It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Arizona and Oklahoma!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thats right, despite considerable efforts by the GOP/Mitt Romney people to sabotage the majority vote(Ron Paul supporters) at every turn, they still lost out in the end.

In Oklahoma it was so bad the Chairman ended the meeting prematurely, and without a majority vote as is required in the rules.. But the meeting was re-convened outside in the parking lot and should be valid according to the rules. The best part? Ron Paul got nearly ALL the delegates. Also, the entire convention was ustreamed and is recorded for use as evidence if there is any dispute as to the validity of the re-convened convention. Also there was a parlamentarian present that certified it was handled correctly and should be valid, according to sources.

(Examiner states preliminary reports are 95% Ron Paul Delegates coming out of Oklahoma, other sources saying Ron Paul got them all)
www.examiner.com...

In Arizona the convention was abit more civil, except the ending where they GOP ended the meeting stating they would count the votes "tomorrow". But according to Doug Wead and other insiders, Ron Paul won a majority of delegates so far, even though the last few ones are not "counted yet" (according to the GOP)

The funny thing is that the Ron Paul supporters originally offered the Romney team a 51% delegate majority... but they wouldnt take it. Their loss.

Meanwhile, in Phoenix, Arizona, cocky Romney forces led by Nathan Sproul saw defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Ironically, the Ron Paul forces came to the state GOP convention to play nice. They offered a deal. ”You know our knack for organizing?” They said, ” You know we have the numbers? Why don’t we make sure there are no surprises and nothing embarrassing. Your candidate has the nomination, we will give you 50% plus one of the delegation to Tampa, that gives you the majority, and let us have a nice delegation of the leftovers for our man too.” But no. The Mitt Romney forces insisted on scorched earth. ”You can have one,” they said. The Romney team then proceeded to fall apart. It was so bad that Ron Paul operative Shawn Dow couldn’t have given them a victory if he had wanted it. Said a Ron Paul staffer, “No matter how we tried, the Romney people wouldn’t move off their one delegate offer. We had no choice. We had to win.”

dougwead.wordpress.com...
www.dailypaul.com...
edit on 13-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am a bit speechless about Arizona. Just wow

How silly can one person be? Take the majority and let us be, and that was not good enough. They forced the issue and, as what seems par for the course, Ron Paul supporters take the whole thing.

I am a little confused by this though.

Your candidate has the nomination

How can Romney "have the nomination" without the delegates to accomplish this?

Maybe I need to do some more reading, but it really stood out to me and a very strange comment to make.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I am a bit speechless about Arizona. Just wow

How silly can one person be? Take the majority and let us be, and that was not good enough. They forced the issue and, as what seems par for the course, Ron Paul supporters take the whole thing.

I am a little confused by this though.

Your candidate has the nomination

How can Romney "have the nomination" without the delegates to accomplish this?

Maybe I need to do some more reading, but it really stood out to me and a very strange comment to make.

As i understand it, Arizona was suppesdly a "winner takes all state" which means delegates should be bound for Romney anyway. That was probably what the guy meant with "has the nomination".

Anyway since it turns out those bound delegates don´t matter much since delegates can still vote according to their conscience/abstain according to the RNC legal representative, they can actually vote Ron Paul in the first round anyway if they want(even though there might be a fine when they get back to their state again, a small price to pay i´d say).

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree, he was referring to the supposition that Romney had AZ in the bag. I was a delegate in Gov. Jan Brewer's congressional district (she lives just a couple blocks over from me), she was there and sitting with our group, which probably consisted of the most senile old neo-cons out of all the CD's...so of course she won the first national delegate slot, but we managed to still seat a Ron Paul delegate in our CD. The other CD's did much better, and we swept a couple of them. Doug Wead was right, it was mean spirited, with physical altercations breaking out here in AZ as well as OK, all initiated by Romney supporters.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This won't be the end of this. The movement is picking up incredible momentum now. At this point, I would be very surprised if Romney doesn't do something drastic to stop Ron Paul.

I say, keep it up Ron!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
"Ron Paul Has No Chance" - Naysayers.

