It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘bribe’ to silence Jeremiah Wright, “It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Wow. It's little stories like this, about the leader of the free world

I see no leadership qualities in this politician...

the leaders of the free world are the the citizens of the United States.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Gee, I would have asked for more.

He probably could have gotten a whole lot more.
He's just lucky he didn't end up dead like Donald Young.
If Wright threatens to write a book I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly was 'suicidal'.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal
reply to post by jibeho

Quite the paradox you have painted yourself into here. So now the Reverend is an honorable and good man? So then what would he need to be bribed to stop preaching for? I thought the problem was that he was a shady character and that was why it was bad that Obama went to his church. Now he is honest and just? So what is the problem with Obama attending his church?

Still waiting for any plausibility on this story at all. Apparently only people who do not wake up looking to hate on Obama need things like that.

Let me try and explain this to you. The Rev Wright teaches Black Liberation Theology, which has Marxist roots and involves race warfare. When it was discovered that he was the Obama's pastor for so many years, the Team Obama had to distance themselves from him and make excuses and say that Obama slept through all the sermons where Wright was damning America. If you do not want a skeleton in your closet to come out and say boo, what do you do? In this case, they told Wright to get lost and lay low for the duration of the campaign. It has nothing to do with Wright being good and honest, I'm thinking Wright felt jilted that his Marxist brother suddenly couldn't be seen at his Church. Otherwise why would he make a public statement about it? Obama threw his own granny under the bus.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
A question.

John Edwards is currently in court fighting fraud allegations for using campaign funds to pay bribes for his mistress.

How would this be different?

Because in the John Edwards case there was evidence. This is an article written by an author who wrote a birther book that was so out there it made Jerome Corsi look like a legitmate journalist.

At best this is Rev. Wright saying (assuming he even said it) that a friend of Obama made a comment about paying him not speak and sent it to a member of his congregration....???? Absent "I hate Obama" glasses...does that sound likely? Sent via email to a member of the congregation???

There would be an email record, don't you think this birther/journalist would have requested the people's names? He is purportedly sitting in the Rev.s living room, how about asking to look at the email? Strange there was no follow-up.

None of that occured to the author???

Not that I expect anyone to engage logic centers and see this utter BS by a Obama Hating Fiction author for what it is, but thinking is a healthy practice.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would like to know how many other people who know things about Obama were also BRIBED to keep their mouths shut. I sincerely doubt this is an isolated incident. And it was most likely campaign money. Church tithe would be tax deductible but we all know Democrat politicians are extremely stingy when giving to charities.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I would like to know how many other people who know things about Obama were also BRIBED to keep their mouths shut. I sincerely doubt this is an isolated incident. And it was most likely campaign money. Church tithe would be tax deductible but we all know Democrat politicians are extremely stingy when giving to charities.

I think that's how Washington works, almost everyone has dirt on almost everyone. Blackmail is how you get positions, whistle blowing is how you get dead.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Autumnal

and ironically- neither does your post stay on topic.

Ummm. This links back to a post asking about Rev. Wright and the topic. How is that not on topic? Do you not know what ironic means or did you reply to the wrong post? Rev. Wright is the topic. Someone brought up Eric Holder so I asked what that had to do with this topic.

WTF are you getting snippy with me about that for? How about sniping at the poster that posted nothing on topic I replied to?

Well nice to F'n meet you and thanks for the welcome.

On Topic- I hope all the lies come out.

Corrupt politicians make me want to yak all over the people who put them there.

150 g's? Id ask for a mil. might as well. and a bailout.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

Well that added nothing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I wish we stop taking sides, Democrat or Republican, black or white, male female, liberal conservative, we need to do what is best for the country, and fellow Americans.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"What happened is that after ABC’s Brian Ross broadcast the audiotapes --videotapes of the Rev. Wright God damning America and slamming whites and slamming Jews and America, he was contacted by one of Obama’s closest personal friends, a guy who travels on Obama’s plane, who plays basketball with him, who goes on vacations with him," author Ed Klein told Sean Hannity on his nationally syndicated radio program.

