It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No contest if Americans used some logic- Ron Paul vs Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Romney at CPAC 2011-

What is he promising- he's mocking Obama but just making jokes, how can anybody fall for this guy? What is his ACTUAL plan if he became president? All he does is talk about the things Obama has done wrong, what would he actually do to change things?

He offers nothing but jokes and highlighting America's problems, not much else. There's no substance, nothint to grip onto when you actually try and understand what he is saying.

Let's see a few things he says-

"I believe America is a land of freedom, opportunity and hope..." OK Romney, but what does that tell us other than appeal to people on a patriotic level- he's just talking crap, pure and simple, clinging to the hope enough Americans will fall for this American Dream BS crap.

"Given all that America's done to lift others from poverty..." LOL. That guy's flat out lying, and appealing to this false assumption that America brings good to the world. It's the biggest lie fed to the American people that American foreign policy brings good to the world- it brings nothing but suffering for those targeted, all it does is make the elites richer.

"I won't apologise for America because I believe in America, we believe in freedom and opportunity..." How can people fall for this, he's slamming Obama then praising America as it is, as a "world leader" that "hasn't lost it's way"

Basically, Romney says what he is told to say, he doesn't have a clue what he would do other than be a puppet and continue where Obama would leave off.

Here's Ron Paul at CPAC 2011-

Just watch it, I'm observing the run up to the American elections from the UK, and I'm rooting for this guy, for the simple reason he is the only politician to stand up and not be a puppet with same old crap the likes of Romney, Santorum offer up over and over.

Ron Paul offers up the real problems in America, he straight away acknowledges America's entire philosophy has to change, he's talking about real issues, such as the Patriot Act being the exact opposite of patriotism, you wouldn't get a mainstream politician talk about that that.

Whilst Romney pushes America as the "world leader" for "freedom and opportunity" and that he will "never apologise for America" etc, what he means is that he would continue with America's foreign policy of aggression to control parts of the world, only Ron Paul is addressing this as a problem, he's the only one talking the truth. He tells it straight- $70 billion US tax payer money spent on the Egyptian dictatorship, that is the price of American "freedom and opportunity" that Romney is referring to- tax payer money paying for the supression of the Egytpian people so Egypt maintains a good ally of America- that is the price of this 'freedom' Romney refers to- and only Ron Paul is exposing it.

Romney "won't apologise for America", yet America has taken $70 billion US tax payer money in the last 30 years to fund a dictatorship in Egypt to maintain peace between Israel and Egypt, which has also suppressed millions, but I guess this is the 'freedom' Romney refers. Of course, Romney doesn't expect the average American to know anything about Egypt and Mubarek, Romney takes it for granted American voters are ignorant to the world. They buy into this America for freedom and justice BS.

Only Ron Paul is exposing this, only Ron Paul is discussing the REAL issues.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Forever true but elections in this U S of A are determined by ad money and media coverage.

Oh yeah, and who the people who pull our strings want as the next figurehead.

They play us like a fiddle ((( DIVIDE & CONQUER ))) ... get it, wake up.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Romney wasted 19 minutes of time there and he still lost to Paul in that CPAC straw poll. His generic and vague smooth talk only goes so far I guess.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandSchemeOfThings
Forever true but elections in this U S of A are determined by ad money and media coverage.

Don't Americans have to vote though to put someone in power?

I'm not American so don't know the ins and and outs. In the UK, we have two main parties, they're both as bad as each other- Blair was a Bilderberger and so was Cameron, Blair took us to Iraq and Afghan, Cameron took us to Libya and soon to be Iran.

But from what I can see, Americans have a real opportunity to vote in a politican who is willing to actually try and sort this mess out! Or are you just simply saying the big guns like Romney have more media coverage and Ron Paul doesn't get his chance to appeal to everyone?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

No this went out around 2000 with the Bush/Gore race...

Most Americans with a brain should have learned at that point that those who counts the votes actually decides who wins.. Not those who actually vote...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It's sad that someone who isn't an American can see clearly that Paul is the only candidate with any real substance, when most Americans are blind to that fact. Besides, it's obvious that the presidency can be bought.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willease
It's sad that someone who isn't an American can see clearly that Paul is the only candidate with any real substance, when most Americans are blind to that fact. Besides, it's obvious that the presidency can be bought.

I very clearly see that Ron Paul has substance. I just don't like anything about his substance, and therefore, I will not vote for him.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Who will you vote for? Out of curiosity.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

No this went out around 2000 with the Bush/Gore race...

Most Americans with a brain should have learned at that point that those who counts the votes actually decides who wins.. Not those who actually vote...

The 2000 election taught me that if you are running for President make darn sure you can win your home state.

