It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Amnesty: Ex-Army Colonel John Alexander Seeks Amnesty For Military Who Witness UFOs

page: 1.

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hi.

I thought this article was interesting.

A former military insider with top secret clearance who created Advanced Theoretical Physics -- a group of top-level government officials and scientists brought together to study UFO reports -- has just called on three of the highest-ranking military and intelligence officials in the Obama administration. Retired Army Col. John Alexander has one goal: to ask Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus and National Intelligence Director Gen. James Clapper to offer amnesty to anyone in the military who has been previously sworn to secrecy about UFOs.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Alexander spent a quarter of a century maneuvering through top levels of the U.S. government and military, searching for the supposed decades-long UFO cover-up. Not only could he not find a cover-up, Alexander came away from his investigation convinced UFO disclosure has already occurred on many levels.

Alexander will publicly announce his amnesty request to the government this Thursday, when he appears at the National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas, Nev.

"I have known people who've seen things they couldn't explain and were very reluctant to talk to anybody about it," Palmer, a highly decorated former Air Force and Navy combat jet fighter, told The Huffington Post. "The reason is because we all had very high-level security clearances," he said. "Just the mention of seeing something that you didn't know or you thought might be a UFO would be enough for a visit with the flight surgeon, if not the psychiatric staff at the base hospital."And that would be reason to pull your security clearance, at least temporarily, which means that you wouldn't be flying and that would be a black mark on an aviator's record. Seeing a UFO show up on your base could be perceived as [your] being unstable. At least as far as retribution or career penalties, if things could be lifted or suspended, that would probably help the process."

Watch this video of Air Force pilot Milton Torres describing his harrowing UFO encounter:

We'll see if anything changes but I'm not holding my breath. Even if they say you won't be punished officially that doesn't mean squat. After four years of the political bull I had enough of the military.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Good deal...Someone openly asking to be allowed to speak the truth and not be penalized.
Unfortunately he won't get it, but anyway at least he is trying..Best of luck to him.
Thanks for the post
SnF

edit on 16-5-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
My brother saw stuff in the 70's and 80's in Germany during his stint in the US Army. He's related some of it to me. He hesitates to relate it all.

I'm patiently waiting for my cousin, a US Navy Rear Admiral, to retire so I can grill him about stuff. I'm, of course, pretty sure he'll balk and hold back on most, if not all, of the things HE'S seen. But we'll see.

My brother-in-law was on the USS Coral Sea when we were dealing with the Iran Hostage stuff in the late 70's and he's told me some hair-raising stories of his time at sea.

Soldiers told to keep quiet usually tend to do that. It was an order then, why doesn't that order dissolve when the soldier is discharged? I dunno.

Cuhail

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
AMNESTY

Definition:

1. [noun] a period during which offenders are exempt from punishment

2. [noun] a warrant granting release from punishment for an offense

3. [noun] the formal act of liberating someone

4. [verb] grant a pardon to (a group of people)

His attitude is "that if you want to enter this field you must understand conspiracy theories, and if you deny it, your part of the cover up"

He also says that "disclosure has already happened"

Well i seem to missed it.OR if i am to believe him then there is nothing to disclose

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
My brother saw stuff in the 70's and 80's in Germany during his stint in the US Army. He's related some of it to me. He hesitates to relate it all.

I'm patiently waiting for my cousin, a US Navy Rear Admiral, to retire so I can grill him about stuff. I'm, of course, pretty sure he'll balk and hold back on most, if not all, of the things HE'S seen. But we'll see.

My brother-in-law was on the USS Coral Sea when we were dealing with the Iran Hostage stuff in the late 70's and he's told me some hair-raising stories of his time at sea.

Soldiers told to keep quiet usually tend to do that. It was an order then, why doesn't that order dissolve when the soldier is discharged? I dunno.

Cuhail

I'm pretty sure if you know classified info. you aren't allowed to divulge that info. even after you are discharged. I think they can get you for treason.

