It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati and Diablo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Very interesting thread this is on the battle.net forums.
Source

How would you feel if it was later revealed in a period of enlightenment that the Diablo series was released in order to promote satanic worship, akin to Hollywood film making and other various media outlets?

Given the influence that Blizzard has on millions of people, it is all but certain that the illuminati has taken over this company. However, their interest does not concern potential profits, since the illuminati controls all the money, it's your literal soul they want.

Look at the some of the responses the user got back with.

You are dumb.

Don't worry, if Blizzard really had been taken over by the Illuminati, the Assassin's would kill Bobby Koteck. And Diablo. Many times.

It's well know the Illuminati controls all outlets that may influence the masses. Do not be fooled into thinking this is merely some video game, the sole purpose of which is to turn profits and provide entertainment, it's not.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Isnt the whole story line of Diablo for you to destroy the demons? So how could it promote satanic worship if your goal is to destroy the demons and other "satanic" figures.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sure Blizz is packed full of occultists (or fans of it), at least in relation to story creation and graphic art.

That's clearly obvious, I mean why else would the name of the figure Ormus in Diablo2 is actually directly related to the Philosopher's Stone (an item which allows transmutation in WoW)?

These terms are all found within occult terminology, and only those who study it or actually practice it, would have any clue about it in the first place.

You will find just about every type of symbolism in Blizz titles that we associate with Occult. All seeing eyes, sun symbols, owls, etc.

Despite all of this, I still do not believe their video games can corrupt you mentally or spiritually.
I mean how can you "worship satan" if you are trying to save the world from his evil?
How can you be "evil" if you are a paladin of the light exorcising the demons?

You gotta ask these things from your own personal perspective in order to get a grip on this.

In reality, the only way to corrupt you is for you to corrupt yourself.
You can watch movies all day, play video games, or read books by Occultists, and if you are wise and your vision of yourself and your intentions it will be extremely difficult to "brainwash you".

Honestly if you are not harming anyone else's liberty or attempting to manipulate or mislead them, than it would be exceptionally difficult to become corrupted spiritually no matter how much propaganda or symbolism they hit you with.
edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It's well know the Illuminati controls all outlets that may influence the masses. Do not be fooled into thinking this is merely some video game, the sole purpose of which is to turn profits and provide entertainment, it's not.

Really...well known...I dont think so.

What evidence do you have that the "Illuminati" has control over Blizzard an or any other media outlet? Are all the directors, sound engineers, art directors, and editors in on it?

Fundamentalist Christians said basically the same thing about the first Diablo game when it came out. That it was evil, indoctrinating our children to worship Satan.

I'm sorry this is just absurd. The intellectual pit we have dug for ourselves is depressing.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

ETA: Yes muzzle worship...

edit on 14-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Isnt the whole story line of Diablo for you to destroy the demons? So how could it promote satanic worship if your goal is to destroy the demons and other "satanic" figures.

The only way it would work is that if "destroying evil" was actually the primary method of worshiping the evil...
Which doesn't really make sense.

But maybe it is their little secret, that by having us "fight against evil" we are somehow promoting it?
No....that still doesn't make sense.
Hmmm.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I dont understand what the debate is about in this thread
you created this thread to point out the reactions of people on the battle.net forum in regards to a comment made by a person on that board (which makes me think that person was you)..
edit on 13-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Fundamentalist Christians said basically the same thing about the first Diablo game when it came out. That it was evil,l indoctrinating our children to believe in Satan.

What? I thought fundamentalist Christians believed in Satan too?

Why would they criticize any efforts to educate others about Satan?

You meant "indoctrinating children into worshiping Satan" I bet.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

What evidence do you have that the "Illuminati" has control over Blizzard an or any other media outlet? Are all the directors, sound engineers, art directors, and editors in on it?

I may be able to partially clarify the potential and possible misunderstandings the two of you seem to be suffering from.

Rather than the "Illuminati controlling Blizzard", let's rephrase this more accurately:

Many employees of Blizzard (but not all), are most likely members of Occult fraternal organizations which practice or study (either or both) historical occult subjects.

Many of these employees are in a position to implement these symbols into the actual game, or implement various naming schemes or terminology into the game which is directly reminiscent of their study/belief in various occult systems.

This much is obvious, anything beyond that becomes less obvious and more shrouded due to lack of further detailed information.
edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Sure Blizz is packed full of occultists, at least in relation to story creation and graphic art.

That's clearly obvious, I mean why else would the name of the figure Ormus in Diablo2 is actually directly related to the Philosopher's Stone (an item which allows transmutation in WoW)?

These terms are all found within occult terminology, and only those who study it or actually practice it, would have any clue about it in the first place.

