It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging - Full Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Psychotropic drugs. It’s the story of big money-drugs that fuel a $330 billion psychiatric industry, without a single cure.

The cost in human terms is even greater-these drugs now kill an estimated 42,000 people every year. And the death count keeps rising.

Containing more than 175 interviews with lawyers, mental health experts, the families of victims and the survivors themselves, this riveting documentary rips the mask off psychotropic drugging and exposes a brutal but well-entrenched money-making machine.

Before these drugs were introduced in the market, people who had these conditions would not have been given any drugs at all.

Imho this is a MUST SEE for everybody.

We all 'know' pharamaceutical companies and their drugs are big bussines.

But these people, including top physcians, doctors and researchers lay it right out there.

Please! I really plead you to watch this documentary.

It's eye opening.

Let me give you some quotes from the movie, to get you started:

We see a developing potential for nearly a total control of human emotional status, mental functioning, and will to act - Psychiatrist Wayne O. Evens

He said this in 1967!

Further random quotes:

'They want you to think you're deceased from birth'

'Psychiatrist will freely confess their profession is divoid of science'

'By the time the drugs are approved and hits the general population, we don't even know 50 percent of side-effects'

'These pills cause liver problems, heat attacks, auto-immune problems. You're playing with fire'

I PLEAD YOU TO WATCH THIS! WHAT AN EYEOPENER!

ETA:

But seriously...

Please do watch or bookmark this for later.

I've never asked this before but this is a must see.

It also shows how the FDA is bought, infiltrated and tied to the pharamaceutical companies.

Once agian; PLEASE WATCH

edit on 15-5-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
A psychoanalyst is no more than a gypsie. Its a new religion. Im a heretic. Freud was a drug dealer and a fraud. So was Adler.

Its good to see some people coming out against this new age bs.

Modern society is crazy. If you have no problem functioning within in, you are the crazy ones.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
and here is a lot of background info how this could happend:

everyone interested in psychology (or even studying it) should watch this!!!

vimeo.com...
(same video, just in case yt is censoring it for your ip range)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
and here is a lot of background info how this could happend:

everyone interested in psychology (or even studying it) should watch this!!!

vimeo.com...
(same video, just in case yt is censoring it for your ip range)

wow i'm about in hour into your movie.

i'd star your post a million times if i could.

also very eye-opening.

watch these two vids combined please.

might take a while but you'll definitely learn something.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Psychotropic drugs. It’s the story of big money-drugs that fuel a $330 billion psychiatric industry, without a single cure.

The cost in human terms is even greater-these drugs now kill an estimated 42,000 people every year. And the death count keeps rising.

Containing more than 175 interviews with lawyers, mental health experts, the families of victims and the survivors themselves, this riveting documentary rips the mask off psychotropic drugging and exposes a brutal but well-entrenched money-making machine.

Before these drugs were introduced in the market, people who had these conditions would not have been given any drugs at all.

Imho this is a MUST SEE for everybody.

We all 'know' pharamaceutical companies and their drugs are big bussines.

But these people, including top physcians, doctors and researchers lay it right out there.

Please! I really plead you to watch this documentary.

It's eye opening.

Let me give you some quotes from the movie, to get you started:

We see a developing potential for nearly a total control of human emotional status, mental functioning, and will to act - Psychiatrist Wayne O. Evens

He said this in 1967!

Further random quotes:

'They want you to think you're deceased from birth'

'Psychiatrist will freely confess their profession is divoid of science'

'By the time the drugs are approved and hits the general population, we don't even know 50 percent of side-effects'

'These pills cause liver problems, heat attacks, auto-immune problems. You're playing with fire'

I PLEAD YOU TO WATCH THIS! WHAT AN EYEOPENER!

ETA:

But seriously...

Please do watch or bookmark this for later.

I've never asked this before but this is a must see.

It also shows how the FDA is bought, infiltrated and tied to the pharamaceutical companies.

Once agian; PLEASE WATCH

edit on 15-5-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

I'm in school to be a psychologist. I had the choice to go to med school to become a psychiatrist, but chose psychology for one simple reason: the amount of time one spends studying the actual brain and behavior in med school w/ a specialty in psychiatry is nil compared to someone who gets a PhD in psychology. There is no comparing. How could I honestly treat anyone with so little knowledge? Would I just hand out scripts? Pretty much. There is a trend in this country in some states, allowing PhDs in rural areas to prescribe medication, due to the lack of psychiatrists in the area. But honestly, I think that, for the most part, drugs are unnecessary, except in extreme cases, such as with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder, usually known by the name of Multiple Personality Disorder) and different types of Schizophrenia, etc.

