It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Family Guy episode on the Tea Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So I dont think anyone has posted this yet, but remove it if Im wrong.

I just saw an ad on Adult swim for a new episode of family guy involving the Tea party. From what I saw in the ad it looked like they painted the Tea Party out to be Anarchists.

It showed the whole world plunging into chaos as the Tea Party abolished government. Is it me or is everyone bashing Ron Paul these days

I do realize this is family guy and will usually have a twist. Hopefully Brian will sum it all up in terms everyone can understand, as usual.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ooops! must have been a real short episode cause i missed it on your post!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Ya sorry about that, accidently hit enter

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Family Guy is right wing propaganda just like The Simpsons and American Dad.

It is subtle.

Like a Skinhead movie than has a warm fuzzy ending but you just know by certain sections of the movie that it was written by a white supremacist. The fuzzy liberal ending has just been added so that the movie will be accepted and not banned. Its genius.

Edit- The Believer (2001) is the perfect example of what I mean.
Ryan Gosling is in it. Awesome movie.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

It is subtle.

Like a SkinHead movie than has a warm fuzzy ending but you just know by certain sections of the movie that it was written by a white supremicist. The fuzzy liberal ending has just been added so that the movie will be accepted and not banned. Its genius.

So American Dads agenda would be to demean the severity of operations by the CIA and other secretive actions by the government.

And the Simpsons demeaned the seriousness of secret societies with that one episode. And it is no coincidence that Matt Groening was a member of the Bohemian Grove, there was owl symbols all over Futurama.

As far as Ive seen Family guy hasnt previously shown me an agenda I can spot that is malicious. In fact I agree with most of the conclusions Brian comes to. And Brain is Seth McFarlane's true personality, and voice. Brian is like Stan on South Park. He is the person who puts all the ridiculous things that occurred on the show into perspective.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

It is subtle.

Like a SkinHead movie than has a warm fuzzy ending but you just know by certain sections of the movie that it was written by a white supremicist. The fuzzy liberal ending has just been added so that the movie will be accepted and not banned. Its genius.

So American Dads agenda would be to demean the severity of operations by the CIA and other secretive actions by the government.

And the Simpsons demeaned the seriousness of secret societies with that one episode. And it is no coincidence that Matt Groening was a member of the Bohemian Grove, there was owl symbols all over Futurama.

As far as Ive seen Family guy hasnt previously shown me an agenda I can spot that is malicious. In fact I agree with most of the conclusions Brian comes to. And Brain is Seth McFarlane's true personality, and voice. Brian is like Stan on South Park. He is the person who puts all the ridiculous things that occurred on the show into perspective.

We hate Lisa Simpon because they want us to.

Remember the American Dad episode where Stan holds his muslim neighbours prisoner kinda like gitmo? Do you remember the fuzzy liberal ending or just laughing at Stan locking up muslims??

Think desensitize

Also,think Fox

Its subtle. Most dont pick it up. Dont feel bad. Or the member that starred you.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It is subtle.

We hate Lisa Simpon because they want us to.

Remember the American Dad episode where Stan holds his muslim neighbours prisoner kinda like gitmo? Do you remember the fuzzy liberal ending or just laughing at Stan locking up muslims??

Think desensitize

Also,think Fox

Its subtle. Most dont pick it up. Dont feel bad. Or the member that starred you.

You dont need to be rude. You kinda seem like your trying to insult my intelligence. It could be that they were joking. OR they just did it to mess with people like you, so they could watch everybody freak out about it because they get a kick out of it. Kinda like adult swim and there owl bumps.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

You kinda seem like your trying to insult my intelligence.

You are right.

Im sorry.

I get caught up in the whole rude ATS culture at times.

Edit- and yeah,maybe you are right.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You kinda seem like your trying to insult my intelligence.

You are right.

Im sorry.

I get caught up in the whole rude ATS culture at times.

Edit- and yeah,maybe you are right.

Ya I understand, its all good. I am just trying to understand through discussion

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

ha ha ha . i use to get a lot of flack for that!!!
i learned.
ats people are wolves just waiting for ya to screw up like that!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I just saw an ad on Adult swim for a new episode of family guy involving the Tea party. From what I saw in the ad it looked like they painted the Tea Party out to be Anarchists.

It showed the whole world plunging into chaos as the Tea Party abolished government. Is it me or is everyone bashing Ron Paul these days

I do realize this is family guy and will usually have a twist. Hopefully Brian will sum it all up in terms everyone can understand, as usual.

I saw the episode. The message I got from Peter's speech at the end was, "Sure, our government is corrupt, but it's better than nothing. If you don't like the corrupt politicians we have now, just vote in a new group of corrupt people."

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

I saw the episode. The message I got from Peter's speech at the end was, "Sure, our government is corrupt, but it's better than nothing. If you don't like the corrupt politicians we have now, just vote in a new group of corrupt people."

If that is so I have lost faith in Family Guy. However, I will have to see the episode myself to ensure your not construing its messsage

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It could be my assessment was a bit harsh, but that's what I got out of it from a couple of key statements. If you haven't seen it yet, I won't go into more detail than that. Watch it with an open mind and see what it says to you. I look forward to your input.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Nah it's just satire. I wouldn't say they have an agenda, but if anything they are more liberal than conservative, since there is a lot of conservatism being satired in those programs. Also FOX is not FOX News. FOX News has political motives, FOX is just there to make money. They don't even care that these particular programs have bashed both networks many, many times.

top topics

join