It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oldest Conspiracy on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
" For THE LOVE of money, is the root of all evil " 1 Timothy 6 :10

Anybody care to dispute this ultimate truth ? People will make themselves slaves to it, if it doesn't enslave them first. Most of us now days have come to know money, is just another form of slavery, that grants men an
illusion of freedom.

People go hungary, some even starve because they simply don't have money and have no way of getting any.
Every human being alive on the planet has a right to eat but sadly, money negates that right quite efficiently.
While people striving to gain more money, genetically engineer foods, that are tasteless and a detriment to our bodies. instead of nourishing them.

Money is a man made thing so, why wouldn't that mean that those who make the money, have a never ending supply. Certainly having that kind of power, over men and society, would cause any man to believe he is God sooner of later. Just think, what would you do with a never ending supply of money ?

People will kill each other for even the smallest amounts of money. Some kill themselves because they could never get enough. Others because they lost all of thiers somehow or another. People will lie, cheat, con. steal,
even sell thier own children for money. Indeed Mammon, was coined as a false god. A demon of unjust worldly
gain. The english word money finds it's roots in Mammon.

Money divides humans into classes and enables those who have it, to dominate or eliminate and judge those who don't.

All of the evil in this world suddenly looks very weak when we realise we don't even need it. We can have a world with out money and all this crap that comes with it. I'm not just talking about a cashless society either. I'm talking about a society where everyone lives equally and comfortably. And I believe the key, is to nagate the oldest conspiracy I know, that has succeeded from as far back as our memory goes. We should try something new.

That's what that verse being in the Bible tells me

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Because of money,

A few can control many.

edit on 12-5-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Alright ! Thank you for that Dusty ! " Oh by the way which one's Pink ? "

I think you know the name of the game 3333----------------> boy !

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Indeed Mammon, was coined as a false god. A demon of unjust worldly
gain. The english word money finds it's roots in Mammon.

The word "money does not have origins in the word "Mammon". Mammon is greed, riches and wealth.

Money is just a means to exchange goods and services. It is convenient to blame money for all the woes of the world, but that's too simplistic. Mammon (i.e. greed) is a problem and greed may be made manifest by a seeking to accumulate more and more money for selfish and self serving reasons, but that does not make money bad per se.

Regards

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And where does that "right to eat" that every human being on the planet has come from exactly?

I could walk out of my house right now with not a cent to my name and eat, it might not be a steak or corn or a hamburger but I could eat.

I think I would stop thinking of things as rights, because there are none. You have a right to die and thats about it really. Everything else is subjective.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It didn't take too long at all for people to enter this thread and turn the O.P.'s assertion into "money is the root of all evil" even though Randy was diligent in his effort to highlight in all caps FOR THE LOVE of all money. There is a difference.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
money is a modern concept

the oldest conspiracy would have to be murder

zogg and chakka murdered ugga for his club and speartips

but seriously, the concept of self is the root of all evil. you wouldn't hoard anything if you felt part of a community

so it is the idea of individualism or "self" that is the root of all evil

edit on 12-5-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Love conquers money.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Try say there is humor in truth, and truth in humor. I searched for a vid, but could find none. Fortunately, we have a script. For your concideration, the Venture Brothers:

HUNTER
Now, let me get a good look at you. Good god they're making them big nowadays! Don't they know there's a gas crunch on? Look at the size of you!
[Brock looks at his arms and hands with some confusion]

HUNTER
[clears throat] Samson, Brock. Born Omaha, Nebraska to a single mother. Half Swedish, quarter Polish, quarter Winnebago! You lost your virginity at fourteen and have one brother and you enjoy motorcross. The Brock Samson you knew and were is dead! [he lights Brock's file folder on fire with his cigarette] Happy birthday, Frankenstein! You're OSI's baby now. Are you prepared to do whatever your country asks of you?

BROCK
Yes.

HUNTER
Can you keep your head about you when confronted with mind-blowing weirdness at every turn?!

BROCK
Yes.

HUNTER
Are you ready for anything?

BROCK
Yes!

[pause]

HUNTER
Are you still ready for anything?

BROCK
Ye-

[HUNTER extends a club-like weapon and smashes Brock across the knees]

HUNTER
Wr-ong!!

BROCK
[in pain] Oh son of a bitch!!

HUNTER
Lesson number one; trust no one. The minute god crapped out the third caveman a conspiracy was hatched against one of them. Get up damn you!!
[Brock groans and gets to his feet. Gathers tosses Brock a jetpack.]