There really is a great divide in the mental health community over the use (and overuse) of medication. It is also ludicrous that a psychiatrist makes $200k & up a year to prescribe medication and not be as well-versed in actual therapy or knowledge and understanding as a psychologist or even Master's therapist.

Here's the deal. There are several methods of therapy besides the stereotypical Freudian therapy that everyone thinks of. Psychiatrists using the old Freudian methods are sometimes the least effective, even when they get paid the most, and conjur up images of "Running with Scissors". Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff was groundbreaking and laid the foundation for future understanding and therapies, but as a whole, it is outdated and unuseful. I personally think the best therapy out there is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, as it gets people to understand how their behaviors shape the outcome of their lives, and the buck cannot be passed. Some people cannot help certain behaviors, such as with the disorders previously mentioned, and perhaps BPD (Bipolar Disorder). THe swings cannot be helped, but the behavior during can be controlled by conscious effort.

Overall, I think there is great value in the mental health community, I just think that one faction of it gives the rest of it a bad rep. I agree that psychotropic medications are not the solution, though in extreme cases, they may be part of the answer.
edit on 15-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Excellent, thank you, I've shared this with thousands in the last 20 minutes

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
in 1992 congress passed a new law.

Prescription Drugs User Fee Act (PDUFA)

nice vid talking about this act in detal but it essentially tells the FDA it's job is no longer to make sure new drugs are safe but to get them on the market as fast as they can.

since to introduction of this bill the scrutiny process of new drugs dropped from 2 years to barely 6 months.

but the number of new drugs introduced, since this bill was enacted, doubled!

this is the renewed bill for 2012

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein

No, thank you!

Spread this as far and wide as you possibly can.

Many of us knew but it's always nice to get some sort of confirmation.

Big pharma is bussines.

Healing or curing people is NOT.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Exposing the Dangers of Antidepressants and Other Psychotropic Drugs— Despite FDA/PsychiatricPharmaceutical Cover-Ups

PDF File.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Shane Ellison has a masters degree in organic chemistry and is a two-time recipient of the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant for his studies in biochemistry and physiology. Here Shane exposes the inner workings of the psycho/pharmaceutical industry, the manufacture and marketing of psychiatric drugs and the fact that the psycho/pharma industry is well aware their drugs do not cure anyone.

This rabbit hole is going deep....

PODCAST with Shane Ellison

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by Rubinstein

No, thank you!

Spread this as far and wide as you possibly can.

Many of us knew but it's always nice to get some sort of confirmation.

Big pharma is bussines.

Healing or curing people is NOT.

The biggest problem with psychopharma and the psychiatrists and even family doctors who prescribe for mental disorders is the tendency to prescribe for depression, anxiety, and ADHD. The problem is that these particular disorders can be "cured" using non-medicinal methods, yet they are heavily medicated problems that cause a person to remain heavily medicated for the rest of his or her life. The dosage will always need to be upped and many of these disorders (and others) are comorbid disorders, meaning that they exist with other disorders. Anxiety, for example, is a disorder that can be easily treated with CBT or other methods. The problem with medicating it is that patients do not need to learn what their stressors are and know how to deal with and avoid, if possible, the stressors, so the problem is always ongoing. Also, I do not know anyone who takes meds for anxiety who is truly anxiety-free.

The biggest issue that pharma does not address, in my opinion, is neuroplasticity. Neuroplasticity refers to the brain's ability to physically adapt or accomodate mental changes (such as learning) and actual physical changes, such as injury or due to environment, such as with medications or other substances. Neuroplasticity is being studied in relation to addiction of all kinds and there are good studies out there that show that addiction physically changes the brain and even regular continuous doses of medication that aren't necessarily addictive, change it as well. So, when we take medications to treat disorders that don't need medical intervention necessarily, we are actually creating the need for medication because our brains actually become more characteristically like what we are trying to treat (I hope that makes sense). This is why meds to treat certain mental disorders cause side effects more severe than that we are trying to treat or make the disorder(s) more severe over the long term. This is also why someone cannot stop taking certain medications immediately, but have to be weaned off and medically observed during the process. As you can see, psychopharma combined with neuroplasticity causes an endless cycle of medicating the patient.

I urge all who can, to not take medication for things like depression, anxiety, and even ADHD without seeking out alternatives first. However, people with severe bi-polar depression, sometimes taking one's lithium it absolutely necessary, so it really just depends on one's individual history. General depression and the other things mentioned, however, usually do best with actual therapy (something more than "talk therapy") rather than medications.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
want to add just one more thing to this thread.

brought him up just a couple of posts back.

Shane Ellison....

Rightfully dubbed 'The Peoples Chemist'.

He has an account on youtube with a lot of interesting and eye-opening vids.

