It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look into the future of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When I think of the future I can see nothing good coming our way. So I would like to state my prediction of our future. In the future (the near future rather than the far) I can see technology ripping up every shred of privacy and human rights. I can see drones the size of insects set to follow any "person of interest" (by which I mean anyone who has committed a crime, anyone who speaks their mind, anyone who is politically active, anyone who may be involved in trying to change the tyrannical ways of our overlords, etc, etc...). I can see america becoming a slum and things returning to the way they are amongst most countries. I can see people starving while the corporations suck them dry with slave labor. I can see our government selling this country out to the highest bidder without even pretending they are not. I can see people rebelling just to be put down like sick animals with weaponry that cannot be stood against. I can see slave camps for those who do not have skills seen as having any value. Every person working general labor or skilled labor will be put into these camps and worked to death. Anyone with a skill set above the bar they set will be given the minimum to live on. The country will be under constant threat and many of our young men and women will be sent to their deaths because human lives will be seen as less valuable than their technology. I can see death and famine split the world and everyone in the bottom half of the success pool being to hungry and sickly to fight back. I can see years of darkness over the horizon. I can see chemical oceans and smokey skies. I can see all this being forced upon us regardless of the cost by lunatics in power at this very moment. I can see this coming before 2015. By 2013 this prediction will start coming to fruition. By 2020 the world will no longer be run by people, just shadows of our former race. A race twisted by greed and hate. It will be the plane of the denizens who want humans to behave like ants and not think. And technology will usher in these types of capabilities. Only the rulers and upper classes will have the ability to think anymore. The rest will be mindless slaves.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

look on the bright side no peodaphile will be safe chances of crime will be slim ... bring it on

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, that certainly is something to have on one's chest and I can see why you envision that. Perhaps, in my past, I held the same view. However, all I can really say is that in my heart (perhaps, one of the most scientifically accurate instruments
), I think we are going to have a very painful wake up call, but we will overcome the BS and make it through.

I read a lot of 'off the cuff', abrupt responses here, on YT, in other forums, but I doubt that is a real representation of the people. I could be wrong and it wouldn't bother me to be so. However, I think people are more inclined to pull together than fracture. In all my experiences in emergency situations, everybody was attempting to work together, rather than challenge each other.

Nonetheless, let's hope it isn't as bad as you have written.
edit on 13-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow so your new over lord will be an ILord that will control every on through there I phones that's great that should make Apple a hole lot of money.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

look on the bright side no peodaphile will be safe chances of crime will be slim ... bring it on

Ha I think we will have bigger things to worry about than pedo's

Well, that certainly is something to have on one's chest and I can see why you envision that. Perhaps, in my past, I held the same view. However, all I can really say is that in my heart (perhaps, one of the most scientifically accurate instruments ), I think we are going to have a very painful wake up call, but we will overcome the BS and make it through. I read a lot of 'off the cuff', abrupt responses here, on YT, in other forums, but I doubt that is a real representation of the people. I could be wrong and it wouldn't bother me to be so. However, I think people are more inclined to pull together than fracture. In all my experiences in emergency situations, everybody was attempting to work together, rather than challenge each other. Nonetheless, let's hope it isn't as bad as you have written.

I am not claiming this came to me in a dream it just seems like the path we are heading down. Every day technology gets more frightening and we are on that cusp where unity between all wont matter. They are working diligently on making people less able to think and when the technology gets here we will all be stripped of conscious thought. Yeah it will probably start out with criminals in a "Justified" way but then it will leak into the lower classes and we will be nothing more than fleshy robots. Thats just the way I see things going. Look at the way they view us now at this very moment. Like sheep. The herd wont be depopulated they will be made into less whiny, more productive, easier controlled assets. Make more money off those that dont really need to have free time and leisure.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, to paraphrase something an associate of mine likes to say:

Futute of America: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

Futute of Europe: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

Futute of China: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

Futute of India: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

Futute of Russia: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

Futute of Japan: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

Futute of everywhere else: A tiny percentage of elites lives in luxury gated communities, consumes famous international luxury goods, and goes to school, marries, and does business with elites from other nations, with whom they have more in common than their own countrymen. Meanwhile, a large and increasingly poorer population lives in wretched squalor in slums or run-down shacks, huddling amid a ruined, toxic landscape.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
everyone is just a ray of sunshine around aren't they..god damn i've never seen a bigger gathering of depressing, gloomy people in my life

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

We are all so peachy and upbeat here arent we. Its kinda hard to see sunshine and rainbows during the drizzle

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Star for you!

That made it all worth it!

Why spend time worrying about something you have no control over?
I used to be all gloom and doomy, then it hit me one day. All of this thinking about how screwed up mankind was, was making me sick and depressed. So I changed what I was looking at all the time and now the world doesn't seem so bad.
And I am no longer worried if a nuke is going to land in my back yard or if the world is going to end, or we get hit by a meteor or big earthquake or whatever paranoia the world throws at me. I cannot stop it, so why worry?
That's not saying complacency, just changing focus.