It was Tennessee, not Florida, that cost Algore that election, and it wasn't even close.

As far as Ron Paul goes, in a post-racist society, he doesn't have a chance.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It should be disclosed, prior to my answer, that I am an employee of the Federal Government. As such, I have absolutely no interest in massively reducing the size of government.

I do wrestle with whether I will vote for Romney or Obama. I really don't know which way I will go at this point. I wasn't sure last time either. Sara Palin helped me make up my mind and I went Obama. I don't have an easy answer on who I will vote for.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willease
It's sad that someone who isn't an American can see clearly that Paul is the only candidate with any real substance, when most Americans are blind to that fact.

You mean the phantom Americans that the mass media fabricates? Most people I talk to are for RP. The world is different than what the bought media portrays it to be.

There's a chance RP will win, but there's also a chance that we won't even know it due to the rampant deception.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

It should be disclosed, prior to my answer, that I am an employee of the Federal Government. As such, I have absolutely no interest in massively reducing the size of government.

I do wrestle with whether I will vote for Romney or Obama. I really don't know which way I will go at this point. I wasn't sure last time either. Sara Palin helped me make up my mind and I went Obama. I don't have an easy answer on who I will vote for.

It's simple for me.. whomever will not vote no to proving matching federal funds for special needs children's programs, well guess what, Ron Paul would vote against that (as he has time and time again) and he would do away with agencies that help my family, so no he cannot get my vote not now not ever (and I also have a vested interest in keeping my job)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They are both jokes. They both would make horrible presidents. One wants to gut the government and cause the country to collapse and the other has different opinions every day and will say what ever it takes.
Too bad none of the above isnt an option.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But don't you see that Obama, Romney are just puppets? It frightens me that you could say you'd vote for Obama again.

Obama pushed for 'intervention' in Libya, it was one of the most unjust bombing campaigns that has ever been. There is still no proven evidence that Gaddafi was killing his own people, it is a complete lie yet here is Obama-

wsws.org...

Obama Saturday justified the war on Libya by proclaiming that “we cannot stand idly by when a tyrant tells his people that there will be no mercy, and his forces step up their assaults…”

American working people will pay the price for this aggression through redoubled attacks on their living standards, social conditions and basic rights. The cost of the 112 Tomahawk cruise missiles fired in a matter of hours is well over $100 million. The amount of wealth being squandered on the massive deployment of US warplanes and warships is far greater. Not a word is raised about the costs of this operation, under conditions where politicians and the media endlessly declare that the government has no money and schools must be shut down, teachers fired, vital social programs drastically curtailed and the wages, pensions and health coverage of public employees slashed.

Ron Paul is at least addressing the problems of Obama and the status quo- US tax payers are paying for murder in these regions, billions of dollars worth of bombs being dropped on Libya- and for what? The official argument is 'humanitarian', yet how can anyone even remotely fall for the idea that dropping bombs saves lives? Seriously, think about it.

Obama is a puppet, as would Romney be, they serve the bankers and elites, and if it carries on, we are next headed to Iran, and it will continue to escalate.

Just listen to the lies and deceit from Obama-

THIS DECEIT HAS TO STOP! The number of lies in this video from Obama is unbelievable, he is a war criminal, lying to his people, people wake up NOW! Don't vote for Obama, Romney or any other puppet, for the sake of humanity, vote for Ron Paul and stop these wars of aggression that will never end under puppet presidents!

edit on 15-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

But don't you see that Obama, Romney are just puppets? It frightens me that you could say you'd vote for Obama again.

Obama pushed for 'intervention' in Libya, it was one of the most unjust bombing campaigns that has ever been. There is still no proven evidence that Gaddafi was killing his own people, it is a complete lie yet here is Obama-

wsws.org...

Obama Saturday justified the war on Libya by proclaiming that “we cannot stand idly by when a tyrant tells his people that there will be no mercy, and his forces step up their assaults…”

American working people will pay the price for this aggression through redoubled attacks on their living standards, social conditions and basic rights. The cost of the 112 Tomahawk cruise missiles fired in a matter of hours is well over $100 million. The amount of wealth being squandered on the massive deployment of US warplanes and warships is far greater. Not a word is raised about the costs of this operation, under conditions where politicians and the media endlessly declare that the government has no money and schools must be shut down, teachers fired, vital social programs drastically curtailed and the wages, pensions and health coverage of public employees slashed.

Ron Paul is at least addressing the problems of Obama and the status quo- US tax payers are paying for murder in these regions, billions of dollars worth of bombs being dropped on Libya- and for what? The official argument is 'humanitarian', yet how can anyone even remotely fall for the idea that dropping bombs saves lives? Seriously, think about it.

