying since he says he has no other accounts and this was his first, yet paypal clearly have evidence otherwise or they wouldn't have shut this account down.

the whole thing just wreaks of BS. why would they say you have previous accounts if you dont? in the second letter they sent you it implicates you have outstanding refund requests on those as well so in essence you have scammed people before and now been caught out in an honest transaction, karma much?

edit on 17-5-2012 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

If this were true... then Why the pluck would he be posting here?????

You're obviously one of those internet bullies just talking crap. Could it ever be an issue that we was a victim of identity theft via paypal? Someone else opened a paypal account in his name previously?

The OP doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy. He did get what he deserved. I read his whole post. He broke Paypal's TOS.
Before you sell something through paypal. You need to read their TOS. He has no one to blame but himself.

I can't believe so many people are supporting the OP. Talk about ignorance....

The TOS don't say anything to the liking of "After reading these terms of service and we have accepted your account, upon receiving your first transaction we will ask you further questions which you must answer and cannot deviate from or else we will take your money"! He signed up. They accepted. He made a sale. They said wait... more information. He provided and said... I don't want to provide 'this'. They took his money.

That is NOT in the TOS whatsoever... please...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
It appears that you used false information (income) on their account forms. That is enough to shut down your account. I would advise if anyone else has a problem disclosing their income than do not write a note saying that you are lying. I usually check the box with the highest income. You get better offers in the mail that way.

That is absolute garbage. He stated he selected one box on a list of boxes but there was no other option. At the very least paypal should have called him and asked for the proper information. Instead they justify taking the person's money with this?

Actually he selected one of the boxes and wrote a note next to it saying his selection was untruthful. He posted a photo of the form in case you missed it.

I don't use PayPal for the same reasons, but I thik the OP set himself up for this.

No, he wrote something to the tune of "I believe the disclosure of this information to be an unnecessary invasion into my privacy, and its none of your business!"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by coop039

Like you said in your post,

In 2007, PayPal Europe was granted a European Union banking license, and is regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).[56] [2] [57]

If you are gonna roll out a rulebook and get technical I guess I will too.
Proof is in your own words.
Paypal is a bank. crooks, thieves, Etc.

I think we're splitting hairs here my friend.

Agreed, the only point I want to get across is paypal gets from me the same respect I'd give any bank.
I avoid them like the black herpes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Paypal Sucks!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I can tell the OP is really mad about this and I like it! He's got the right to be mad as hell. This is really weird I used PayPal once to send money to someone and it was okay, I don't remember having to complain about anything but this is a different case anyways and its the opposite (the OP is the one receiving the money). Maybe its some sort of survey they want to see how PayPal is being used.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i used to use paypal, till they stole money from me as well... now i wouldn't use them if they were the only monetary system on the planet. they're scumbag thieves. they always have been and they always will be. avoid like the black herpie plague as one poster mentioned already!!!

edit on 17-5-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So do they collect interest off of your money for 180 days? Wow what a racket!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, the problem is not with Paypal; it is with Australian law. You should be pissed with your government not Paypal since they're just trying to adhere to laws passed by the Australian government.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You were stitched up mate, plain and simple.

Paypal - Multi-Billionaire, massive corp

You - Ha! (nothing personal)

Basically, it's Paypal going 'Oh...so, this skint little Aussie thinks he can call the shots with US?! Okey Dokey Mister...see how you like this BAM!'

Not saying it's right or proper...but it's how it is mate.

The other poster was right, you shouldn't have written the outraged note...at least not until your money was sitting in your bank account anyway....then told them what you thought of them.

There's a lesson here...when you're in a restuarant, be careful about complaining about the food, lest the chef performs a 'Paypal manouver' on the grub you send back.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmertSpionam1

So do they collect interest off of your money for 180 days? Wow what a racket!

And the hundreds of thousands or more similar 'fund freezes' going on right now all over the world.

Makes your heart sing doesn't it.

And don't forget, they seem to think the money is legit enough to have taken their fee of $8...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
reply to post by coop039

PP has changed their policies because of the number of scammers out there. If you sell an item, receive payment, and then withdraw the money from your PP acct, (before shipping the item) PP will often reverse your withdrawl. (Which they can legally do)

They will NOT give you your funds until you ship the buyer the item, the buyer has received the item, and the buyer is satisfied with the item. Trust me.... Even if you've had an account for some time, they'll still do it.

Try telling them "I'm not shipping the item till I get paid." They will refund the buyer their money instantly, and you'll get a "frowning face" on your PP acct.

edit on 17-5-2012 by ColeYounger because: Adding this footnote: Apologies for straying from the OP topic...I'm trying to educate people on how PPeBay works.

This is not exactly true. I sell my used electronics on eBay and my policy, clearly stated on the auction is that I will not ship the item until after payment clears paypal and is in my bank.

I've never had an issue or been ripped off and paypal does not hold my funds, etc.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Paypal kept fiddling with my account (freezing, funds vanishing and reappearing) and in response I closed both my paypal and ebay account years ago (with 30.00US still in the account) which is fine with me since I used ebay originally to find antiques and memorabilia from the past and it had turned into a cheap Chinese gadget shop for the most part and those cheap gadgets can be found anywhere without the ebay markup.

I recommend the second that your account unfreezes remove that money and close the account.

edit on 17/5/12 by toochaos4u because: clarify

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join