It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Romney Have Brain Damage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Wiki post about this has been thoroughly scrubbed but from a 2007 NY Times piece, Romney was involved in a head-on collision while in France during his missionary days that put him in a coma for 2-3 days. Residual brain damage (a coma practically guarantees it) would explain his apparent inability to 'remember' the bullying in high school, and maybe his seeming total lack of real compassion and his flat personality. Here's the NY Times link, quoted in part below:

www.nytimes.com...

Survivors recall tragic car crash in France with Romney
By Michael Paulson
Published: Sunday, June 24, 2007

BERNOS-BEAULAC, France — The mission car was packed that day.

The president of the Mormon mission to France, H. Duane Anderson, was eager to get out to visit congregations after a difficult May in which travel in France had been severely limited because a general strike had caused a gasoline shortage.

There were six people in a car that would comfortably seat five, but otherwise it was an ordinary drive that happened to turn tragic.

On the way back from Pau, the car was hit head-on and Anderson's wife, Leola, was killed.

Anderson's driver, a 21-year-old missionary named Mitt Romney, is now a leading candidate for the Republican nomination for president of the United States, with the June 16, 1968, accident one of his rare dark moments.

Romney, who was seriously injured in the crash and was momentarily feared dead, has long said there was nothing he could have done to avoid the tragedy.

More at the link.
edit on Sat May 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

"Mitt was just coming out of his coma, but his face was all swollen, his eye was almost shut, and one arm was fractured," Robinson said. "We didn't have CT scans or MRIs in those days, but we got what tests we could to show that he was OK, and that he was certainly going to survive, although he probably came within a hair of not surviving."

But Robinson said Romney recovered quickly without surgery, benefiting in part from his youth and general good health.

Wow, that's creepy if you compare that with this :

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Residual brain damage (a coma practically guarantees it) would explain his apparent inability to 'remember' the bullying in high school, and maybe his seeming total lack of real compassion and his flat personality.
reply to post by signalfire

It's possible but I would bet it has more to do with his MKUltra/Monarch programming.
His father was involved in it, so you can bet Mitt would not have escaped it.
Link-The apple does not fall far from the tree

Perhaps it's a bit of both.
His father was pretty high up in the Mormon church as well. And the Mormon Church is well
known (if you pay attention) for it's involvement with the CIA. That alone should give
everyone pause.

edit on 12-5-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I dont find Mitt to have a flat personality at all.

This is low journalism. Very low.

Im no Romney fan but this is dispicable. What next?
edit on 12-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

A lack of compassion along with a concern only for oneself and a flat personality sounds to me like a sociopath.. (I apologize, but I'll never call Sociopathy the new term "Anti-social personality disorder". Makes it sound like its bad bout of shyness - It's far worse, and vastly more dangerous, but I digress!)

I'm not sure it's possible to be inflicted with that, or at least the odds are against it. That's not to take away from you've found, OP. Being in a coma for 2-3 days could do a bad number to the brain like you stated. Makes me wonder, though. Was Romney different than he was before his accident as he is now?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is.....WHy does France need missionaries?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
What I'm wondering is.....WHy does France need missionaries?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe he went to that mission as a mormon.

Seriously !

WASHINGTON, Nov. 14 — In December 1968, Mitt Romney returned home from a Mormon mission in France to find a changed country.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 12-5-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes, all Mormon youth are required to take two years as a missionary, trying to recruit new members. I don't know what Romney's personality was like beforehand, but the bullying anecdotes give a clue. His wife who knew him from before, was quoted as saying he came back 'a different person'.

Besides the whack-job religion, besides the ridiculous amount of wealth he has always had (he makes 40K a DAY in investment income alone), can you see this man at the head of the table of any large corporation actually taking care of details, much less at the head of the situation room table with the Joint Chiefs of Staff looking at him for a decision? In some ways, he's worse than Bush II. The ONLY reason the Republican party is pushing this guy is that he looks the part, much like a Ken doll looks like a good mate for Barbie.

And I don't see how the initial post is yellow journalism. He was in a serious accident, and sustained a head injury, and now says he 'can't remember' some highlights of his days in school. He's either a liar, or his memory is impaired, and both make him unsuitable for high office. Look up 'serious concussion' and 'coma' for more about what happens to the brain when it sloshes around inside the cranium in a bad accident. There are shearing forces that you will never recover from. Considering that the first policeman at the scene proclaimed him dead, he must have been seriously injured indeed.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yea I was waiting for something like this. Seems like every candidate has some Loser faux psychologist waiting on the Internet to "diagnose" them with "totally accurate and probable" mental problems based on nothing but deluded partisanship. Have you ever met the guy? I'll answer this for you "no but..." ok then shut up, and stop using disability as some kind of weird passive aggressive weapon. It's pathetic.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul could answer this question.

He's a Doctor.

But if you want a President...

on second thought...is Romney brain located near his privates? if not Ron Paul won't be helpful at all.
edit on 12-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

is Romney brain located near his privates?

Probably, but a little more to the back.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

Yea I was waiting for something like this. Seems like every candidate has some Loser faux psychologist waiting on the Internet to "diagnose" them with "totally accurate and probable" mental problems based on nothing but deluded partisanship. Have you ever met the guy? I'll answer this for you "no but..." ok then shut up, and stop using disability as some kind of weird passive aggressive weapon. It's pathetic.

I don't have to meet him, seeing him on tv and reading the history is plenty. There's obviously something wrong with the guy.

He has said he can't remember getting a bunch of other 18 year olds together, going down a hallway and finding a student one year younger than him, and holding him down (with help) while the kid cried and screamed for help and cutting his hair repeatedly with scissors. One of the students involved is now a lawyer and says that if this case were brought to him now for consideration, he would file charges of a hate crime with a weapon (the scissors).

He was in an accident a few years after this incident and WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE SCENE; he was in a coma for 2-3 days afterwards and you're saying now he's fine and dandy enough to be president, including controlling the most dangerous armed forces in the world?

He's either a liar or he's memory impaired. Which do you want in the Oval Office?

top topics

join