"I didn't name him in the book, but I can tell you who he is. His name is Dr. Eric Whitaker. Dr. Whitaker is the vice president of the University of Chicago Medical Center and he’s a member of Obama’s very tight inner-circle. And he sent an email to a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ," Klein said.

Klein notes that Michelle Obama worked at the same hospital as Whitaker and made $316k a year.

Klein reveals that Whitaker sent an email to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, offering him $150,000 to stay quiet and not do any public speeches until after the election in November 2008.

"Chicago politics is one hand feeds the other, as you know. And Eric Whitaker, a very close friend of the Obamas, sent an email to a member of the church saying that the Rev. Wright could get a $150,000 if he would shut up and not criticize Obama anymore," Klein said.

"Then, after Rev. Wright said, 'no thank you,' Obama himself paid a personal call on the Rev. Wright," he said. The face-to-face meeting took place in March 2008, 10 days after Obama's famous "race speech" took place.
www.realclearpolitics.com...
"Now we know that this is true, not only because the Rev. Wright told me so, but because the Secret Service logs logged in this meeting. So we have confirmation that it actually took place," Klein said.

Whitaker sent an email to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, offering him $150,000 to stay quiet and not do any public speeches until after the election in November 2008.

"Now we know that this is true, not only because the Rev. Wright told me so, but because the Secret Service logs logged in this meeting. So we have confirmation that it actually took place,"

He talks about how he got the interview with Wright.

Tape recorded, interview with Wright BTW.

Pay close attentions to the end of this interview with Klein,

Did you convert Obama from being Muslim to Christian,
Wright, " I wouldn't go that far."

All on tape, "What you need is some coaching on Christianity."

The problem is not that he may be Muslim, the problem is why he has continually lied.
edit on 083131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 083131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Longtime Obama pal Eric Whitaker keeps popping onto political scene

Whitaker — who now runs the Urban Health Initiative (UHI) out of the University of Chicago Medical Center

Also on Monday, White House Dossier reported that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has awarded the UHI a $5.9 million taxpayer grant.
dailycaller.com...
The UHI was originally inspired by a program created by Michelle Obama when she was a highly paid executive at the University of Chicago Medical Center. She was involved in creating the UHI as a means of pushing low-income Chicagoans with non-urgent ailments away from the university’s emergency room and toward neighborhood clinics.

Whitaker now leads that project.

Obama’s relationship with Whitaker also intersected politically in 2008 when then-Sen. Obama sought to fend off questions regarding his political proximity to Tony Rezko.

Rezko, in his prior role as former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s fundraiser and adviser, had his business associates appointed to various positions and boards in the state. Using that leverage, Rezko was able to illegally demand financial kickbacks from businesses looking to set up shop in Illinois.

Hello chickens, coming home to roost?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

‘ I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

Wright's story has changed on this....it smells like BS...Where is the email, or did no one bother to ask?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Let me try and explain this to you.

Well gosh when you start off with condescension I cannot do anything but listen openly to all you have to share.

The Rev Wright teaches Black Liberation Theology, which has Marxist roots and involves race warfare. When it was discovered that he was the Obama's pastor for so many years, the Team Obama had to distance themselves from him and make excuses and say that Obama slept through all the sermons where Wright was damning America. If you do not want a skeleton in your closet to come out and say boo, what do you do? In this case, they told Wright to get lost and lay low for the duration of the campaign. It has nothing to do with Wright being good and honest, I'm thinking Wright felt jilted that his Marxist brother suddenly couldn't be seen at his Church. Otherwise why would he make a public statement about it? Obama threw his own granny under the bus.

Yeah but this supposedly happened AFTER the media got ahold of him and the right wing media tossed his name against every wall they could find so that tosses out that theory.
To what is I guess your point. Are you telling me that he is a good and honest and just man or not?
It has everything to do with whether or not he is to be believed.