Crazy how people doubt what they dont understand.

People still want good in their government, and the only place they see any of that happening -The Paul Campain.

Why would anyone want to elect someone the leader of their country when he cant even get people organized for him to become the leader? Romney has no support because he is not organized. Not an admirable trait for a leader.

..Paul however- thats a different story altogether. He is the definition of organized.

Im still suprised by Az.- but not so much in a way because the tea party is heavy there from what I am told. He still has strong support from them as well. He is afterall the Godfather of the Tea Party. So I guess it does kind of make sense. Im happy either way.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Wow, that is awesome. R-money must be desperate and in panic mode, just like how last week we saw him make fake flyers. He must be yelling at his staffers about how to get this 'Ron Paul' guy.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You know, you can continue to attack the "naysayers" or you can play nice and try to convince them.

Either way, you're not doing Ron Paul many favors with this "stick it in your face" attitude.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You know, you can continue to attack the "naysayers" or you can play nice and try to convince them.

Either way, you're not doing Ron Paul many favors with this "stick it in your face" attitude.

Thank you for the enlightenment.

I now know the ways of the universe like never before.

Edit- and I attacked nobody. Just pointing out their judgemental faults.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Your little feelings getting hurt shouldn't stop you from embracing the truth whether you like it or not.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It's very amusing to see the Romney campaign taking a beat at the state conventions. The people here at ATS saying that Ron Paul is stealing popular votes are very funny also, they fail to perceive that Romney can't build the same support and organization from the People and thus is loosing every convention and the majority of delegates, even while resorting to shenanigans and violence.

Go Ron Paul!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Can anyone explain why this MAP shows RP with 0 delegates for both the aforementioned states?
edit on 14/5/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

A loud show for the Paul supporters at the GOP National Convention will assure him, at a minumum, a good timeslot for an interesting and well media covered speech. He could make some of that speech a history lesson about the FED, maybe the first time this will be done before such a wide audience.

Right now Romney has to be ashamed of not being able to rally even the barest minimum of troops to support him. Who actually wants him as the nominee? Why did the GOP end up with this man getting so much traction from their establishment and money men? Unbelievable choice for these guys to go with, a proven bully who can hardly hide his unprincipled personality and has to expand so much energy and attention keeping who he really is away from the public eye that he comes across as nervous and not in control of his own emotions.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Aleister because: add

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by NeoVain

Can anyone explain why this MAP shows RP with 0 delegates for both the aforementioned states?

That site does't look accurate to me, it shows he only has 1 delegate in Iowa.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Originally posted by bl4ke360

reply to post by NeoVain

That site does't look accurate to me, it shows he only has 1 delegate in Iowa.

That map and its information is from Google Elections (www.google.com...).
edit on 14-5-2012 by redbore because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by redbore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I thought the Oklahoma convention was held March 6 and Paul got zero delegates. A morning news article originating from Dailycaller.com and picked up by others leads one to believe the OK and AZ conventions were held on mothers day! Dailycaller is the spew of Tucker Carlson, former adviser to Dick 'Shotgun' Cheney (as if anyone gives Cheney advice).

Bottom line is you are not a delegate until you enter the floor of the national convention. Now who issues those entry credentials? I expect riots outside the convention for denial of entry.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

You just made my point.

Good luck in November because Romney isn't going anywhere unless the GOP picks another Bush or god forbid, #ing Palin.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

*ouch*

FINALLY some site with reliable, official numbers. Every other site recommended here had a huge bias on one or the other candidate, clearly to be seen in its editorials and comments.

Just gimme the numbers, kthxbye!

Maine a big Paul-supporterstate? Huh, wouldn't have guessed that, I think.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

That map is a fraud, it is not accurate at all, just made up of wild approximations from ages past. If you want the ACTUAL delegate count, use this one www.thereal2012delegatecount.com...

Note that the number of delegate going out of OK and AZ are not official yet, but will most probably be updated on that map as soon as they are. This is all very fresh yet.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Compare the Google Map to RT's Map.

Quite a difference isn't it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join