Shane Ellison's entire career has been dedicated to the study of molecules; how they give life and how they take from it.

He was a two-time recipient of the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant for his research in biochemistry and physiology. He is a bestselling author, holds a bachelors degree in biology and a master's degree in organic chemistry.

He has first-hand experience in drug design courtesy of a miserable career with a major pharmaceutical company.

His Youtube Account And Vids

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
First and last try; HUMPDEBUMP!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would like everyone here to remember that the cult of $cientology regularly produces propaganda in their attempts to destroy the psychiatric profession. Do not believe everything you hear simply because someone states it in a YouTube video!

There is a lot of evidence that psychiatric illness IS on the increase. This is because of societal pressure, the prevalence of news channels reporting disasters that none of us can do anything about, the state of the economy, poor educational standards, poor living conditions, poverty, unemployment...

Consider the things that actually affect the mental state, and it's no surprise that mental illness is so widespread.

While I fully accept that there are corporations behind this who's job it is to increase their profits at all cost, I hope people can maintain some objectivity and not simply swallow some BS spouted by some paid-off "expert" in a cult-funded documentary!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I don't think this is propaganda.

The first 30 minutes are full of verifiable facts.

I work in healthcare as well and am witnessing first hand how some people are getting drugged up just because we don't know what to do more.

Said drug has negative side-effects on the patient and he recieves another drugs for these side-effects.
Begore you know it he or she is on 5/6 different drugs.

Don't say it doesn't happen because i witnessed it first hand.

Also don't crack down on youtube because this is just a platform to spread information.

Furthermore, and be honest here, did you watch the video?

Did you take a look at the act that got passed by congress?

Have you heard the soaring number in prescription drugs given and revenues made from these drugs?

This is a conspiracy...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I had an issue with my daughter just recently. She is a teenager and would get severe depression almost every other day. I was going to take her to a psychiatrist, but decided against it just for this reason. I didn't want her to get put on Meds, and I felt that she needed to work through these problems on her own. Which she did and everything is o.k. now.

It used to be you would go to a psychiatrist to make sure your normal, now it seems we go to one because we just "know" we are not. Almost as if it's the new trend to have a disorder. Kinda believe these guys wouldn't be so successful if the people didn't support them. We are asking to be drugged, asking for some relief from the day to day grind.

Anyways, I was really concerned that I had made the wrong decision, after watching this, I know I did the right thing. So, thanks for the piece of mind

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I would like everyone here to remember that the cult of $cientology regularly produces propaganda in their attempts to destroy the psychiatric profession. Do not believe everything you hear simply because someone states it in a YouTube video!

There is a lot of evidence that psychiatric illness IS on the increase. This is because of societal pressure, the prevalence of news channels reporting disasters that none of us can do anything about, the state of the economy, poor educational standards, poor living conditions, poverty, unemployment...

Consider the things that actually affect the mental state, and it's no surprise that mental illness is so widespread.

While I fully accept that there are corporations behind this who's job it is to increase their profits at all cost, I hope people can maintain some objectivity and not simply swallow some BS spouted by some paid-off "expert" in a cult-funded documentary!

You are absolutely correct. The biggest problem is that mental health is always, always the least-funded program in any state and is always the first thing to be cut back on or cut out entirely. The poorer communities also have a higher prevalence of this because of things like the economy, less access to affordable programs (many insurance companies either pay little or flat-out won't cover mental health visits and hospital stays), etc. The homeless have some of the highest rates of mental disorders in the population, but what we don't really know is if that is a correlation or causation (i.e., cannot function in society and one becomes homeless or the conditions of homelessness cause mental disorders). I think it's probably a bit of both.

However, like I mentioned earlier, there is a trend to medicate various disorders that do not need to be medicated at all or should be accompanied with actual therapy in order to minimize or cut-out medications and produce results. But, like I said, some disorders have to be medically attended to.

THe problem with mental health treatment is that poor mental health is an embarrassment to many and is taboo, except to say so-and-so is "crazy" or "nuts", etc. Many people still fear going into therapy, too, because the mental health programs of the 40s, 50s, & 60s still exist in stereotypes today (lobotomies, ECT), etc. Funny enough, ECT or "electric shock therapy" IS still used today, though in a much more controlled way and with lower voltage amounts and is not done against a patient's will. Today it stands as an effective therapy to treat drug & therapy-resistant major depression & seizure disorders. Still, people are afraid of being locked up. This mindset combined with a poor economy, poor or no coverage by insurance companies, and easy availability of pharmaceuticals from doctors who aren't even trained in mental health have converged to make mental health issues rampant, since it is easier to medicate than it is to do any hard work, by both the doctor and the patient.

top topics

join