It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want Felony charges for this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, this dude has to be dumb as a box of rocks. Wasn't there anything better to steal after all the effort he made to do it. I'm not condoning the act of stealing though, I am amazed as always how stupid people can be.
Perhaps he must have over active sweat glands what do you think? By the way is this an act of desperation because of what happens when I hear food stamps won't let you buy toiletries.

5NBC Chicago

A Chicago man is accused of stealing a Bobcat tractor early Friday then driving it through the gates of a nearby Family Dollar store to take deodorant, police said.Michael Younger, 50, of the 8100 block of South Vernon, was charged with two counts of felony burglary for stealing the tractor from a West Side construction site and stealing items from the store.

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

edit on 11-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 11-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well if he was trying to steal it he should have shoplifted.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
These aren't criminal masterminds, these are people acting out of desperation or complete idiocy.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Police said the man was found in the area with stolen gift cards and two cans of deodorant.
According to local reports, the man told police he found the gift cards on the ground. Police compared his image to that on store surveillance video and arrested him.

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

FACEPALM

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Someone didn't or couldn't read the part of the giftcard where it said "not valid until swiped".

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Since we're sharing goofy criminal stories. Not to long ago, a local guy slammed his truck into a pawnshop, pretty much decimating the vehicle. This was only the start of his troubles that day, as he dropped the first t.v. he tried to steal.
Took off on foot, leaving the truck, though I suppose he didn't have much of a choice. Don't know if I would've hid out at home though...They traced him back through the license plate and that was as they say, that.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
Someone didn't or couldn't read the part of the giftcard where it said "not valid until swiped".

But he did swipe them... right out of the store.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

That was funny too! At least sometimes you can get funny things from the media.
I think if I were that desperate, I'd plan a little more carefully. That's for sure. Wouldn't want to be the dumb criminal of the week especially all over the internet. Fortunately> i'm not that desperate.

top topics

join