It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom Throws Me Under the Bus on Mother's Day.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sometimes is it forgive, forgive and forgive. Thankfully, I have understanding kids to help me through the put downs. It is sad when you own mom is your enemy (fake friend).

Hope all the Moms had a good day even if it wasn't all sunshine and roses. Actually, my kids and I had a great day.
edit on 5/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Keep those that are negative influences at safe distances. avoid contact in the most polite way possibe

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Star and flag for one of the best titles to come along in awhile.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Sometimes is it forgive, forgive and forgive. Thankfully, I have understanding kids to help me through the put downs. It is sad when you own mom is your enemy (fake friend).

Hope all the Moms had a good day even if it wasn't all sunshine and roses. Actually, my kids and I had a great day.
edit on 5/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

I gave up talking to my Mother at all, have been healthier because of it...why do these people have children!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I figure if she wanted to talk to me she would call, she doesn't. but I suppose it works both ways, and i'm fine with it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Was it the short bus?

Moms can drive you crazy sometimes.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Star and flag for one of the best titles to come along in awhile.

Thanks for making me smile.
Hope you had a great day and a good mom.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Parents end up with the children they deserve.
Sadly kids are born in to familys that just dont care about them, so many people are so self centred these days that their kids have less value than their car, boat or bike.
Its all about me, its all about mine.

Dont turn in to your mum, enjoy your kids and realise why its so important to love them.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Was it the short bus?

Moms can drive you crazy sometimes.

Actually, it felt more like a train. I survived the crash with a reminder from my kids that she is a b*tch.

Yeah, I'm bi-polar and I think she should get some of the credit for that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Dont turn in to your mum, enjoy your kids and realise why its so important to love them.

My mom grew up rich and has a sense of entitlement that I hate and rebel against. Believe me, the last person I want to be like is her. I think it drives her crazy that clothes, jewelry, hair styles, people with money mean diddly squat to me. These things are important to her. She tells me this and I tell her they mean nothing to me.

If I hear her say: "That was quite impressive" again I might tell her how shallow she sounds. Probably not, she will be 94 in a few weeks and I really don't want to be callous like her so I say nothing

It is sad that is it all about her. People that are so self-centered really shouldn't have kids. She is ashamed of me and let's me know it from time to time. Nice that she picked Mother's Day.

Yup, yup my kids have been the bright spot in my life and I love them so much.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

my mother's always been pretty cold and distant, but lately she's been getting more into drinking and getting older and she just gets meaner and meaner. I stopped by and gave her a card and some chocolates and talked for a few minutes before leaving today. no frills no fanfare.

no matter how your mom acts around you, she knows what she's done and why you're the way you are to her, just like my mom. if you and your kids have a relationship like i do with my own daughter, then you instantly know exactly why they're mad at you 9 times out of 10. just take comfort in the fact that your mother has had to dwell on her mistakes with you in those moments when it's only her and her thoughts and no pretense.

happy mother's day!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wish I had a family that was caring

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I am sorry that you don't. I hope you have at least one good friend that really loves you as you are. If not, I pray one comes along soon. It is a tough world we live in and I don't know how anyone could make it without a little help and love from someone who matters to them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Me too. Years go by and you think its going to get better inside, but it never really does. Well, I guess its a little better. But there's a hole in the soul where the garden never grows.

Alright enough pity-party. OP, give us some details. How did your mom throw u under the bus? Details, detals.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You do, my friend. And lo, here we be!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Okay details....

I went to visit my mom (different state) for a few days last week. She lives in a nice retirement community. We went down to lunch and I am chatting away with the other two women at the table. I happened to mention I was bi-polar and and one of the other women said she was also. I started talking to her about it and my mom very angrily looked at me and said: "Maybe she doesn't want to talk about it." The lady said she liked to talk about it so we continued to talk about it.

Back at my mom's room she told me that it was out of place to bring that up and I could see the problem was she was embarrassed about my illness.

So yesterday on the phone she related to me that she was talking with this bi-polar woman and someone else and the bi-polar woman mentioned to this woman that she meet met me and we talked about being bipolar. My mom told me this other woman said it was just horrible that I should bring that subject up.

I said "I am sorry, I embarrassed you" and started to get choked up which caused my mom to pull the her knife out of me and she put on her sweet, loving mother voice. At this point I said "good-bye".

It wasn't the first thing she's done to make me feel "not good enough". If anyone want to defend my dear mom, save your breath. My first psychiatric chewed her out once and her own mom criticized her for messing me up.

Seriously, I think she is evil. When she came to help out after my first son was born she and I both woke up with ashes on our faces even though nobody in the house smoked and it was summer time and there was no fire in the fireplace. I could say more, but I really feel that it is quite hard to "Honor your parents" while talking trash about her.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, your ATS family cares about you!! I've read many of your posts, and for someone who doesn't have a caring family, you certainly are a caring person yourself. You care about the rights of others, and for that, you have my utmost respect.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Seriously, I believe that people who have hateful, spiteful parents, need to completely cut them out of their lives. My grandmother treated my mother and my aunt like crap all their lives. Yet, they still try to have a relationship with the old biddy to this day. And she still hurts them all the time. Why put up with it? I keep telling my mother to just pretend like her mother is dead, and move on. Don't call, don't write, don't visit. Period. I haven't spoken to my grandmother in 15 years, and my life is just fine without her.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your advice is good. I actually tried this, but one of my older brother's who thinks nothing of getting in my face and telling me I am going to hell, yada yada yada will not let up. So I will do my best to avoid her by calling when I know she is at dinner.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Would you settle for an internet brother?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join