It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rant about Stupid Mistake I Just Made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My apologies,for confusing anyone in another forum. I accidentally hit the enter key instead of hitting the shift key when trying to post a story. Sorry
for any confusion, just my stupid finger hitting wrong key. My thanks to all who answered with good humor and being good sports. Am I embarrassed. Just having one of those days
I did send u2u's to those who were temporally affected by my stupid mistake..
edit on 11-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

no thing such as a stupid mistake. We all learn by making mistakes

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I've done this. It is embarrassing.

Star to make you feel better.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Thank you just made me feel stupid. It would seem I'm just having one of those days. Hopefully I'll get over it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thank you just having one of those days. I had to double check something else I had to do today, just to make sure I did it right, that was embarrassing. I guess the majority of us have done it in one way or the other. Thanks again for the star.

link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

I am confused? What did he learn?

link   
The sad, but funny part of this is that your blank post got more attention than the real issue regarding possible crimes and fraud committed by our President.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Hellhound604

I am confused? What did he learn?

Simple, honest mistakes made on ATS are punished by degrading humiliation and ridicule.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Are referring to a thread titled 'Is this real or fake?" (or something similar to that anyways)

I just looked, and can't find it, so I assume the thread I'm thinking of, was trashed. I didn't post in it, and don't remember who the OP was either.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Not trashed, the OP changed the title
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's all good OP, these things figure themselves out.
We had a good conversation going for a while

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
My apologies,for confusing anyone in another forum. I accidentally hit the enter key instead of hitting the shift key when trying to post a story. Sorry
for any confusion, just my stupid finger hitting wrong key. My thanks to all who answered with good humor and being good sports. Am I embarrassed. Just having one of those days
I did send u2u's to those who were temporally affected by my stupid mistake..
edit on 11-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

Was that the Obama SS thread? If so, all is ok. We all hit a button before we're ready...it's no biggie.

Take a deep breath....we all make mistakes...we're only human right? Well except for those who are claiming to be reptilians....

Des

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

We all hit a button before we're ready...it's no biggie.

I don't start many threads, so I have never actually tested this theory of mine:

Is it possible to post a thread without a title?
I don't recall ever seeing one, but I don't know for sure.

IF the program doesn't allow a thread to be posted without a title, then voila, problem solved. Save the title for last. Don't type it until you're satisfied with the OP.

I may be completely wrong about that. Just tossing the idea out there...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don't know if the program allows posting of a thread without a title...but I do know, you have a 4 hour grace period to go back and edit/change anything, including title if you need to. Hope this helps.

Des

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about editing it. I just meant that if you save the title as the last step, then you may be able to eliminate the possibility of accidentally posting a thread with a blank OP.

BUT, that would only work IF the program won't allow you to post a thread with no title.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i liked the bit were you were embarressed.also making a thread about it is a positive step forward.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Nope it doesn't take at all, actually had that happen to me once. So, concerned about the story forgot the title. that would've really been embarrassing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Nope it doesn't take at all, actually had that happen to me once. So, concerned about the story forgot the title. that would've really been embarrassing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I Thanks you were right with guess. Just embarrassed about a finger malfuncion for want of a better of word. I can laugh at it now. Over inital embarrassment.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
one thing I hate about my laptops..... sometimes when I type, the palm of my hand presses on the touchpad, and then my laptop goes all bananas.... either the post that I spent hours (it feels like hours) gets deleted, or the ATS page gets closed, or the half-written post gets posted.

grrr, sometimes then I just give up ... or I would spend another hour retyping and recomposing the post, and then the same thing happens again. Then I assume my spirit guides thinks it is not a good thing for me to post that, and I just shake my head and do something different.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Laughing is good. Better than feeling bad over a common mistake....

You are a good member here. I look forward to your other threads.

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join