HUNTER
Strap her on, kid. Your training starts now. When I'm through with you you'll be a member of the elite agency that's been thanklessly defending this bigass country since the second American Revolution. The invisible one.
[Hunter hits a button on the wall and the wall b behind him slides open to reveal that they have been on a plane the entire time. Brock looks highly surprised.]

HUNTER
Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence, Samson. [he flies out of the office]

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Thatavatar is quite interesting
edit on 12-5-2012 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Paraphi

Mammon (i.e. greed) is a problem and greed may be made manifest by a seeking to accumulate more and more money for selfish and self serving reasons, but that does not make money bad per se.

Thank you for confirming that it is

THE LOVE

of money that is the root of all evil.

Not money.

Sput

You forgot taxes. You also have a right to pay taxes. Get your mind out of this world for just a sec to imagine one without money. Try to solve any problems you see.
edit on 12-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

A very keen eye you have my good man. Didn't take much to lead them away did it ?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I thought you'd appreciate some Floyd.

Good topic.

In this world we need money to get by.

Greed, or the love of money is what causes a lot of problems.

I do think that money is a conspiracy.

Designed to allow a few individuals ( and getting even fewer these days) to control the masses.

How 'bout them student loans...............

edit on 12-5-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute
Love conquers money.

That sums it up in a nut shell doesn't it klute. You get it even though I didn't drive at it real hard. You captured the ultimate message here. If we could just stop and tear down these systems that have enslaved us. And give to each all that which is created by man as a collective. Give to everyone who contributes to society that which they need first and then the things they desire ? Wouldn't that disperse the riches of the world more evenly?

Possibly putting a Ferrari in every garage. All we have to remove is money and we would remove the love of money. Leaving even more love to go around so no children in Africa starve to death. No one gets murdered for the money they have on them. And no politicians would be recieving a bribe and on and on.

Another point that can be made here is that even this fantasy would be far better, than the reality we seem to be stuck with now. It' seems to be all about mans belief that he must enslave his fellow man, to have and to hold the power, that constitutes his unabated greed.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Love of money is the love of power. If you don't love power, do you love being weak? The ones who love power are extremely considerate of their own survival and that of their offspring.

I almost consider it to be a healthy thing. I think most of us fight for ourselves, but when it comes to today's society, it's like we know we don't have a chance. The game is already won by a small number of people. People do earn millions and billions and have more security, but it's very rare in terms of the total population. Most of us are just not the type to do that. It takes a certain type of person to be able to do that.

I don't blame the rich for doing what they do, but I would feel wrong doing it myself. I think they do it out of fear. I would probably do the same, if I could, because if it weren't me, it'd be someone else. There's always someone to blame. There's always someone better, someone meaner, someone breaking the rules. Break them yourself and play it by their own rules if it makes you feel better.

It would be great if we all began life with equal chance. It's very tilted, though. You can either look at the people at the top and feel poor, or look at the people below you and feel rich. If you don't have money, think of the free time you have to spend as you please. To me, that's worth more than money.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yes, money is bad thing. But there isn't alternatives, except if you go communistic system. But people are not developed enough for communism, since there is always people that want to control other people or people who don't contribute to society at all.

With communism everyone would have job, but communism is total utopia and not reachable for human mind

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Greed,power and most of all, control are what make the concept of money evil. There it is, TPTB in a nutshell.

If it were used fairly and all had the same amount it wouldn't be evil anymore. That is impossible and very unrealistic with the current systems in place.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Money doesn't create human hierarchy. Nature does. Humans are primates. In general, primates are social animals with hierarchies (often bloodline directed) led by Alphas (typically male).
Watch a nature special about Baboons. Other than the technology we use, there is little difference.
Like other socially organized animals, groups/tribes/packs compete for territory and resources.
Money is a just a tool that allows human to act as they are genetically directed to.
We are no more than a short term dominant animal species. Not even a footnote in the Earth's biography.
Enjoy it while you can.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think the statement is only half right. The "LOVE" of anything taken to an extreme is the root of all evil.
You can take land for an example. People have fought more over territory than anything else history. When the love of a religion or an ideology is taken too far you get things like the witch trials and concentration camps. You can see it in almost every category of life as well. You get obsessed stalkers, fanatics of any sort where there activity begins to harm their family and daily lives and I can go on and on.

You know... as strange as it sounds it almost seems like love is the root of all evil. Just the right amount of love=good, go overboard into obsession or don't have enough = evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join