It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi all but outlaws Abortion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"My morals suggest that politicians should be strung up...should we enforce my moral values also?"

No, but then again in your morality it's ok to kill children as well just so long as they are young enough, so there is no guarantee you wouldn't try to legislate killing grown people anyway.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Yes killing something is cheaper than treating it. We should just shoot the elderly and sick. This isnt about cost. Stupid point.

If its not about cost, and life is far more valuable
Then why are typical right wings so for warfare over diplomacy?

We know the people we blow up are actual living persons. Science shows a new fetus has no actual definitive life...yet we are satisfied to protect the replicating cells, and blow up actual people whom have a different viewpoint.

mhmm

And why does the right complain soo much about social service cost (stop the welfare, cut the food stamp program)...which is going directly to the familys they are imposing on...

yep...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by GmoS719

Comparing 18 years of taxes to the value of a life?
Pathetic.

Implying a mindless (brainless) human life has a value... Nope.

You were a mindless (brainless) human life at one point...
Obviously nothing has changed on your end.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax84

"My morals suggest that politicians should be strung up...should we enforce my moral values also?"

No, but then again in your morality it's ok to kill children as well just so long as they are young enough, so there is no guarantee you wouldn't try to legislate killing grown people anyway.

My morality has no such view
Children are not fetuses.

I am however in favor of allowing brain dead patience removal of life support...as there is no life without mind. I am a supporter of life...not of potential life, or life once was..but life.
and brain activity = life.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Pathetic.

Obviously nothing has changed on your end.

Insulting a person is a sign of a weak stance.

incidently, I was once also a sperm..I don't get freaked out by wasted sperm..do you?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Its funny how republicans, always championing less and less state regulations suddenly turn 180 and pass completely useless and even harmful regulation, when the outcome would be to make access to abortion more difficult. "Patient safety?" Come on.. Your intent is clear.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If its not about cost, and life is far more valuable
Then why are typical right wings so for warfare over diplomacy?

Because they need all those unwanted pregnancies to grow up to go and blow up the 'enemy'. In Ancient Greece and Rome, when the armies were depleted, abortion was similarly outlawed, as was birth control.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Pathetic.

Yes, your point, beyond pathetic insult?

I would not care (a mental process requiring mind) if I was aborted then, just as I would not care of I was "contracepted" before. "I" am my mind, so I would simply never exist in such case.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
brain activity = life.

Your problem here, is that you've just made up a bogus definition of ''life'' to dovetail with your own personal beliefs on the matter. You are distorting it to fit your agenda.

In no normal definition does the concept of ''life'' require arbitrary, subjective factors such as brain activity, unless you believe that plants aren't living?

Also, regardless of one's views on abortion, it is plain to see that the ''coathanger'' argument is one of the poorest, illogical and spurious arguments on either side.

It's like arguing that burglary should be legal, otherwise burglars will just attempt to break into houses, and could seriously injure themselves on broken glass.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Your problem here, is that you've just made up a bogus definition of ''life'' to dovetail with your own personal beliefs on the matter. You are distorting it to fit your agenda. In no normal definition does the concept of ''life'' require arbitrary, subjective factors such as brain activity, unless you believe that plants aren't living?

Indeed, what is commonly conflated is life and personhood. Fetuses are biologically alive (even sperms are, and also braindead people on life support), but personhood requires more IMHO.

No mind, no person, no victim, no crime. Abortion is thus a victimless "crime", if presence of mind is required for personhood.

Beginning of human personhood
edit on 15/5/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You are obviously confused. You were never "A" sperm. It takes an egg and sperm to create life. A sperm alone can not do that. An egg alone can not do that. I think I would like to move to Mississippi, where life has value, seems like a nice place to "LIVE".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

You are obviously confused. You were never "A" sperm. It takes an egg and sperm to create life. A sperm alone can not do that. An egg alone can not do that. I think I would like to move to Mississippi, where life has value, seems like a nice place to "LIVE".

Are you saying sperm cells are dead? Because if its not alive, it must be dead.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I'm saying that sperm cells alone do not make a baby.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes like that will help.Good luck.Insert irony and sarcasm here.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

rather than the result of deliberate choices and actions that cause it. I never have understood that...

Apparently you are not a drinker. I volunteered after doing some time myself in a rehabilitation facility and you might be surprised how many women turn up preggers by drinking too much and passing out. Sometimes, outweighed, a girl will lose a wrestling match and get impregnated by larger stronger males they couldn't fight off. Maybe men or boys in the same family, neighbor, relative or family friend. A good quarter of abortions are demanded by the men so they don't go to jail. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think when enough town fathers are arrested for pedophilia or incest because the incriminating spawn is born, you will see this Roe vs.Wade reversal go pretty quickly into forward again. It is a womans reproductive health after all. It is not a life until it is viable.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Maslo

I'm saying that sperm cells alone do not make a baby.

Indeed. And embryo alone does not make a baby, too. In my book, its not a baby until brain cortex develops sufficiently.
edit on 16/5/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join