It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom of baby with no eyes deflects cruel taunts with love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Very heart wrenching video that is just beautiful. I am a father of two healthy boys aged 4 & 1. It's hard enough to go thru the stress when they are capable of listening and seeing. I give sooooo much credit to parents that are able to raise a kid with a disability. I lose my patience with my kids and they are perfectly healthy so I couldn't imagine the life of the family in this video. The video brought tears to my eyes and made me smile and laugh by the end of it. I hope you guys can enjoy too!

In this so-inspiring-we-feel-dizzy video, a young mother describes her experience as the mom of Christian, a baby born with severe disabilities, including no eyes

now.msn.com...

I have to admit...not sure if my wife and I knew our kid would have a disability that we would go thru with it. I think having kids now we would but if that had been our first kid I don't know. I can see the point of some saying "the kid would be better off not being born." But how do we know? I mean seeing the pictures in this video this kiddo will get experience life in a much different way and very likely a better way of life in the aspect he won't be ruined by a lot of the things we get to see (TV, crime, war).
edit on 15-5-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
God bless em! It makes you so much more grateful to have people in your life that will love you no matter what! Great post! Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Gotta admit it bought a tear to my eye....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I saw this the other day..what a cute boy. I sometimes wonder why people are so cruel. I kind of understand little ones asking questions..but adults should be ashamed!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I saw this the other day..what a cute boy. I sometimes wonder why people are so cruel. I kind of understand little ones asking questions..but adults should be ashamed!

I agree 100%. I want to give her a big hug. I can't imagine how hard it was for her at first. Tell her what she did was great and brave!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Wow that video gave me more than one tear.
I hope Christian in the future can get some help.
The medical field do wonders and I am sure it is possible to connect his optic nerve to some kind of camera and put that in the eye socket.

Optic nerve cameras
Optic nerve implant

And I applaud Christians parents for being so brave.
I am 100% sure that they are better parents than most out their will ever be.
edit on 15-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I can see the point of some saying "the kid would be better off not being born."

Absolutely. I think it's cruel to let them live with their disabilities, they are severly handicapped and just can't enjoy their life this way.
I mean what now? That kid has no eyes, other disabilities. He will never go far in his life, he will always needs the help of other people.

It's even worse that this mother seems to be all about attention and using her child to bring her some fame and possibly some money. It's disgusting, i thought Freakshows and the presentation of disabled people so everyone can starre in disbelief at them were a thing of the past...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There are so many people who live normal, fulfilled lives with disabilities. In fact I know an individual who insists he does not have a disability but is otherwise enabled. We are not a genetically pure race whatsoever.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

So are you a proponent of eugenics and euthanasia? I personally feel the human race could use a good dose of eugenics, but why destroy that which we do not understand or is different from society's norms?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow, that was amazing. Shame on those people who would even question him just based on his looks. I'm glad these people are able to love and take care of him. It shows the true passion they have for their child. I wish them all the best.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I can see the point of some saying "the kid would be better off not being born."

Absolutely. I think it's cruel to let them live with their disabilities, they are severly handicapped and just can't enjoy their life this way.
I mean what now? That kid has no eyes, other disabilities. He will never go far in his life, he will always needs the help of other people.

It's even worse that this mother seems to be all about attention and using her child to bring her some fame and possibly some money. It's disgusting, i thought Freakshows and the presentation of disabled people so everyone can starre in disbelief at them were a thing of the past...

You are the lowest form of life on this earth. People with disabilities shouldn't be brought out to the pasture and slaughtered. They are people too. Just because you don't understand them doesn't mean they are worthless. It's not about "going far in life", it's living life. For all you know he is a genius, just because he can't see doesn't make him any less of a person. You need to reflect on your words. Sitting behind the comfort of your computer trashing others is easy sure, try doing it to someone face to face. Your heartless.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

You are the lowest form of life on this earth. People with disabilities shouldn't be brought out to the pasture and slaughtered. They are people too. Just because you don't understand them doesn't mean they are worthless. It's not about "going far in life", it's living life. For all you know he is a genius, just because he can't see doesn't make him any less of a person. You need to reflect on your words. Sitting behind the comfort of your computer trashing others is easy sure, try doing it to someone face to face. Your heartless.

Here, here...let's not insult someone based on their opinion. He has that right and both you and I may disagree with his opinion but he has that right. He makes some valid points...is the mom doing this for attention or fame? No one knows but my personal belief is that she is not. I came away that she made the video to show that parents of disabled kids do not need to be afraid to come out because of what the public reaction may be. There may be some cases where an abortion may be the right choice. If a kid will be born brain dead or something to that state then I may have to agree with Shadow Angel. Christians main disability is his sight. He still has all of his other senses and can surely enjoy life to the fullest imo.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes, I guess I tend to take things like this a bit personal as I have a mentally disabled nephew. Sorry if my post seemed like an attack. I don't think she's doing it for fame of money, maybe it's just a way for her to cope with what she has endured.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

Yes, I guess I tend to take things like this a bit personal as I have a mentally disabled nephew. Sorry if my post seemed like an attack. I don't think she's doing it for fame of money, maybe it's just a way for her to cope with what she has endured.

No problem at all. I can see how you would be offended by this and I am sorry to here about your niece. Your post makes a good point in the fact that just because you have a disability it doesn't mean your life is over. Christian may never be able to see (with technology though there is better chance) but he was born that way and doesn't know another way. So I think he can live a very happy life. I have a friend who lost her sight 7 years ago in a car accident. It was tough at first for her but now she is on her way. Doing things she probably would not have ever done if she had her sight. I can probably state that the accident made her a better person as sad as it was for her to lose her sight.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Not so long ago some parents who would not tolerate a handicapped child with physical deformities and would have smothered Christian to death rationalizing that they were doing him a favor. Sorry, but your post reminds me of them.

That baby's smile lights up the world. Who gives a damn how far this baby will go in life? He is loved and very capable of loving. You have already placed a judgement call on this little guy future abilities which in no way should determine whether he should live or die. Look what Helen Keller did to prove people with handicaps such as blindness can have a decent life and fit in with the rest of the world.

You think Christian can't enjoy life? He seems pretty happy to me.

Thank God there are compassionate people that instead of condemning the "misfits" as you did, strive to help them. The invention of the DECtalk is a speech synthesizer that enables one of the greatest scientist, Stephen Hawking, to communicate with the world is an example of great things coming from tragic needs.

It was Mahatma Ghandi who said, "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."

IMO the person who is unable to accept others as they are is far more disadvantaged than this little guy.

It think that Mom posted the video to open peoples minds about the power of love and the wrongness of being judgmental. Sadly, some people can't get there because physical appearance is so almighty important.

edit on 5/15/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: grammar

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Very nicely stated. I was just about to bring up Stephen Hawking. A man of true brilliance who has a major disability.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

S&F, excellent posting, friend. That little boy touched my heart, and as for the girl who made the rude comment? Well, she should know better. I can relate, my wife and I have a wonderful son who is a Dwarf, and will only get to be about 4 feet tall. I hate the way people look at him, and talk behind his back. One woman told my wife she should have done the same thing. People can be so cruel.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Video of mom who refused abortion for disabled son approaches staggering 10 million views

www.lifesitenews.com...

The world has fallen in love with this little guy and his brave mom. 10 million views in 2 months. I checked about the time this article posted and it had over 3,300,000 just a few days ago.

top topics

join