They are really tight lipped about things that aren't classified though.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Lets hope people start to come forward.. strength in numbers right

Also we cannot forget some of the earliest ex-military pioneers of truth -

Marine Air Corps Major Donald Keyhoe (UfO's and NICAP)

Donald Keyhoe

Wiki

Donald Edward Keyhoe (June 20, 1897 - November 29, 1988) was an American Marine Corps naval aviator,[2] writer of many aviation articles and stories in a variety of leading publications, and manager of the promotional tours of aviation pioneers, especially of Charles Lindbergh.
In the 1950s he became well known as an UFO researcher, arguing that the U.S. government should conduct appropriate research in UFO matters, and should release all its UFO files. Jerome Clark writes that "Keyhoe was widely regarded as the leader in the field" of ufology in the 1950s and early-to-mid 1960s

I have shared this clip before on ATS but for those that haven't seen it yet I just wanted to add that towards the end of part 1 (above) he mentions 1947 abit, it is interesting considering that particular year.

Also remember it wasn't untill the 80's that people started to remember and research Roswell again.....

edit on 16-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Human nature dictates that as we age our perspectives change with us,and as they change our spiritual prioritys change,we are released from the responsibility of manifesting the future and we begin to refocus what energy we have ito the areas we have evolved to support as we have aged.

Many many men and women are comeing forward because they are advanced in age,some in their 90s,as we see the bigger majority of these people comeing forward we can build a definitive timeline of exactly when humanity first officially aknowledged these new things,people of advanced age and transitioning spirituality cannot be threatened by death and loss of career or peer respect,these people value their self-respect and the future of humanity more than their old jobs.So I and I am sure millions more immediatly believe them,and will continue to do so.

An amnesty would be a nice gesture but it is also an admission and there is no way governments will admit anything complicit,how would they settle the thousands of abductee lawsuits and the thousands of mysteriously dead people worldwide directly connected to this field of study and disclosure if they admitted complicity???

Someone is responsible for directing the recent historic global events we all see ocurring,and we can now find them,amnesty will not carry a meaning soon because disclosure is a worldwide action now involving many governments,the US isnt helping themselves right now by holding back,simply because most of what they have developed in terms of tech can easily be developed simply by surfing the internet and applying generous amounts of money,there is so much data available it is unbelievable,all that is needed is manpower and money.

There is a lot better chance of a good lawyer hitting a huge payday off of a lawsuit against the people who were aware the abductions could be takeing place than of any disclosure,and that would need to be classaction with at least ten or more people so they couldnt all possibly have accidents,in fact it would need to be a growing lawsuit that kept adding people to ensure there was no hokey pokey.And no ,no plane ride with all of the litigants in one place at one time,ever.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
[snip]
[Alexander's] attitude is "that if you want to enter this field you must understand conspiracy theories, and if you deny it, your part of the cover up"

That's not Alexander's attitude at all. He's one of the most serious and sober minds looking into this topic, and he routinely and specifically speaks out against the very attitude you attribute to him.

Here's the actual quote from the linked article:
----------
"Alexander spent a quarter of a century maneuvering through top levels of the U.S. government and military, searching for the supposed decades-long UFO cover-up. Not only could he not find a cover-up, Alexander came away from his investigation convinced UFO disclosure has already occurred on many levels. The conclusions that his study group came up with in the 1980s included:
*Some UFOs are real and of unknown origin.
*About 5 percent of all sightings remain unexplained.
*Many sensor systems do have anomalous recordings.
*There are numerous UFO sightings reported by highly credible observers.
*There have been incidents involving interactions between UFOs and military systems.
*There have been interactions between UFOs and airplanes that raise safety issues.
[etc.]..."
----------

Is there something else you've read by or about Alexander which suggests that he's of the "if you deny it, you're part of the cover up" mindset? That would surely change my opinion of him.

He also says that "disclosure has already happened"

How could a person simultaneously believe that
1) "disclosure has already happened", and
2) "if you deny [the conspiracy], your part of the cover up"?