I hope that explains that to you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Whitaker sent an email to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, offering him $150,000 to stay quiet and not do any public speeches until after the election in November 2008.

"Now we know that this is true, not only because the Rev. Wright told me so, but because the Secret Service logs logged in this meeting. So we have confirmation that it actually took place,"

The secret service logged what meeting? I thought this was an email?
Who got the secret service logs? Where are they?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yeah but this supposedly happened AFTER the media got ahold of him and the right wing media tossed his name against every wall they could find so that tosses out that theory.
To what is I guess your point. Are you telling me that he is a good and honest and just man or not?
It has everything to do with whether or not he is to be believed.

Still trolling eh?
What happened AFTER the media got a hold of him?? His preaching of the Black Liberation theology?? HIs preaching of HATE?? Plenty of archived sermons to refute that claim. 20 years of it while Obama was a member of his church. Wright has been at it since 1972.

Nice history lesson on Wright
spectator.org...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
ATS Thread - Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
Old thread but a good one.
It's all you need to know about the racist mess Obama called his church for 20 years.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ATS Thread - Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
Old thread but a good one.
It's all you need to know about the racist mess Obama called his church for 20 years.

This church is as much a hotbed of racism as the evangelical church is a hotbed of domestic terrorists who kill doctors, or the catholic church is a hotbed of pedophiles...etc..etc..

It is an old and bigoted attack. I have no doubt that Rev. Wright has said a great deal of irresponsible things, but no more than any other preacher looking to engage his congregation.

I also think Rev. Wright has not done well in the spotlight and that he is abit of an attention monger and that these comments without evidence are a result of that. The "Author" also wrote a book about Obama that even the average birther derides as fiction....yes it was that "out there".

Rev. Wright's story has shifted numerous times on this...Did he get an email? A member of his congregation? Where is the email? If it was sent to memebr of his congregation, then who is that person? Why didn't the author go for the obvious bombshell and get the email/offer??? The obvious answer is that the story sells best...as well as the book...absent actual evidence, because there is none.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hannity: And this is all on tape.

Klein: This is all on tape.

Hannity: When can I play these tapes?

Klein: I’d be happy to give them to you.

Hannity: Can I have a copy of the whole 3 and a half hours?

Klein: Absolutely.

Hannity: I’d love a copy of that and, believe me, we’re going to play them.

So the author claimed to have Rev. Wright talking about the bribe on tape and Hannity asked for them and promised to play them...WHERE ARE THOSE TAPES??

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
[

Still trolling eh?
What happened AFTER the media got a hold of him?? His preaching of the Black Liberation theology?? HIs preaching of HATE??

Preaching hate? I must have missed that part but I never went to his church. Sounds like you are just spewing right wing talking points at me without any actual thought of your own behind them. What hate was he preaching and please be specific about when and how often.

Plenty of archived sermons to refute that claim. 20 years of it while Obama was a member of his church. Wright has been at it since 1972.

Really? They recorded all his sermons and speeches for 20 years and you have gone through them all?
Wow. That is some bull# you got there.

What happened after the media got ahold of him? He kept preaching, the damage to Obama was done, people got bored with it and it went away. I am still waiting for you to tell me why anyone would bribe him to stop preaching after all that happened. It makes no sense.

Nice history lesson on Wright
spectator.org...

I will look that over when I get home. I am going to guess it is a blog or some crap that tries to steer me to something specific they want me to see.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Here is a link to a portion of the audio tapes where Wright speaks on a variety of topics. Including claim that the Clinton campaign was paying African American reverends to openly attack Wright.

www.theblaze.com...

It's all in Wrights own words. Sorry its from The Blaze but, you won't hear it on MSNBC.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Clearly you need to do your homework. Start combing the archived ATS threads on Wright... There are decades of his recorded sermons with Wright preaching HATE for the USA, Jewish people, White people etc etc its all there....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join