It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we encountering angels and demons in our dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ever had dreams where you remember every single detail....i.e- events, places, sounds, words..etc....?
But.... you can NEVER remember certain characters who appear and accompany you throughout your dreams. Its like... when you wake up, you recall every single thing....except that one character who you encountered in your dreams?

Or sometimes, you dream of talking to complete strangers, who dont resemble anyody you know in real life. You can never recall what you were talking about...but for some reason you can recall this strangers features.

Example : I had a dream where a stranger helped me out... or at least accompanied me in a tough situation.

Also, ever had dreams where you see someone you know, but they seem a little "different".... or appear to show strange behavior in the dream.... or seem to change form in the dream? And you can't remember exactly what they did or said?

Example : I had a dream where I saw a friend from many years ago, who I have not kept in touch with.... except her face kept changing now and then... sometimes her lips went completely black, to reveal horrible teeth and saliva oozing out of her mouth. In the dream, I felt grossed out, but kept talking to her normally, thinking she was experiencing some health problems.

Example 2: I had a dream where I saw someone I work with ... except she was looking really strange, in a creepy sort of way. Subconsciously, I knew it was her, though she looked very different. It was the same experience again... strange eyes, strange teeth.... strange expressions. I do recall feeling extremely uneasy around this entity.

My questions are....
1. who or what do you think these entities are? (In dreams, I have met strangers of all kinds,.some benevolent, some malevolent)

2. Could they be spiritual entities such as angels and demons that we cannot see while we are awake?

3. When we dream, do we enter a realm where we actually make contact with these beings? (How do you explain of the surreal, other-worldly imagery that we experience in our dreams?)

4. Are angels and demons taking on forms of humans to communicate with us?

5. How much do we even know about where our consciousness goes when our bodies are asleep?

Again....this is just a thought I had. I am NOT proclaiming my personal theory as truth.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have encountered demons in my dreams. When I realize I am dreaming, I'm not scared and can kick their ass. Same thing when I'm being chased by raging animals or people who are trying to kill me. I become invincible.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

just a thought: my believe is, when you fly in your dreams, you are not flying you are flown by a non-human force. i believe it because, i once dreamt, some force lifted me up and flew over a "landscape", and i got this sedation that left me tired and totally relaxed. i was still conscious and hanging attached to this being, but i was flown. this force brought me somewhere else, i myself did not do anything just hanging relaxed. so i believe non-humans interact with humans, probably not only in dreams.

edit on 13-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I've experienced lucid dreams as well....where I realize I'm in a dream.
I've jumped great heights... fought off "evil" beings....and so on.

I am not talking about such dreams.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
just a thought: my believe is, when you fly in your dreams, you are not flying you are flown by a non-human force. i believe it because, i once dreamt, some force lifted me up and flew over a "landscape", and i got this sedation that left me tired and totally relaxed. i was still conscious and hanging attached to this being, but i was flown. this force brought me somewhere else, i myself did not do anything just hanging relaxed. so i believe non-humans interact with humans, probably not only in dreams.
If they are helping me when I fly, they don't do a good job. I say this because when I fly, I have to flap my arms, when I stop flapping I start falling.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

when I fly, I have to flap my arms, when I stop flapping I start falling.

never heard this before.

when you start to lift up, is it the force of your flapping arms or could it be combined ? when you start flapping your arms, this force give you the impression of lifting.
another thought: your own will and an additional force acting at the same time. when you have to laugh, it is a stimulus. have you tried to stop this stimilus, because you were not allowed to laugh ? you sort of hold it down, you put a force against this stimulus. i think there are two forces, the stimulus to laugh and the stopping.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have some experiences like that. I don't know if they're demons or just silly dreams.

From my limited reading of the early Christian monks, they considered demons to be manifestations of mental problems. Like there would be a demon of gluttony or a demon of laziness. So it makes sense that we would have demons in our dreams if they are merely products of our subconscious passions.
edit on 14-5-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Are angels and demons taking on forms of humans to communicate with us?

They take on human form in the physical world today to assist in various tasks. There are some elders here as well. (The 24 elders spoken of in Revelations.) They appear as humans. But, if you can see, you will see their true form. When in the dream state, they will appear as to which you are most compatible with.

How much do we even know about where our consciousness goes when our bodies are asleep?

Many people exit the body, they will see all things around them. Things that they cannot see, because they block it out while in the body. This vessel (the body), is just a resource that we use to experience life. Just like an astronaut puts on a space suit to experience space.

top topics

join