Those two ideas don't sit well together, logically, and Alexander is far too smart for that. I think that with #2 perhaps you're confusing him with someone else?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'd seen this article much earlier today, and I kept thinking of John Alexander as our next Steven Greer.

Next thing ya know, he'l be organizing future X-conferences.

Anyway, I've hinted here and there over time, not seldom, of my X-Files-y stuff and no one expresses the remotest of curiosity.

Alexander wishes for the whistleblowers to come forward and tell.

Thats fine. To whom, and where and when?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think I'm starting to like this guy, if he's serious. There must be veritable scads of ex-military dudes out there who saw something and have kept their lips zipped for three or four decades because they didn't want to suffer any consequences at the hands of their former employer. That or they just wanted to honor their oath. Either way, freeing them up might lay some interesting information on the table. Has anyone here read his book? And if so, what did you think?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

No i haven't. Those are his claims.Buy his book and read it.

He also claimed that while in the army he didnt find any sign of "conspiracy" whatsoever.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Yeah, Alexander kinda ruffled some feathers at first, but he has grown on me, especially since his debate with Dolan. He seems to at least acknowledge that there must be a sort of micro-conspiracy on the part of some institutions. (Like the Air Force, and I think that's clearly true, otherwise they would've handled the Stephenville incident, for example, quite differently, we'd have names of pilots to interview, and so on.)

I'm still uncomfortable with Alexander's major assumption -- if there were a conspiracy or a secret study group, and any of these people I've written about had known, then they surely would've told me -- but at other times I think maybe the nuts and bolts reality of the phenomenon does need to be distanced from the conspiracy theorists in order to make it palatable to a wider audience. I don't know... very mixed feelings. (I wonder how many would label the Condon Report mismatch between data and conclusions a result of "bias" instead of "conspiracy"?)

Anyway, Alexander probably does bring some needed legitimacy and restraint to it all, and helps capture a part of the population that would otherwise still be ridiculing UFOs and their witnesses. But there it is, still -- that slight but unshakable discomfort with SOMETHING about him and some of his claims. It's hard to articulate, but overall I do think he's probably doing more good than harm.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

No i haven't. Those are his claims.Buy his book and read it.

He also claimed that while in the army he didnt find any sign of "conspiracy" whatsoever.

Ahh, I see now that you probably meant Alexander expected others to have that attitude towards him, not that he had that attitude himself. I've read his book, and that's why the attitude you seemed to be attributing to him felt so out of place. But I think I see what you meant.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The call for amnesty when discussing the UFO myth is most likely used to take away yet another claim that many UFO enthusiasts have about the military not allowing anyone to talk, or that these people are afraid of consequences for talking.

Remove the penalty for talking about this supposed phenomenon, and another scale falls from the eyes of those that believe in fairytales.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
From the same article.

Alexander isn't looking to get the government to reveal that some UFOs may be extraterrestrial craft. He only wants to promote an environment in which members of the military feel comfortable talking about their experiences.

Removing the extraterrestrial craft aspect that the author of this article is implying, and many are inferring, what purposes would it serve, to the military, for servicemen to reveal information regarding flying objects they could not identify to public outlets?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Prankster or half wit i cannot decide, but, i know he is one of the two.
Also im not sure which is creepier, those souless eyes, or the ones on the t-shirt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-5-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

For as much money as John makes (I assume) (military inventions) it seems like he'd want to go get his teeth cleaned and whitened. Maybe wouldn't look so scary.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Dont sweat it so much,soon people will start building their own craft all over the place,the principals and data are all over the internet----do you seriously think mechanics and other engineer types havent already had some sucess??Ha ha ha,its just that today no one trusts the government or organised business/crime,so people are not discloseing this until they can post on the internet.