You will find just about every type of symbolism in Blizz titles that we associate with Occult. All seeing eyes, sun symbols, owls, etc.

Despite all of this, I still do not believe their video games can corrupt you mentally or spiritually.
I mean how can you "worship satan" if you are trying to save the world from his evil?
How can you be "evil" if you are a paladin of the light exorcising the demons?

You gotta ask these things from your own personal perspective in order to get a grip on this.

In reality, the only way to corrupt you is for you to corrupt yourself.
You can watch movies all day, play video games, or read books by Occultists, and if you are wise and your vision of yourself and your intentions it will be extremely difficult to "brainwash you".

Honestly if you are not harming anyone else's liberty or attempting to manipulate or mislead them, than it would be exceptionally difficult to become corrupted spiritually no matter how much propaganda or symbolism they hit you with.

Yes that is all true but the same is true of the Elder Scroll series. The reason that these symbols play a role in Elder scrolls is because they use real historical basis for everything to create a much more immersive world. The Nords in Skyrim are directly based off of the Nords of the real world.

Actually many of the gods, goddesses, and Deadric figures are based off of real nordic, and english mythical beings. I think Diablo uses those refrences for the same reason. I mean heck Diablo is spanish for Devil.

At one point I thought that there was a conspiracy going on in Skyrim. Now I see its just paranoia. Similar to the paranoia that occured during the cold war. "They have us seeing communist in our soup" - I cant even remember what that is from but I like it. Maybe Indiana Jones. There is a whole other topic right there, Indiana Jones

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
I dont understand what the debate is about in this thread
you created this thread to point out the reactions of people on the battle.net forum in regards to a comment made by a person on that board (which makes me think that person was you)..
edit on 13-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

No that person on that forum wasn't me, i just posted this because i found it rather interesting thats all i hope the mods wont have a problem with it.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well...let's assume for a second that the post on battlenet wasn't made by somebody with an overactive imagination.

If the Illuminati where actually behind this game I think their purpose would be to keep a bunch of people occupied with something other than getting in their way...

People sitting on their ass playing a video game or watching TV don't tend to give people in the real world any trouble getting their agenda's accomplished...they stay nice and occupied...on the couch...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Also, a little off topic but has anyone seen the Secret Saturdays? That show just came on my TV (Im alsways watching Boomerang
) and I noticed them mentioning Lemuria. So it seems this show is all about ancient lost civilizations and mythology. However, that doesn't lead me to believe that they are somehow trying to brainwash our children in relation to such things

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Well, rather than a conspiracy it can be considered a form of "branding" as well.

The reason I am inclined to see connections here is due to the prevalence of occult fraternal organizations throughout our nation (and the world). I am not referring to the Masons alone they are just one of the many types of groups that you can find which could easily be construed as "Occult-oriented".

There are many other groups which are not popularly known that are way further into these types of things.

However one thing many of these groups share is their penchant for placing their "symbols" everywhere, for whatever reason (many many different reasons).

A really good way to fact check such a proposition is to actually investigate a few dozen higher ranking individuals within the Blizzard corporations, especially the people who make the final decisions on graphic art and story line aspects. But also I would want to look into the directors at the very top.

It would be foolish to assume that none of them are officially members of various organizations that could be construed as occult-oriented in various respects.
But really the only way to get hard facts is to investigate the specifics directly.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Well...let's assume for a second that the post on battlenet wasn't made by somebody with an overactive imagination.

If the Illuminati where actually behind this game I think their purpose would be to keep a bunch of people occupied with something other than getting in their way...

People sitting on their ass playing a video game or watching TV don't tend to give people in the real world any trouble getting their agenda's accomplished...they stay nice and occupied...on the couch...

If that were the case than really Blizzard is but a mere minor detail.

I concede that it makes a lot of sense for the proliferation of TV, video games, sports, drugs, etc could be a major tactic that the ruling establishment utilizes in order to suppress the revolutionary tendencies of the populace.

But in that instance, it is clear that we need to look at things in a very broad perspective at the global level.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Also, a little off topic but has anyone seen the Secret Saturdays? That show just came on my TV (Im alsways watching Boomerang
) and I noticed them mentioning Lemuria. So it seems this show is all about ancient lost civilizations and mythology. However, that doesn't lead me to believe that they are somehow trying to brainwash our children in relation to such things

Originally the word "Lemuria" in our language was a great Roman festival.

Here is the wiki
Lemuria

The Lemuralia or Lemuria was a feast in the religion of ancient Rome during which the Romans performed rites to exorcise the malevolent and fearful ghosts of the dead from their homes. The unwholesome spectres of the restless dead, the lemures or larvae[1] were propitiated with offerings of beans. On those days, the Vestals would prepare sacred mola salsa, a salted flour cake, from the first ears of wheat of the season.

