It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No contest if Americans used some logic- Ron Paul vs Romney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Blocking Obama from WHAT??? Drones in US Airspace?? Continue the destruction in the CURRENT Wars?? Bailing out Banks who than turn around and loose 2B in one day (probably hours)?? Create JOBS (LOL)?? Destroy Pensions?? Destroy the Dollar??

The list goes on and on. There all on the same team buddy. Especially you with your Federal Paycheck.

Happy you said it ! Didn't feel like insulting his intelligence. If ANYONE hasn't decided who they will vote for by now [ not that it makes a difference ] doesn't have a CLUE !
I also have a vested interest in the status que of fraud and corruption in government.
However, I value the well being of my Country over self interest. I knew from the git-go they [ MSM, Military Industrial Complex, FRB and his OWN party ] would not give Ron Paul a fair chance. They like things just the way they are. MOST Americans do not. RP certainly doesn't nor no I, so I sent him the max amt. of $ on principal alone ! The majority of mindless drones, will yet again, vote for the lesser of two evils.I'll write in RP and allow the cards to fall where they were designed fall. On one of two dirt bags that will carry on as usual.
edit on 16-5-2012 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by usernameconspiracy
There all on the same team buddy. Especially you with your Federal Paycheck.

And yet I still would never vote Ron Paul. You don't have to like it. Actually, I couldn't care less if you like it or not.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

It truly is sad that Dr.Paul is effectively marginalized by the mainstream media and, yes, Fox News as well. He stands out as a man of conviction but even more so as a man of intellect who posses a coherent philosophy supported by logic and history.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

It should be disclosed, prior to my answer, that I am an employee of the Federal Government. As such, I have absolutely no interest in massively reducing the size of government.

Let me start off by saying I respect your honesty and I thank you for your very pointed and honest disclosure.

Everyone should pay very close attention to this statement I quoted. As the size of the Federal Government grows, more and more people will find work in these areas of expanding Government. So voting is not an issue of what is good for your Country, it becomes an issue of what is good for the Individual. This is how Government makes one dependent on the system. As username has stated, he has no interest in reducing the size of Government, the reason being is because it may be his/her job that is lost. So it doesn't matter that the Government is increasing in size and increasing our debt to do so, because he/she will always have a job.

Honestly I feel sorry for your children and grandchildren. Because it will be them who continue to slave away at some job tomorrow to pay off the interest on this massive debt (not actually the debt, just the interest), just so you can keep your job today. I think this is what some might called "short sighted thinking".

Originally posted by vkey08 It's simple for me.. whomever will not vote no to proving matching federal funds for special needs children's programs, well guess what, Ron Paul would vote against that (as he has time and time again) and he would do away with agencies that help my family, so no he cannot get my vote not now not ever (and I also have a vested interest in keeping my job)

This is such a typical voter response. Some would call this the scourged earth policy. I call it selfish. After all, who cares what is best for the Country as a whole? Who cares what is good for your neighbors? The only thing that matters is what kind of hand out you can get for your family at the expense of everyone else.

God forbid some Agency that is giving out freebies is no longer around, you might have to provide and do for yourself and we couldnt have that!

edit on 18-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yeah it's really a no-brainer. IMO, I think the election should run off of your record, and adherence to U.S. laws and Constitutional practices. Paul would definitely win by a long shot...but instead they'll keep bickering about ridiculous issues and petty trivial pursuits.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

But don't you see that Obama, Romney are just puppets? It frightens me that you could say you'd vote for Obama again.

See, that's the only problem I have with Ron Paul supporters. I fully support your right to vote for Ron Paul. If that is who you support, vote for him. However, I don't give one rats azz if my voting choice frightens you or anyone else. It's my vote. It's my choice.

Could I vote for Obama again? Yeah, and I might.
Could I vote for Romney? Sure. It really depends on what I hear in the debates.
Could I or would I vote for Ron Paul? Not a snowballs chance in hell. I find that man scary and way too extreme for me. And I've visited his website and listened to what he has to say. This is my opinion and my decision.

Adding to that, I don't believe that Ron Paul could ever accomplish one thing if he were elected President. I would hope and pray that Congress turned him into the ultimate lame duck President. They've done a great job blocking Obama for the last couple of years.

Of course you have the right for anyone.

Good luck to you, and good luck to America.

That doesn't change the fact that your attitude frightens the hell out of me, simply for the fact I would bet your attitude reflects a large % of the American people- you say you may vote for Romney or Obama 'depending on the debates', you completely fail to see it's all a false patriotic game of charades. It isn not debatable, that is the reality os the situation, and it has been apparent for many years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join