It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Physicists Smash Distance Record For Teleportation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

So what you are saying, basically, is that the sub-atomic signal needs to be sent in accordance with the information, an attachment on the carrier wave. That's doable.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Incredible news - A cracking post too. Especially the emerging idea of communication, I hope this leads to space technology and not military - the 3d printing thing is an interesting notion too.

Now - ATS I ask you, what can you do with a photon? (Genuine question, I'm not a student of such a field).

Why don't you tell us? I wouldn't see one if I knew one.

Oh oh I have one balanced on my nose!lol
edit on 5/12/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

How so?

Well it is very meaningfull in the sense that it points us towards the real nature of "reality".

Is there any way around that? So you are saying the instant communication at a distance as in the example between two stars above is impossible? Not challenging you, but not following you, either.

Up till now there isn't a way around that. From what I understand from earlier entanglement experiments, and from this one.

I have to do some research and think about this some more before I can give a good answer.

One thing is for sure, the experiment in your OP has nothing to do with interstellar or FTL communication, and it is not trying to do so.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Quantum systems can become entangled through various types of interactions (see section on methods below). If entangled, one object cannot be fully described without considering the other(s). They remain in a quantum superposition and share a single quantum state until a measurement is made.[22]

My theory about why FTL communcation by means of entanglement is not possible, is because there never is a communication between Alice and Bob.

If detector Alice measures the state of one partner, the other one at detector Bob has to have the opposite spin.

But this can only be verified and true if a human looks at both Alice and Bob.

If Alice and Bob are galaxies apart there is no way to verify them both, for both parties. At least not faster than light.

The only reason that it seems like information travels FTL between Alice and Bob in entanglement experiments here on Earth, is because Bob adapts to what the experimenter knows about Alice.

Imo.

edit on 12-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
awesome news i guessing darpa already mastered it n that case

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Anybody remember the self-named computer engineer that had a brief run on ATS last year and later his own blog for a short time? He claimed that he and a fellow computer engineer had discovered that we were sending quantum "radio" signals from a transmitter on Mars back to Earth.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
in a hundred years everyone will be a yogi doing magic but calling it science lol. experience has shown that the brain is a very powerful machine. but im sure most of you dont wanna hear anything about that

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

China probably stole the information from the USA

Who do you think we have working in our Research Labs and Defense Contractors?

Chinese.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Finally Mcdonalds could deliver yes!!

Seriously though, I wonder how long it will actually take before this tech will be uselfull in our everyday lives?

That's if we ever see it, the military probz will stop that

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Astral Profection

As the article points out, the distance involved and use of a guide laser suggest an effort geared toward secure communication via satellite, although the technology could also be used to transmit data line-of-sight.

Considering the sensitivity of such an application, it seems rather odd that the world would be notified of this development. Also, absent independent duplication and confirmation of the results, it's wise to allow for the possibility that some or all of the claims made could be erroneous.

Oh what an entangled web we weave, when first we practice to transceive.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Its a baby step, for now, my DSL connection still rules over this.
Cant be said in future, I'm expecting to transfer entire hard disk in future,
in single blip, of course.

Then its get dirty, entire programmed stuff transfered to your brain, affecting your synapses etc, next thing you know, you and everyone are perfecting the Illuminati orders and willing to die for Lucifer. (Hint: Its what you eat)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I hate to play the devils advocate here ... well, actually I dont. :-)

There are thousands of aspects not being considered here. One aspect is, that the measurement affects the system. Another is, that the readings are more from wishful thinking than realistic views.

The fact we are looking at, is not "wormholes", but our view of space. What this basically tells us, is that our understanding of time and space, is skewed.

Particles can't move across a distance, as suggested. The fact they do, needs to be investigated ... because it suggest, that Van der Val is not merely a singular instance, but in effect everywhere. That distance and space, is merely a function of energy.

The key notion that should lead you towards this, is that the notion of "vacuum" *must* be bocus ... there is no vacuum, can't exist. The Universe didn't explode into nothing ...

I'll leave it at that ...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Now - ATS I ask you, what can you do with a photon? (Genuine question, I'm not a student of such a field).

i Kind of guesws that it could be used for instant communication.A system that cannot be eve dropped on because it does not travel through the space inbetween...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
Perhaps now, we will be using the same technology that more advanced races are,using?

Perhaps discovering this technology are the thresholds that others await us to cross before they make themselves known and a part of our lives. Interesting thought there.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The instant transfer (no time passed) of information has been happening for a minimum of 40+ years. It's called Remote Viewing.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is goodnews for mainstream science.
But yes objects can be teleported thru portals, though navigation is of essence

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Not to fearmonger or anything but do you really want China to be a technological powerhouse as well as a manufacturing powerhouse? The only thing that's keeping China from becoming a superpower beyond the 'States is their lack of technological initiative, if you will. If they gain the initiative from a technological perspective, than they will become the new center of commerce in the world, leaving us to devolve into the quagmire that we are so readily heading towards. Not to sound nationalistic or anything, but I would rather that Canada keeps it's reputation as being part of the technological backbone of the Western world. I do realize that this can't keep up forever, but I don't like being poor any more than you do lol.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
wow this was a really fast thread...

How do we start with science in the fist post (photons, teleportation, 3d printing etc), and next page we're into witchcraft and supernatural mumbo jumbo like astral projection and remote viewing?

Never seen an interesting thread derail so fast... wow!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
wow this was a really fast thread...

How do we start with science in the fist post (photons, teleportation, 3d printing etc), and next page we're into witchcraft and supernatural mumbo jumbo like astral projection and remote viewing?

Never seen an interesting thread derail so fast... wow!

I dunno, usually someone comes along and makes a totally pointless post that is completely off-topic.

As for RV, you have no idea what you are talking about but feel free to do so, on topic, here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whereupon you will find that the transfer of information in RV is instantaneous, outside the space-time boundaries and, hence, completely on topic for this thread.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Great news btw... Now combine this with a powerful working Quantum computer, we will attain the next level of the internet.

edit on 5/13/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join