It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati and Diablo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I saw that thread.
What I have to say about it is this:
Even though you're fighting against demons, and it's obviously not trying to persuade you to join the dark side, that's not what video games are for. Video games are supposed to be a distraction.
And Diablo's endless gameplay serves the perfect distraction. Trying to get one extremely rare item can distract someone for 100s of hours.

Someone once said "Video games are the same as taking a tranquilizer" -Brad Pitt in 12 monkeys.
That's the truth of ALL video games. Even if they have a great message, they take you out of the real world into a fantasy world meant to distract you.

Although, if anything, Diablo 3's story is all about the end of the world. There could be many hidden messages prepping people for the end of this world.

That said, I'll see some of you at 2am tonight!
edit on 14-5-2012 by Ghost375 because: one tiny typo

I completely disagree. That is like saying "all food" is only there to make people fat, regardless how healthy it is for you. "Its like slow kill bug poison". Do you see how ridiculous your thought path is. Yes, a lot of people get carried away when playing video games. However, that doesn't mean everyone does.

Video games can teach you about history, how to handle situations, the way people react to things, strategy, hand eye coordination, math, language, and many other things. Many things can be bad if they are not used in moderation. Halo for example really puts religion into perspective.

You know the prophets clouding their peoples vision with lies, and calling the Master chief a demon. The flood that attempts to consume all life in the universe. The ark and the library that holds genetic information of many forms of life. Video games teach you a lot

edit on 15-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
It is "just some video game."

The scary part, which requires no conspiracy, is when you look at the man hours that go into heavily-played games.

I am a gamer myself, and I don't think there's anything wrong with people spending their casual time as they choose, but in the man hours that will be consumed by Diablo 3, people could probably

- cure cancer
- improve countless lives
- create a perfect artificial heart
- any other number of fantastic achievements here!

An example of a modest tally I found was for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Only a month and a half after release, "68,000 human years" had already been spent playing the game. Crazy, eh?
The game's been out a year and a half now, so I'm sure the final count is much, much higher.

More than 68,000 "Human Years" Spent Playing Call of Duty: Black Ops
edit on 5/14/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

oi! come on... you could say that about anything, you could be out curing cancer instead of watching tv, or reading a book or talking to people, etc, etc ,etc ad infinitum.
some people want to play video games, because they don't have the skills or desire to do the things you think they should do.
most people don't have the skills to cure cancer or build stuff, most people do other things. there is nothing wrong with that.
we should try to do what we can and enjoy the life we have in the way we choose to, and if you want to play video games as part of that, who are you or anyone else to say they can't?

that is the joy of freedom!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

your post is proof of my claim that video games are meant to distract us.

no more than any other activity or hobby, it isn't like people can't just stop you know.

i hope you aren't trying to build up a false sense of superiority here because you aren't "distracted" by video games? because that would be the most cliche thing next to calling d&d satanic

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join