Sure, bad things are going to happen, they always do. But deal with it when it gets to that point, live in the now and be happy.

But that is just what works for me.
Gloom and doom is a phase of spiritual "evolution" IMO.
Perhaps it is necessary to show that it is all in where you turn your attention.
Because what you focus on, you will experience in some way.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

There is a healthy way to look beyond doom and gloom and an unhealthy way. I hope yours is the healthy way. But I really couldn't say based on that post alone.

One of the things I know to be true, for me at least: I cannot be happy solely focused on the things immediately around me. I need to feel part of somehting larger than myself. I need a kind of transcendence to take me out of myself and connect me with something bigger and more awesome than my little daily routines and needs. Some people can be happy just going shopping or going fishing or whatever, and that's great for them, but I am not one of those people. I need to feel a connection with something more powerful and profound. There are multiple ways to do that. One way (not the only way I use, either) is to plug into the news and to examine society on a wider level. Even though the picture is grim, it still feels good and correct to engage with these kinds of larger social and historical ideas. I don't claim everyone has to do this, but I know I do, and I suspect many people on ATS d feel the same way.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Wow that is right on point! I am a complete news junky but when I get off the internet and do my normal daily things I dont think much about whats going on outside my bubble. I have a family and friends and do normal things. But when I get on this sight I really dive into whats going on in the world around me and I can see the world from the groups eyes and see where we are heading. I definitely feel plugged into something much larger than myself while here

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well, where-ever you feel pulled and compelled is where you should go really. Seeing the bigger pictures in life (there are more than one) and following those pictures paths and being aware of that fact helps a lot.
You can always change to another path and picture if you get my meaning.

My point was, if you pay to much attention to the world and all of the problems, you begin to take on the weight of those problems. Soon they become your problems even if they have nothing to do with you. Your mind will obsess and dwell in the thoughts of how crappy the world is and you sink into a depression.

Finding your place in the world opens up a lot of paths and pictures, just try not to dwell on the darkest ones, because some are a lot brighter. That was about all I was saying.

I stay in the now, and focus on what and who is around me. I always know that at some point, my higher purpose will show itself when need be, because that is what I do. Through work and friends, I make a difference in the world/people around me. That is all I can do, and it works. I always know I am a part of something "bigger" than I. Of that I have no doubt, but we do all we can do with what we have. Lemons to lemonade. Sometimes a simple smile can cause a chain reaction that spreads like the plague,a kind word, holding the door for a little old lady...random acts of kindness, seeing all sides of situations,just making a difference in someones life through simple actions. That is the now I live in, or try to anyways, some days its hard.

Before though...
I spent several years reading and researching things like Nostradamus,Edgar Cayce, Jean Dixon, G.M Scallion, Crowley, Lovecraft, just kind of experiencing the possible futures and looking for myself. It was enough to drive one mad. All that information about so many aspects of the future. All those windows and pictures of what terrible things could be,my own visions started to turn that way. I started to dream about nuclear wars and maps of battles, meteors, EQs, Aleins..... All of these possibilities swarmed in my head for years. Sure, now, I think I know whats going to happen, but then the next day something worse comes along and everything changes, because human nature changes at the drop of a dime. We are unpredictable for the most part as a species as a whole. Our future is not set in stone, so although you can look forward and see where we are heading, the picture and path will change as you walk it.

But yeah, ATS does bring a lot of people and ideas out into the open, it is a part of something bigger, no matter what direction you are coming from.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

The ruinous powers will fail, because they think they have subjugated us. Now let me tell you, I have seen people, already awake, organizing in this very minute, preparing for the powers to make the first step. I see things too. I too have dreamt of things yet to come.
Tell me, do you live in a big city? Some megalopolis with layers of people living in it? Let me give one piece of advice for free. When things go cattywampus, be ready to leave the concrete jungles as soon as you possibly can. We need to spread out, and then reorganize, after the initial 'bombardment'.
We can do this, believe me.

What you see, in the future, although might be right, is a disaster. A catastrophe. The fall of man.
What I see, is an opportunity, to free mankind. I have told the ugly truth, over and over again. They did not listen. It is a conditioning of the mainstream media. Makes you not give a crap. If they see it with their own eyes, they will be ready to take what is rightfully theirs.
Where you see the Fall of man, I see the Fall of The Man. Might not be any different, but at least we will have the chance to become what we were meant to become.

What is coming, will be unlike anything any living man has seen. It will be a completely new concept, and it will rip out all of us from our lives. Many things will break, Others will endure. Some may arise.

I wish you good luck staring down the face of hell. I only hope to live the day this will settle. And my days will be worthy if this unholy system of theirs will end. It will, though. I am not here to live an empty life.

new topics

top topics

join