It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way of the Warrior: Spiritual Perfection or Spiritual Perversion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

exactly, u r absolutely right

but when lies are living then death is real, so truth need pushs up

the point to keep in mind is that lie is not true

that is how they mean warrior would kill another, which is absurd noone can kill another one
barely one can mean another really barely

but in truth what could mean truth rights of existence fact, so what hate ones life and mean lies to b killed, is what mean truth rights first so only through positive supports at least to itself it could mean worse hell to liars and lies

while when truth is meant, then it is always through absolute objective and freedom right constancy

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

It seems to me that this warrior thing in men, and in women in a lessor extent, is actually bred into our Human Genetic Makeup, by those who made us. So it just figures that our Creators are a Warrior Race also. What has to be done, is already in motion, in a manner of speaking. The DNA coding has been cracked by genome scientists, and in the future it will be possible to just delete that warrior gene from the mix, along with any genetic illness, mental weakness, cancer, or any other disorder, even down to hair and eye color, height and weight. Notice I said it will be "possible" to do this. The question is, will it be done?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This is how warriors were selectively bred here in the past. A wooden disk was rolled down an impossibly steep hill. The warriors would chase it. The overall winner was then the tribe stud for a year. At the end of the year the other men had the right to kill him, which of course they all wanted to do by then. He could choose to die in his local area or travel to a far flung community. The children of the tribe were told they could not marry a partner born the same year as them. In this way a tough, warrior breed was assured.

Chris, seen here in the green shirt, used to train at night. If he knocked himself unconscious he lay there till morning. He may not have the appearance of a Greek God but believe me, he is held in the highest esteem.

May put in a shameless plug? Can I ask you to view this on youtube and read the top-rated comment. I'm underterraingrunter. This comment being voted up shows how this ancient tradition is symbolic of our tribal independence from centralised government.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Kester because: addition

edit on 13-5-2012 by Kester because: addition

edit on 13-5-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
War is just a valid excuse to steal wealth and resources.

Thout shalt not kill.

Everyone with blood on their hands, goes to hell. Everyone. Unless of course they seek forgivness before the day they die.

Only YHWH can take back what He created. No mortal has the right to take a life.

Come on. . . Your words a prime example of why the world hates Christians. First off you cannot balance law with grace. We are no longer under the law of Moses, we are under the covenant of grace. The power of sin is law. The church has twisted the truth and it's rare nowadays for a Christian to really know the truth. But on to my point. . 'Thou shall not kill' prohibits UNJUST killing. You must understand it in the correct context to be able to grasp the meaning. The original Hebrew which states Lo tirtzach [you shall not murder], has been grossly misinterpreted and misunderstood for centuries. In the event that killing is absolutely necessary (to protect ones self of another) it is NOT a sin.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Life makes struggle and competition inevetable for everyone. War is an extreme manifestation of struggle and competition, but these are things everyone must face in some form or another. I think that the "way of the warrior" as it has developed in different cultures can be seen as a bold and very brave form of spirituality that confronts this aspect of life head-on and refuses to ignore it or retreat into hazy, idealistic dreams. It's a form of spirituality that involves "getting your hands dirty" and really engaging with life. Which is why the asthetic of purity and stainlessness is so important for the Way of the Warrior. The boots are polished to a spit-shine because the warrior knows what it is to tramp through mud; the sword gleams brightly and stainlessly because the warrior knows what it is to see it streaked with gore, and so on.

Where it gets tricky is when you have to integrate the "softer" but no-less-vital dimensions of spirituality like love, mercy, and compassion. A spiritual warrior (whether in real war or simply engaging with the difficulties of daily life) recognizes that he must struggle and compete, but part of him maintains a respect for his adversary, a sense of love, even, perhaps, in those who are able to master this tricky path. At the very least, it involves acknowledging the humanity of you opponent, which is a form of dignity and an ideal common to warrrior codes in all times and places.

edit on 5/13/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kester

Chris, seen here in the green shirt, used to train at night. If he knocked himself unconscious he lay there till morning. He may not have the appearance of a Greek God but believe me, he is held in the highest esteem.

I'm wrong here.
I had the wrong idea about what a good looking man looks like. Hardly surprising considering my proclivity.
Chris looks every inch the hero he is.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet

The question becomes: Is the fusion of spirituality and warfare valid, or merely a way of glorifying and living with something far uglier and brutal? Is it a path to spiritual growth, or a perversion of spirituality’s most sacred core valuses of compassion and mercy?

To pick but one of many examples, the Zen detachment of a Bushido practitioner sounds beautiful on paper, but the Rape of Nnking was one of humanity’s greatest tragedies, and Japan’s medieval samurai wars were exercise in mass slaughter, bringing pain to millions. Of course other examples abound.

I have no answer for you, ATS. I want to hear your opinions. Any issues touching on this subject are open for discussion in this thread.

Nice post.

It seems to me that moral codes and spirituality in warfare are man's attempt to justify his actions to himself, so as to not be overcome by the truth of his violent nature. My answer is no, spirituality and warfare are not valid, or at least not valuable. Honour is pure vanity.

A warrior code seems like a "hall-pass" of sorts, something to briefly excuse the warrior from the morals of a civilian. It's a lie to oneself, so that he welcomes, rather than avoids, death and violence. It's food for thought—so one can sleep soundly at night despite his evil deeds—nothing else.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If a person tries to steel or hurt you, what do you do? You defend yourself. Conflict is inevitable when someone interfere with other. What are the alternatives? Submission to the attacker? Conflict is often necessary to honor all the great values of life like justice, liberty, equality and so on...

So to answer your question, yes, war can be very spiritual if you are defending all the great values of light: love, peace, tolerance, liberty, freedom of choice, equality, justice, etc etc
edit on 17-5-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

the issue is more about present futur, that is why few will defend truth rights or else rights or even themselves true rights, mostly everyone defend himself only from worse since when he is killed or tortured then he cant keep pretending saving himself to justify his silence about what is obviously wrong

but it is more an objective issue then values issues

of course there is an absolute perfect truth that justified existence freedom, now that truth could b burried too at least for long times and for sure to a lot more relative spaces isolated from

so a lot of conscious free rights are surely tortured away of their rights while also powerful wills are focusing on building space from killing truth rights by claiming its opposite being right, so slavery and objects possessions

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join