The data is there so we can all be sure that the now hundreds of millions if not billions worldwide who are now accepting that there is SOMETHING new in their realitys,are paying attention,disclosure is over my friends,the world is informed,now all thats left is to see who in terms of organised governments decides to KEEP LIEING to their people,if America cannot stop the lies within their own governments and businesses then what chance does the rest of the world have??This is where America lost her shine,it started with John F.Kennedys murder and hasnt stopped since,america the country of the truth,was painted as the country of deception even before the ink was dry on the Warren report,and now that all the ghosts of the past are being coaxed out of history by the pied piper-like effect of the internet,the UFO coverup,the lies to the people,the deaths in the name of national security,the murders committed by quasi-government private business interests,all of these things will be answered for and contrary to the scenario these bad people envisioned,one like the Kennedy murder where they could just wait till everyone died to coverup the truth forever and by consistantly killing witnesses the secret was kept,today each person you threaten or kill brings an incredibly powerful focus upon you and ha ha ha,there is no escape anymore,the internet has the power to expose any lie and not only expose it but convict those responsible.so the days of strongarming although they are not over have slowed,there is surely a karmatic response comeing after actions are taken ,a response initiated and completed by the internet ,in cyberspace.But America needs the truth to move forward,and the country will falter if the next president doesnt disclose truthfully,I mean if he could live to get into office,any true American willing to forge a new and stronger future could easily re-open the kennedy murder,and open up every databank to full and complete disclosure,he would be elected in a landslide and would become a hero to the world and to his country.America is screaming for the truth and the people are looking for a saviour,but no one can live long enough to step up.america needs a martyr with enough guts to fake his way in undercover and then at an impossible to deny moment simply open up on a globally televised moment and come clean,then wait to see if anyone has the guts to take a shot at him,someone needs to start this fight and once it begins it will not end until America is america again,and the world needs the real America back on stage where it belongs,for gods sakes people from all over the world stand up to the American call,so what is going on,why are we loseing our hero.

America isnt the only country that needs to hold their politicians accountable for the lies we have all been told,the secrets in the name of national security excuse is long gone and people need to be held accountable for these lies,the EARLY ones might walk because they really had no ideas what they had stumbled upon ,but for generations we have been lied to and its time to ante-up,and the internet is makeing it possible.

I applaud anyone who asks for the truth,when I listen to Mr.Kennedys speeches,I am moved and I want him here now ,today,with all of his faults and issues,because the man who rose to the surface in times of need is the man we need today to save a country,the things he spoke about were not just fairy tales and wishes when he was alive,they were possible relalitys because HE SAID SO,and the world trusted him.

we just need another leader who is brave enough to become a martyr,one who feels like I do when he or she hears those speeches.we need a system buster,a political bunker-buster that will find a way to reinstill truth and civil justice to the country,and if that can be achieved the there will be no need for amnesty because these men and women we are hearing from all over the internet will become key witnesses in the biggest clean-up in recored history,because we have so many witnesses already comeing forward,we need to finish the job before someone starts a world war and our great grandchildren are forced to try to do this dirty job from an even weaker position than we are in today,time has been our biggest enemy in the past and it is still that today,so we need to strike while the iron is hot and restore America to her rightful world position.One American with the vision and the destiny to build a political platform or real truth at a time in human history when the world wide web makes it finally possible to find that truth.

edit on 17-5-2012 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I know Col Alexander, he's definitely serious about the topic and he doesn't suffer charlatans, con men and hoaxers well at all. That's why I like him so much.

I am convinced that one major part of his intention here, assuming they grant the immunity to all veterans active and retired, is to strip the "If I tell what I know I'll be hanged/imprisoned/fed to the tigers for breaching my security clearance" cover from those who may be lying through their teeth.

John has told me in person what his views are, you can read them in the article linked in the OP, basically he's intrigued most by the accounts of highly credible people, as am I.

I wonder if he'll get any response from the three recipients of his letter...

Springer...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I just do not buy into the whole "if I told you what I know..the government would execute me, arrest me, or whatever" because there are so many supposed military people coming out and nothing is happening to them.

I think the government doesn't care what nut cases come forward..because there is nothing to it.

It is most likely military aircraft..and the government loves it when some person comes forward...they hide under the UFO/alien conspiracy. What a great cover....you can do almost anything.....and people will blame aliens...

top topics

join