It became the modern "All Saints Day" apparently.

On what had been the culminating day of the Lemuralia, May 13 in 609 or 610— the day being recorded as more significant than the year—, Pope Boniface IV consecrated the Pantheon at Rome to the Blessed Virgin and all the martyrs, and the feast of that dedicatio Sanctae Mariae ad Martyres has been celebrated at Rome ever since. According to cultural historians,[4] this ancient custom was Christianized in the feast of All Saints' Day, established in Rome first on May 13, in order to de-paganize the Roman Lemuria,[5] while others see a link to the May 13 date in Saint Ephrem's celebration of All Saints on that day in the 4th century.

Now please keep in mind, if you were to form a religious group and practice the ancient religion of Rome, you would be called an occultist and the terminology would fit extremely well considering the circumstances historically.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Renegade2283

Well, rather than a conspiracy it can be considered a form of "branding" as well.

The reason I am inclined to see connections here is due to the prevalence of occult fraternal organizations throughout our nation (and the world). I am not referring to the Masons alone they are just one of the many types of groups that you can find which could easily be construed as "Occult-oriented".

There are many other groups which are not popularly known that are way further into these types of things.

However one thing many of these groups share is their penchant for placing their "symbols" everywhere, for whatever reason (many many different reasons).

A really good way to fact check such a proposition is to actually investigate a few dozen higher ranking individuals within the Blizzard corporations, especially the people who make the final decisions on graphic art and story line aspects. But also I would want to look into the directors at the very top.

It would be foolish to assume that none of them are officially members of various organizations that could be construed as occult-oriented in various respects.
But really the only way to get hard facts is to investigate the specifics directly.

Why do they have to be an official member of an occult organization? If these symbols play a role in history why wouldnt the reason that they include them be purely historic.

In Skyrim there is a god who's symbol is a pyramid with an eye at the top. Also the goddess Boethia has a book in that game. On the cover of the book shows Boethia holding a flaming sword above her head and her flowing dress of serpents looks a lot like the statue of liberty. When you actually see this statue in game she has a horned crown at her feet that looks suspiciously like the statue of liberty. So am I to assume that the statue of liberty is a occult figure because of this?

There is also loads of other symbolism that I could go into. The point is that I believe that these references could be purely historic and added for realistic purposes. Or purley to mess with us
. Much like what Adult Swim does wit their owl bumps.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Right - this game would be just another tool, just like all the other games and movies and tv shows and sports, etc....it would make this release just a small fraction of the trillions of dollars that go into feeding us our entertainment and media.
Keeping the populace entertained is generally near the top of the list for many rulers.

As far as devil worship is concerned though - that whole idea doesn't even make sense...it's just a video game
edit on 13-5-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally the word "Lemuria" in our language was a great Roman festival.

Here is the wiki
Lemuria

The Lemuralia or Lemuria was a feast in the religion of ancient Rome during which the Romans performed rites to exorcise the malevolent and fearful ghosts of the dead from their homes. The unwholesome spectres of the restless dead, the lemures or larvae[1] were propitiated with offerings of beans. On those days, the Vestals would prepare sacred mola salsa, a salted flour cake, from the first ears of wheat of the season.

It became the modern "All Saints Day" apparently.

On what had been the culminating day of the Lemuralia, May 13 in 609 or 610— the day being recorded as more significant than the year—, Pope Boniface IV consecrated the Pantheon at Rome to the Blessed Virgin and all the martyrs, and the feast of that dedicatio Sanctae Mariae ad Martyres has been celebrated at Rome ever since. According to cultural historians,[4] this ancient custom was Christianized in the feast of All Saints' Day, established in Rome first on May 13, in order to de-paganize the Roman Lemuria,[5] while others see a link to the May 13 date in Saint Ephrem's celebration of All Saints on that day in the 4th century.

Now please keep in mind, if you were to form a religious group and practice the ancient religion of Rome, you would be called an occultist and the terminology would fit extremely well considering the circumstances historically.

So today is Lumeralia ?? IF so that is a odd coincidence dont you think. Also, so the lost land of Lumeria is a myth created from misunderstanding Roman practices? If so why did a holiday become a lost continent?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't see anything more than a case of paranoia. Haven't played the game but apparently the subject matter dwells in the occult so why is it a surprise you see occult imagery in it? The creators did what any one would do and researched into the subject at hand and pulled out parts that they thought looked cool or made for a good story.

Further seeing as how popular many of these conspiracy theories are has it ever dawned on anyone people that there are others sitting around making things like this and saying "hey lets put and all seeing eye in there and see if any chuckle heads freak out over it!"

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
blizz ran by the illuminati? that would explain why their games have gone to sh*t in recent years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join