Obama is a puppet, as would Romney be, they serve the bankers and elites, and if it carries on, we are next headed to Iran, and it will continue to escalate.

Just listen to the lies and deceit from Obama-

THIS DECEIT HAS TO STOP! The number of lies in this video from Obama is unbelievable, he is a war criminal, lying to his people, people wake up NOW! Don't vote for Obama, Romney or any other puppet, for the sake of humanity, vote for Ron Paul and stop these wars of aggression that will never end under puppet presidents!

edit on 15-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

This is what I've been saying for almost a year now. People of America you need to wake up. People like OutKast and Tinfoil exist only to blind you, to keep you from your freedom. People like the anchors of Fox News, people like Bilderberg, tyrants and megalomaniacs all, they exist only to fill you with false hopes, undelivered promises of freedom and liberty, and in doing so, these 'oligarchs' these 'power elite' have risen to power. These, 'monsters', live not to be your leader, they live to be your master, they haven't lived up to their promises, they never will. Tyrants live only to free themselves.

But with people like Ron Paul in office we're seeing signs of an awakening, a change is upon us. It may not happen for another year, it may not happen for another ten years, or a hundred, but people are waking up to their corruption. People are beginning to stand up to the powers that be. Ron Paul is evidence of it. We saw it happen with Kennedy, with King, with Lincoln. Hell, we saw it with the Sons of Liberty in the 1700's, the freedom fighters that eventually went on to begin our revolution. The time has come again. Our Sons of Liberty have returned, and now, we have a chance to liberate ourselves once again. This time from the United States Government, from Bilderberg, from elitism. We have come a long way, too long for it to be the end, this is just the beginning.

You hear that, Bilderberg? Alex Jones isn't alone out here. We are united and ready, and we outnumber you 1,000 to 1. But you know that don't you? That must be why you cower in your skyscrapers, behind your security, your tinted windows and glasses. To keep people from seeing what you really are, seeing those empty black pits you call eyes, void of any soul or compassion for your fellow man. Well now, your luck has just run out. It is time for you to face the music. Enjoy your just desserts. Kill me, and one hundred will take my place. The storm is upon you, and there's nothing you can do about it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandSchemeOfThings

It's a shame Americans just won't wake up.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Talking about an awakening, when I watch Obama talk now, I don't think he shows fear as such, but to me, he gives off a feeling that he knows people 'know'.

He spews all these lies to put up the charade of freedom and opportunity etc, but he knows millions know he is talking BS- it seems difficult for him to keep telling these lies and be authentic.

This is why I fimrly believe there is going to be big upheavel in America, maybe this year or next year, but I think the game is up, too many people know now, and TPTB can't really afford so many people being aware of the corruption and what really goes on regarding both American domestic and foreign policy.

This is where all the military training in America for cival trouble is taking place, because they are full well planning for it to happen.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

See, that's the only problem I have with Ron Paul supporters. I fully support your right to vote for Ron Paul. If that is who you support, vote for him. However, I don't give one rats azz if my voting choice frightens you or anyone else. It's my vote. It's my choice.

Could I vote for Obama again? Yeah, and I might.
Could I vote for Romney? Sure. It really depends on what I hear in the debates.
Could I or would I vote for Ron Paul? Not a snowballs chance in hell. I find that man scary and way too extreme for me. And I've visited his website and listened to what he has to say. This is my opinion and my decision.

Adding to that, I don't believe that Ron Paul could ever accomplish one thing if he were elected President. I would hope and pray that Congress turned him into the ultimate lame duck President. They've done a great job blocking Obama for the last couple of years.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Trust me on this!!! Outkast and Tinfoil dont have anything to do with my Freedom!!!! Jusss sayen.

Other than that there is a Great Obama thread The Great Obama if you want to check it out. That way Outkast and Tinfoil can have there own thread. I mean the total outcry of an Obama thread from Outkast is astounding so at least here is a great chance to prove how Obama should be our next President.

EDIT: The linked thread is filled from pages 2 -4 (give or take) of Funny Obama Pics Photoshopped. Other than that there is also some Outtakes of LIES and DECEIT from Obama's own mouth. So, if you can get over the funny pics and actually facilitate the LIES than your good to go.

edit on 16-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Blocking Obama from WHAT??? Drones in US Airspace?? Continue the destruction in the CURRENT Wars?? Bailing out Banks who than turn around and loose 2B in one day (probably hours)?? Create JOBS (LOL)?? Destroy Pensions?? Destroy the Dollar??

The list goes on and on. There all on the same team buddy. Especially you with your Federal Paycheck.

<<   2 >>

join