It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘bribe’ to silence Jeremiah Wright, “It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

‘Man, the media ate me alive,” Wright told me when we met in his office at Chicago’s Kwame Nkrumah Academy. “After the media went ballistic on me, I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

Read more: www.nypost.com...

“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”

“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place.

“Barack said, ‘I’m sorry you don’t see it the way I do. Do you know what your problem is?’ And I said, ‘No, what’s my problem?’ And he said, ‘You have to tell the truth.’ I said, ‘That’s a good problem to have. That’s a good problem for all preachers to have. That’s why I could never be a politician.’

You need to tell the truth?

Looks like Wright was telling the truth.

Closet friends, let me guess, V.J.

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

Gee, I would have asked for more.

edit on 113131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Disgusting, yet not unheard of.

Wright should be lucky they just didn't "Breitbart" him.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That's what I thought, when Obama said to him it could get worse much worse.

“And he said, ‘It’s going to get worse if you go out there and speak. It’s really going to get worse.’

edit on 113131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A question.

John Edwards is currently in court fighting fraud allegations for using campaign funds to pay bribes for his mistress.

How would this be different?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Barack said, ‘I’m sorry you don’t see it the way I do. Do you know what your problem is?’ And I said, ‘No, what’s my problem?’ And he said, ‘You have to tell the truth.’ I said, ‘That’s a good problem to have. That’s a good problem for all preachers to have. That’s why I could never be a politician.’

I am surprised lighting didn't strike

Yeah right!!

No difference between this and Edwards.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Reverend Wright should be lucky they do not let him drink himself to death?
What a weird way to respond to that story.
Let me try.

Any proof any of this is at all true or are we just assuming anything against Obama is true here? I see some familiar names from the forum I just left for that reason when I look around ATS. I am curious if the same level of skepticism is applied in politics as can be in the science threads.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow. It's little stories like this, about the leader of the free world, that I wish the MSM would run with...

Happy mothers day Michelle Obama

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Barack said, ‘I’m sorry you don’t see it the way I do. Do you know what your problem is?’ And I said, ‘No, what’s my problem?’ And he said, ‘You have to tell the truth.’ I said, ‘That’s a good problem to have. That’s a good problem for all preachers to have. That’s why I could never be a politician.’

I am surprised lighting didn't strike

Yeah right!!

No difference between this and Edwards.

What about the fact that with Edwards, you have facts, admissions, and named witnesses testifying in court whereas here you have what?
I do not see the comparison at all.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

you wont see anything to compare right now. everything on Edwards is coming out after the fact, and I'd imagine that if Obama loses in Nov everything there will come out too.

Chicago tactics at is finest though imo

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Think about how much the Obama team spent on covering up his birth certificate.

Bet it was quite a bit more than this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative

you wont see anything to compare right now. everything on Edwards is coming out after the fact, and I'd imagine that if Obama loses in Nov everything there will come out too.

Right, one is a fact that is known and the other is speculation with nothing to back it. Again I ask how they are the same?

Chicago tactics at is finest though imo

Idiots online reading a story and reacting to it without considering the validity at its lowest.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Think about how much the Obama team spent on covering up his birth certificate.

Bet it was quite a bit more than this.

Huh?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Interesting First Hand Account from the good Reverend. Thou shalt not lie Rev... Of course the defenders will simply discredit Obama's chosen pastor for 20 years in Chicago. That's all they can do...

Nice to hear him finally come clean after Obama repeatedly backed his campaign bus over him. Wright simply became a liability to Obama and was cast aside. Like so many others... Time to dig them all up... Pardon the pun..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Quite the paradox you have painted yourself into here. So now the Reverend is an honorable and good man? So then what would he need to be bribed to stop preaching for? I thought the problem was that he was a shady character and that was why it was bad that Obama went to his church. Now he is honest and just? So what is the problem with Obama attending his church?

Still waiting for any plausibility on this story at all. Apparently only people who do not wake up looking to hate on Obama need things like that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wait till the Obama bus,runs over Eric Holder.

This could get interesting.........

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Why? What does Eric Holder have to do with Jeremiah Wright? I did not see anything about him in the story.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

and ironically- neither does your post stay on topic.

On Topic- I hope all the lies come out.

Corrupt politicians make me want to yak all over the people who put them there.

150 g's? Id ask for a mil. might as well. and a bailout.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You figure that's coming too eh? I think he's just waiting for something else he knows may be coming for Justice to get a final black eye from, so Holder can take them all for the team before going out the window. I think it'll be at least Holder before Summer is out. Maybe another...but I'm keeping that guess to myself. We'll see what happens. I wouldn't get too comfy with the thought of staying much longer at Justice if I were Holder though.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Ramble and troll much??

Pardon my sarcasm in my post that clearly went over your head. Keep on trolling though.

Point of clarity

The rev. was a good enough character for Obama (20 years attending his sermons) UNTIL the truth came out. Then it was back the bus over him. Now that Rev. is telling his story, the Obama drones are out to fully discredit him No one ever called the Rev. a liar!! Just a radical with extreme views!! All of his sermons are recorded and the Obama camp ran from the truth.... The Rev. never lied... He was honest in his hate speech...

Move on pal!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Don't forget either....

The Rev Wright was the pastor that married the Obamas !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join